Skip to comments.SEIU warns House Dem: Vote yes or we’ll primary you
Posted on 03/12/2010 6:23:15 PM PST by blueyon
The Democrats cant afford to let this thing get to the recess without a vote the risk of another round of angry townhalls is too great so every last stop will be pulled out over the next week. This is just the beginning.
(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...
A YES vote will crash and burn them worse.
....and the MSM just ignores this.......
The obvious seems lost on the leftards.
The Nazis used to pull this kind of crap all the time. The Dems need to tell the jack-booted, SEIU brownshirts to FO. If I was a ‘RAT, I’d be buying me a Louisville Slugger of my own and keep it handy.
Well these guys should remember that union membership is about 7% (IIRC) of the workforce. Unions mean alot for fund raising but sqat at the polls, and there will be lot of motivated voters at the polls in November I think.
Screw them. I would just switch parties.
Let them primary. Only the far left would vote for someone with HCR blood on their hands. Public abortions, death panels and Complete Lives System aren’t exactly things that demonstrate a committment to preservation of life, but rather the senseless and dispicable taking of it.
The Dems. are like Japanese kamikaze pilots ready to crash into the U.S. masses.
A primary would be the lesser of two evils.Either they win,or lose and don’t have to bother to wait until November to realize that they’re done or lose and run as independents in November and if they’re district is anti HusseinCare (as most are) they at least have a chance.
Obama and his Leftist handlers have put not only the American people in an uncomfortable position of having to fight against our own government for what is our true heritage, but have also placed their own between a rock and a hard spot this coming election cycle.
There’s going to be some pretty hard feelings, and some reactionary votes that aren’t going to go Obama’s way me thinks.
May be wishful thinking, but nobody likes being played.
Half of my UAW guys vote conservative already.
This might just bring in the other half.
If it is actually brought to a vote, the Dems who vote against will be essentially leaving the party permanently. This means, Pelosi will only move it to the floor if she KNOWS she has the 216 she needs (because there is no point in creating Republicans in exchange for nothing).
Obviously, she doesn’t have 216 yet.
I don’t agree with Allahpundit. I’m guessing the Dems aren’t gonna get there. It’s been almost a year and they have been LOSING votes along the way, not gaining them.
Maybe I’m wrong. But I’m saying they ain’t gonna get it.
I voted conservative as a union member too. (AFL-CIO affiliated independent union)
okay, so you vote them out in the primary....what do you replace them with. Another freekin radical that will crash and burn this November.
My marxist rep is gone in november anyway so he’ll be voting for it. I’m voting conservative as I always do and my guy has a wide lead.
Our retort should be, “Vote no or we’ll lynch you.”
They play hardball, we play hardball.
I was union while working my way through school.
Teamsters and United Transportation Union.
Met some good people and a lot of stupid rules.
I agree with you. Its dead as a duck.
Nancy will probably kicked out of her position anyway. She is a LIAR, and needs to be eliminated. (from her position)
A union is like one more layer of government. My steward used to get mad because I called my union dues “my union tax”.
Obama has screwed the Congressional Dems good....Catch 22 situation...Damned if they do and Damned if they don’t....
But Dems in Congress shouldn’t be afraid of Nancy Pelosi as I don’t think (keeping fingers crossed) she will be Speaker of the House come next January.....
my union tax.
Good one. I’ll have to use that on my guys.
I tell them that UAW stands for “United Against Work”.
This COMMUNIST SON OF A WHORE has a cousin named FIDEL CASTRO ODINGA and went to Kenya in 2006 to campaign for his commie cousin Rail Odinga (FIDELS DADDY)who lost the election but set his supporters to murder the winners to the point that they agreed to share power.
THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND HIS PARTY ARE COMMUNIST MONSTERS.
A supporter of the presidential challenger Raila Odinga (OBAMAS FIRST COUSIN WHO HE CAMPAIGNED FOR) in Kibera, a sprawling slum near the capital, Nairobi. The NAACP never met a communist it didn't like.
Their Fellow Travelers, The Congressional Progressive Caucus must be targeted and destroyed as well their allies in the press and academia.
No holds barred, take no prisoners, name names and make these red bastards pay dearly for the consequences of nearly one hundred years of insidious and unrelenting attacks on capitalism and judeo-christian morality.
The days of marxists operating in the open in your face and you'll like it or else are fast drawing to a close.
These RED SONS OF BITCHES THINK THEY CAN STEAL THE PRODUCTIVE CLASS MONEY BY THE ELECTORAL PROCESS.
Yes, his complete name is Fidel Castro Odinga. He is the eldest son of Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga and a first cousin to Barack Hussein Obama. The late Obama Sr. was the prime minister's maternal uncle. Although Obama Sr. was educated at Harvard and Odinga in East Germany, uncle and nephew were friends and political allies.
Today it is Barack Obama and Raila Odinga who have formed a transcontinental political alliance. In fact, Senator Obama, in an unprecedented breech of protocal, went to Kenya in 2006 to campaign on his cousin's behalf in that country's presidential election.
Raila lost the election when a secret pact was revealed with Kenya's Muslim Brotherhood to institute sharia law in all the country's courts in exchange for their support of his candidacy. This is all the more remarkable because it is Christianity (66%), not Islam (10%), which is the largest religion in Kenya, and English common law, not the Koran, which is the basis for its legal system. Or, perhaps, it is not so remarkable, after all, since both the Odingas and Obamas belong to the 10 percent.
Although not an observant Muslim, Odinga does represent Moammar Qaffafy's oil interests in southern Africa, which may better explain his willingness to tranform his non-Muslim country into a Muslim state as Idi Amin did in Uganda when he was the recipient of the colonel's largesse 30 years ago.
Odinga's connection to Barack Obama, however, has proved more useful in his political career than Qadaffy's billions. It was in the expectation of Obama's election as president, and to ingratiate himself to him, that Odinga's political rival offered him the premiership as a consolation prize.
When Prime Minister Odinga named his son "Fidel Castro," he broke with Kenyan tradition as he should have named him for the boy's grandfather Oginga Odinga (the Kenyan "Fidel Castro"), a Marxist-Leninist revolutionary who led an unsuccessful coup to topple the government of Kenya on behalf of the Soviets.
It is not known whether Oginga Odinga's brother-in-law, Obama Sr., was involved in the coup, though given the tribal character of politics in Kenya it would be difficult to imagine that he wasn't at least aware of it or wouldn't have profited by it even if he didn't contribute to it. Indeed, that may have been the reason for Obama Sr.'s failed political career in Kenya.
It is certainly ironic that Obama Sr.'s star eclipsed because of his relationship to Oginga Odinga, whereas his son Raila's rose because of his connection to Obama Jr.
We wonder how things might have turned out if Obama Sr., the Harvard-trained economist, had followed his cousin's example and named his American-born son "John Maynard Keynes Obama." Posted by Manuel A.Tellechea
I’m a firm believer that if you want to bring a union to its knees, all you have to do is force them to pass their own collection plate around.
FReep mail me if you want on/off the list.
The following members of Congress are Marxists and terrorist coddlers who have rebranded themselves as Progressives in an attempt to hide their agenda
Nancy Pelosi was one of the original members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and only left when she was named Minority Leader.
She is now Speaker of the House and 2 heartbeats away from President of the United States.
All members are members of the Democratic Party or caucus with the Democratic Party. There are currently 82 total declared Progressives including 79 voting Representatives, 2 non-voting Delegates, and 1 Senator.
The Congressional Progressive Caucus
* Ed Pastor (AZ-4, Phoenix)
* Raúl Grijalva (AZ-7, Tucson) - Co-Chair
* Lynn Woolsey (CA-6, Santa Rosa) - Co-Chair
* George Miller (CA-7, Richmond) - Chairman, House Education and Labor Committee
* Barbara Lee (CA-9, Oakland) - Chairwoman, Congressional Black Caucus
* Pete Stark (CA-13, Fremont)
* Michael Honda (CA-15, San Jose)
* Sam Farr (CA-17, Monterey)
* Henry Waxman (CA-30, Los Angeles) - Chairman, House Energy and Commerce Committee
* Xavier Becerra (CA-31, Los Angeles)
* Judy Chu (CA-32, El Monte)
* Diane Watson (CA-33, Los Angeles)
* Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA-34, Los Angeles)
* Maxine Waters (CA-35, Inglewood)
* Laura Richardson (CA-37, Long Beach)
* Linda Sanchez (CA-39, Lakewood)
* Bob Filner (CA-51, San Diego) - Chairman, House Veterans Affairs Committee
* Jared Polis (CO-02, Boulder)
* Rosa DeLauro (CT-3, New Haven)
* Corrine Brown (FL-3, Jacksonville)
* Alan Grayson (FL-8, Orlando)
* Robert Wexler (FL-19, Boca Raton)
* Alcee Hastings (FL-23, Fort Lauderdale)
* Hank Johnson (GA-4, Lithonia)
* John Lewis (GA-5, Atlanta)
* Neil Abercrombie (HI-1, Honolulu)
* Mazie Hirono (HI-2, Honolulu)
* Bobby Rush (IL-1, Chicago)
* Jesse Jackson, Jr. (IL-2, Chicago Heights)
* Luis Gutierrez (IL-4, Chicago)
* Danny Davis (IL-7, Chicago)
* Jan Schakowsky (IL-9, Chicago)
* Phil Hare (IL-17, Rock Island)
* André Carson (IN-7, Indianapolis)
* Dave Loebsack (IA-2, Cedar Rapids)
* Chellie Pingree (ME-1, North Haven)
* Donna Edwards (MD-4, Fort Washington)
* Elijah Cummings (MD-7, Baltimore)
* John Olver (MA-1, Amherst)
* Jim McGovern (MA-3, Worcester)
* Barney Frank (MA-4, Newton) - Chairman, House Financial Services Committee
* John Tierney (MA-6, Salem)
* Ed Markey (MA-7, Malden)
* Mike Capuano (MA-8, Boston)
* Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick (MI-13, Detroit)
* John Conyers (MI-14, Detroit) - Chairman, House Judiciary Committee
* Keith Ellison (MN-5, Minneapolis)
* Bennie Thompson (MS-2, Bolton) - Chairman, House Homeland Security Committee
* William Lacy Clay, Jr. (MO-1, St. Louis)
* Emanuel Cleaver (MO-5, Kansas City)
 New Jersey
* Frank Pallone (NJ-06)
* Donald Payne (NJ-10, Newark)
 New Mexico
* Ben R. Luján (NM-3, Santa Fe)
 New York
* Jerry Nadler (NY-8, Manhattan)
* Yvette Clarke (NY-11, Brooklyn)
* Nydia Velazquez (NY-12, Brooklyn) - Chairwoman, House Small Business Committee
* Carolyn Maloney (NY-14, Manhattan)
* Charles Rangel (NY-15, Harlem) - Chairman, House Ways and Means Committee
* Jose Serrano (NY-16, Bronx)
* John Hall (NY-19, Dover Plains)
* Maurice Hinchey (NY-22, Saugerties)
* Louise Slaughter (NY-28, Rochester) - Chairwoman, House Rules Committee
* Eric Massa (NY-29, Corning)
 North Carolina
* Mel Watt (NC-12, Charlotte)
* Marcy Kaptur (OH-9, Toledo)
* Dennis Kucinich (OH-10, Cleveland)
* Marcia Fudge (OH-11, Warrensville Heights)
* Earl Blumenauer (OR-3, Portland)
* Peter DeFazio (OR-4, Eugene)
* Bob Brady (PA-1, Philadelphia) - Chairman, House Administration Committee
* Chaka Fattah (PA-2, Philadelphia)
* Steve Cohen (TN-9, Memphis)
* Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX-18, Houston)
* Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30, Dallas)
* Jim Moran (VA-8, Alexandria)
* Peter Welch (VT-At Large)
* Jim McDermott (WA-7, Seattle)
* Tammy Baldwin (WI-2, Madison)
* Gwen Moore (WI-4, Milwaukee)
* Donna M. Christensen (Virgin Islands)
* Eleanor Holmes Norton (District of Columbia)
 Senate member
* Bernie Sanders (Vermont)
 Former members
* Sherrod Brown (OH-13) - Elected to Senate
* Julia Carson (IN-07) - Died in December 2007
* Lane Evans (IL-17) - Retired from Congress
* Cynthia McKinney (GA-4) - Lost Congressional seat to current caucus member Hank Johnson
* Major Owens (NY-11) - Retired from Congress
* Nancy Pelosi (CA-8) - Left Caucus when Elected House Minority Leader
* Hilda Solis (CA-32) - Became Secretary of Labor in 2009
* Stephanie Tubbs Jones (OH-11) - Died in 2008
* Tom Udall (NM Senate)
* Paul Wellstone (MN Senate) - Died in plane crash in 2002
The Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) was established in 1991 by five members of the United States House of Representatives: Representatives Ron Dellums (D-CA), Lane Evans (D-IL), Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Maxine Waters (D-CA), and Bernie Sanders (I-VT). Then-Representative Bernie Sanders was the convener and first. The founding members were concerned about the economic hardship imposed by the deepening recession, the growing inequality brought about by the timidity of the Democratic Party response at the time.
Additional House representatives joined soon, including Major Owens (D-NY), Nydia Velazquez (D-NY), David Bonior (D-MI), Bob Filner (D-CA), Barney Frank (D-MA), Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), Jim McDermott (D-WA), Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Patsy Mink (D-HI), George Miller (D-CA), Pete Stark (D-CA), John Olver (D-MA), Lynn Woolsey (D-CA), and Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).
It’s surreal, card carrying MARXISTS stealing money with impunity, unchallenged and in broad daylight no less.
Some heads are gonna roll.
My two congress critters from Wisconsin on your list get my vote for all time worst.
The time for fooling around with RINOs and marxists who call themselves Progressives to hide their marxist agenda (as if that will continue to work forever) is fast coming to a close.
Its a blessed thing that the degenerate slick son of a bitch ROMNEY from a family of cowards is going to try for the GOP nomination because it will once and for all propel a candidate (as yet undetermined) to stop pulling punches and declare WAR ON SOCIALISM.
The candidate must name names, vow to destroy the members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and excoriate geographic areas such as San Francisco and other socialist strongholds as US AGAINST THEM
The effin party is over, time to smack down these CPUSA stooges and fellow travelers, put PR mens heads on pikes, and put the fear of God and the sword in the hearts of the ENEMY WITHIN
I never miss a chance to tweak a liberal.
What does it mean to “primary” them? I thought we already had the primaries.
SEIU is nothing compared to what we the people will do to them!
We vote conservative and are a AFL-CIO household. Most everyone hubby works with does too. There are a few really not so bright people who are dems but not many where he works.
The UAW and AFL-CIO have their obvious problems but they aren’t marxist ideolgue unions like SEIU.
Hey! SEIU! Bring it on! You are Flaming Arse hats and America now knows who You are! Flaming Douchebags!! along with your puppet, OBOZO!!
What — they actually think people will be LESS angry if they’ve already voted by the time they come home???
“We’ll primary you.” ?? That worked really well with Ned Lamont and Joe Lieberman in CT, didn’t it?
I don’t remember SIEU being named the fourth branch of government: The Thug Branch.
SEIU.....bring it on you commie punks.
American people to SEIU and the Dems: Vote ‘yes’ and your doomed. Pick your poison.
It is as though we, the American people, elect our owners.
check out Hugh Hewitt website. He has a email system to send letters to Blue Dogs.
He also has a link to the Tim Burns, the Republican trying to take Murtha’s old seat.
Send him a contribution to send a message to the Democrats.
So SEIU member don’t have Cadillac health plans? If they do, why do they want the senate obamacare bill to pass?