Skip to comments.Without Firing a Shot?
Posted on 03/15/2010 6:30:30 PM PDT by lancer256
During the height of the Cold War, some feared the communists would take over the United States without firing a shot. Could it be that nearly a half-century later, we're on the verge of that becoming a reality?
President Barack Obama and Democratic congressmen won their respective elections -- no shots were fired -- and they are feverishly attempting to dismantle this nation's institutions, brick by brick.
The American people are getting a bird's-eye view of what the left, which completely dominates the Democratic Party, thinks of the Constitution, freedom and the right of the people to self-governance.
The people now attempting to govern us with an iron fist are Marxist-leaning in terms of not only the policies they support but also the ruthless tactics they employ to enact those policies into law.
As long as it served Obama's Machiavellian purposes to maintain a semblance of unity for his ambitious agenda, he donned his bipartisan cap. But as soon as he encountered intractable opposition from Republicans, God bless them, he began to show his true political colors.
(Excerpt) Read more at davidlimbaugh.com ...
Just read the Communist manifest to find out.
Brother... shots will be fired if it is tried and the communist will be on the losing end. So say we all.
We all wanted to be politically correct and wanted everyone to like us because we are “a nice person” (girlyman voice/off). This is where all that fairy sh*t has taken us. We’re losing our country.
And Robert Gibbs says it will be “the law of the land” by the end of this week.
There is plenty of fuel but who, what, when and where will the match be lit and start the fire?
I have been asking that since last summer.......when will we say ENOUGH and actually do something? The commies pay no attention to the Tea Parties, the Constitution means nothing to them, and they will do absolutely anything to pass their agenda. Meanwhiile, we sit and feel helpless.
Yeah... as in voting the bass turds in.
I’m so mad at John McCain. He could have flailed and flogged that flim flam Bummer six ways from Sunday about this issue had he wanted. But no, he had to be the Kentucky Fried Gentleman. True, we’d now have a RINO president, but he would have had the decency not to drive the current circus.
Good post potlatch -
What’s that odd looking flag on the right?
Somebody had better think again.
I think he means, without the Commies firing a shot
I think they have already taken over. They have not consolidated their power so it is still not too late but they really are in control now.
It’s the Whipple flag.
Now I know why I had an urge to squeeze the Charmin.
[Now I know why I had an urge to squeeze the Charmin.]
Oh gosh, you gave me my only ‘laugh out loud’ of the day!!
Thanks for that!
The Whipple Flag
What have we built a military for?? To bend over and hold their ankles??
Somebody had better think again.
There may be a few Waco and Ruby Ridge type stand-offs and firefights, but they'll be put down by the SWAT / BATF / FBI teams.
Please keep in mind their side has shock troops trained, equipped and willing to put down any opposition. And they also have the high tech equipment and heavy weapons on their side.
Unfortunately, I think that unless at least a state succeeds we're all pretty much screwed when it comes down to effectively fighting off such a power grab.
Could we pick a little one to conquer? Like Rhode Island?
I’m hoping Texas goes...
My point being to fight such a power grab the people opposing it would need enough people and organization to at least be able to make it tough enough that the attacking side caves in and leaves them to go their own way.
LOUISE SLAUGTER IS A MARXIST MEMBER OF THE CONGRESSIONAL PROGRESSIVE CAUCUS
THE CPC MUST BE DESTROYED AS A LEGITIMATE ABOVE GROUND CAUCUS OPERATING FREELY ON CAPITAL HILL AND ITS TRAITOROUS MEMBERS CALLED TO ACCOUNT FOR THEIR ACTIONS
The following members of Congress are Marxists and terrorist coddlers who have rebranded themselves as Progressives in an attempt to hide their agenda
Nancy Pelosi was one of the original members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and only left when she was named Minority Leader.
She is now Speaker of the House and 2 heartbeats away from President of the United States.
All members are members of the Democratic Party or caucus with the Democratic Party. There are currently 82 total declared Progressives including 79 voting Representatives, 2 non-voting Delegates, and 1 Senator.
The Congressional Progressive Caucus
* Ed Pastor (AZ-4, Phoenix)
* Raúl Grijalva (AZ-7, Tucson) - Co-Chair
* Lynn Woolsey (CA-6, Santa Rosa) - Co-Chair
* George Miller (CA-7, Richmond) - Chairman, House Education and Labor Committee
* Barbara Lee (CA-9, Oakland) - Chairwoman, Congressional Black Caucus
* Pete Stark (CA-13, Fremont)
* Michael Honda (CA-15, San Jose)
* Sam Farr (CA-17, Monterey)
* Henry Waxman (CA-30, Los Angeles) - Chairman, House Energy and Commerce Committee
* Xavier Becerra (CA-31, Los Angeles)
* Judy Chu (CA-32, El Monte)
* Diane Watson (CA-33, Los Angeles)
* Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA-34, Los Angeles)
* Maxine Waters (CA-35, Inglewood)
* Laura Richardson (CA-37, Long Beach)
* Linda Sanchez (CA-39, Lakewood)
* Bob Filner (CA-51, San Diego) - Chairman, House Veterans Affairs Committee
* Jared Polis (CO-02, Boulder)
* Rosa DeLauro (CT-3, New Haven)
* Corrine Brown (FL-3, Jacksonville)
* Alan Grayson (FL-8, Orlando)
* Robert Wexler (FL-19, Boca Raton)
* Alcee Hastings (FL-23, Fort Lauderdale)
* Hank Johnson (GA-4, Lithonia)
* John Lewis (GA-5, Atlanta)
* Neil Abercrombie (HI-1, Honolulu)
* Mazie Hirono (HI-2, Honolulu)
* Bobby Rush (IL-1, Chicago)
* Jesse Jackson, Jr. (IL-2, Chicago Heights)
* Luis Gutierrez (IL-4, Chicago)
* Danny Davis (IL-7, Chicago)
* Jan Schakowsky (IL-9, Chicago)
* Phil Hare (IL-17, Rock Island)
* André Carson (IN-7, Indianapolis)
* Dave Loebsack (IA-2, Cedar Rapids)
* Chellie Pingree (ME-1, North Haven)
* Donna Edwards (MD-4, Fort Washington)
* Elijah Cummings (MD-7, Baltimore)
* John Olver (MA-1, Amherst)
* Jim McGovern (MA-3, Worcester)
* Barney Frank (MA-4, Newton) - Chairman, House Financial Services Committee
* John Tierney (MA-6, Salem)
* Ed Markey (MA-7, Malden)
* Mike Capuano (MA-8, Boston)
* Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick (MI-13, Detroit)
* John Conyers (MI-14, Detroit) - Chairman, House Judiciary Committee
* Keith Ellison (MN-5, Minneapolis)
* Bennie Thompson (MS-2, Bolton) - Chairman, House Homeland Security Committee
* William Lacy Clay, Jr. (MO-1, St. Louis)
* Emanuel Cleaver (MO-5, Kansas City)
 New Jersey
* Frank Pallone (NJ-06)
* Donald Payne (NJ-10, Newark)
 New Mexico
* Ben R. Luján (NM-3, Santa Fe)
 New York
* Jerry Nadler (NY-8, Manhattan)
* Yvette Clarke (NY-11, Brooklyn)
* Nydia Velazquez (NY-12, Brooklyn) - Chairwoman, House Small Business Committee
* Carolyn Maloney (NY-14, Manhattan)
* Charles Rangel (NY-15, Harlem) - Chairman, House Ways and Means Committee
* Jose Serrano (NY-16, Bronx)
* John Hall (NY-19, Dover Plains)
* Maurice Hinchey (NY-22, Saugerties)
* Louise Slaughter (NY-28, Rochester) - Chairwoman, House Rules Committee
* Eric Massa (NY-29, Corning)
 North Carolina
* Mel Watt (NC-12, Charlotte)
* Marcy Kaptur (OH-9, Toledo)
* Dennis Kucinich (OH-10, Cleveland)
* Marcia Fudge (OH-11, Warrensville Heights)
* Earl Blumenauer (OR-3, Portland)
* Peter DeFazio (OR-4, Eugene)
* Bob Brady (PA-1, Philadelphia) - Chairman, House Administration Committee
* Chaka Fattah (PA-2, Philadelphia)
* Steve Cohen (TN-9, Memphis)
* Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX-18, Houston)
* Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30, Dallas)
* Jim Moran (VA-8, Alexandria)
* Peter Welch (VT-At Large)
* Jim McDermott (WA-7, Seattle)
* Tammy Baldwin (WI-2, Madison)
* Gwen Moore (WI-4, Milwaukee)
* Donna M. Christensen (Virgin Islands)
* Eleanor Holmes Norton (District of Columbia)
 Senate member
* Bernie Sanders (Vermont)
 Former members
* Sherrod Brown (OH-13) - Elected to Senate
* Julia Carson (IN-07) - Died in December 2007
* Lane Evans (IL-17) - Retired from Congress
* Cynthia McKinney (GA-4) - Lost Congressional seat to current caucus member Hank Johnson
* Major Owens (NY-11) - Retired from Congress
* Nancy Pelosi (CA-8) - Left Caucus when Elected House Minority Leader
* Hilda Solis (CA-32) - Became Secretary of Labor in 2009
* Stephanie Tubbs Jones (OH-11) - Died in 2008
* Tom Udall (NM Senate)
* Paul Wellstone (MN Senate) - Died in plane crash in 2002
The Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) was established in 1991 by five members of the United States House of Representatives: Representatives Ron Dellums (D-CA), Lane Evans (D-IL), Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Maxine Waters (D-CA), and Bernie Sanders (I-VT). Then-Representative Bernie Sanders was the convener and first. The founding members were concerned about the economic hardship imposed by the deepening recession, the growing inequality brought about by the timidity of the Democratic Party response at the time.
Additional House representatives joined soon, including Major Owens (D-NY), Nydia Velazquez (D-NY), David Bonior (D-MI), Bob Filner (D-CA), Barney Frank (D-MA), Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), Jim McDermott (D-WA), Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Patsy Mink (D-HI), George Miller (D-CA), Pete Stark (D-CA), John Olver (D-MA), Lynn Woolsey (D-CA), and Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).
I’d think maybe Wyoming or Idaho.
Love FAPin’ out to MCAS(H).
I know how you feel. Attending Tea Parties, calling, writing, talking with friends — none of it has any effect. All of us feel so helpless at the loss of our nation to the communists. If they use the slaughter idea, the whole notion of “law” immediately becomes meaningless in the U.S., no different at all than in some third-world dictatorship where the law is just what the dictator says it is, nothing more. As Levin said the other day, they will ignite a Constitutional crisis 100 times bigger than Watergate with their sleazy chicanery.
THANK YOU David. Where would this country be without You and your brother, and the rest telling America the truth. Thank God for all of you!
IF there are no laws, then there are NO LAWS.. anarchy will prevail. Just watch it.
[IF there are no laws, then there are NO LAWS.. anarchy will prevail]
There are plenty of laws in Communist China, just as there were in the Soviet Union.
The difference between them and the legal framework of the U.S.A. is that our Republic exists with the specified purpose of securing the inalienable rights of the governed.
“TO SECURE THESE RIGHTS, governments are instituted among men”
Anarchy - no, Tyranny yes. We will see a continued shift towards the subjugation of the individual by the collective - and it will be accomplished via the perversion of American law.
Here is what Julius C. Smith, of the American Bar Association, had to say about all of this:
“Is there any labor leader, any businessman, any lawyer or any other citizen of America so blind that he cannot see that this country is drifting at an accelerated pace into administrative absolutism similar to that which prevailed in the governments of antiquity, the governments of the Middle Ages, and in the great totalitarian governments of today? Make no mistake about it. Even as Mussolini and Hitler rose to absolute power under the forms of law... so may administrative absolutism be fastened upon this country within the Constitution and within the forms of law.”
Well, I misslead you a bit. Although he is talking EXACTLY about what Obama IS DOING, he was really talking (back in the 30’s) about what FDR was doing with the New Deal.
From an excellent booklet entitled “The Revolution Was”, in the following thread. It is about FDR and the New Deal, but you could replace it for Obama about 99% of the time. It is scary. (But not odd, as Obama is just following FDR’s proven, results-getting formula). We’ll see if Obama tries to add to the Supreme Court like FDR if they try to block the “Reconciliation” thing.
Tennessee: Tea Party are planning a protest at the Millington TN office of Rep John Tanner tomorrow just before noon.
Defeat Obamacare call list: List now contains the new MAYBES culled from FR posts. Be sure to call KNOWN RINOS too.
KEEP THE CALLS UP! DC OFFICE LOCAL OFFICE
Code Red - House Target List on Health Care
The National Republican Congressional Committee has published a target list on health care. In addition to continuing to contact the five Tennessee Democrat Congressmen, you can go http://www.votervoice.net/link/clickthrough/ext/94697.aspx to contact some of these targets. Much of the talk following Obamas announcement has focused on how to defeat this second bill through reconciliation, but that is misleading because the first step to defeating Obamacare is not by concentrating on defeating the fixer bill but by defeating the Senate bill in the House when it goes to the floor for an up-or-down vote on Thursday, March 18th.
Rep. Lincoln Davis 202-225-6831 Columbia office: 931-490-8699
Rep. Jim Cooper 202-225-4311 Nashville office: 615-736-5295
Rep. Bart Gordon 202-225-4231 Murfreesboro office: 615-896-1986
John Tanner (202) 225-4714, Union City, (731) 885-7070, Jackson Phone: (731) 423-4848, Millington (901) 873-5690 TN (MAYBE)
Rep. Steve Cohen 202-225-3265 Memphis office: 901-544-4131
Harry Mitchell (202) 225-2190 (480) 946-2411 AZ 5th District
Gabrielle Giffords (202) 225-2542 (520) 881-3588 AZ 8th District
Ann Kirkpatrick (202) 225-2315 (928) 226-6914 AZ 1st District
Jerry McNerney (202) 225-1947 925-833-0643 CA 11th District
John Salazar 202-225-4761 970-245-7107 CO 3rd District
Jim Himes (202) 225-5541 (866) 453-0028 CT 4th District
Alan Grayson (202) 225-2176 (407) 841-1757 FL 8th District
Bill Foster (202) 225-2976 630-406-1114 IL 14th District
Baron Hill 202 225 5315 812 288 3999 IN 9th District
Mark Schauer (202) 225-6276 (517) 780-9075 MI 7th District
Gary Peters (202) 225-5802 (248) 273-4227 MI 9th District
Dina Titus (202) 225-3252 702-256-DINA (3462) NV 3rd District
Carol Shea-Porter (202) 225-5456 (603) 743-4813 NH 1st District
Tim Bishop (202) 225-3826 (631) 696-6500 NY 1st District
John Hall (202) 225-5441 (845) 225-3641 x49371 NY 19th District
Bill Owens (202) 225-4611 (315) 782-3150 NY 23rd District
James Matheson Toll-Free Number 1 (877) 677-9743 (202) 225-3011Mike Arcuri (202)225-3665 (315)793-8146 NY 24th District
Dan Maffei (202) 225-3701 (315) 423-5657 NY 25th District
Earl Pomeroy (202) 225-2611 (701) 224-0355 ND At-Large District
Steven Driehaus (202) 225-2216 (513) 684-2723 OH 1st District
Mary Jo Kilroy (202) 225-2015 (614) 294-2196 OH 15th District
Zach Space (202) 225-6265 (330) 364-4300 OH 18th District
Kathy Dahlkemper (202) 225-5406 (814) 456-2038 PA 3rd District
Patrick Murphy (202) 225-4276 (215) 826-1963 PA 8th District
Christopher Carney (202) 225-3731 (570) 585-9988 PA 10th District
Paul Kanjorski (202) 225-6511 (570) 825-2200 PA 11th District
John Spratt (202) 225-5501 (803)327-1114 SC 5th District
Tom Perriello (202) 225-4711 (276) 656-2291 VA 5th District
Alan Mollohan (202) 225-4172 (304) 623-4422 WVA 1st District
Nick Rahall (202) 225-3452 (304) 252-5000 WVA 3rd District
Steve Kagen (202) 225-5665 (920) 437-1954 WI 8th District
Bart Stupak (202) 225 4735 MI (MAYBE)
Brian Baird (202) 225-3536, Vancouver, (360) 695-6292. Olympia, (360) 352-9768, (MAYBE)
senator mark begich (202) 224-3004 toll free. (877) 501 - 6275 just became a MAYBE
Jason Altmire 202-225-2565, Aliquippa, 724-378-0928,
Natrona Heights, 724-226-1304 (MAYBE)
On the Bubble (Major developments from the yes and no columns in the House)
Congressional Dems on Twitter
And here are toll-free numbers we can use to call any Senators or Reps.
At the first number below you must wait through a tape recording urging you to tell your Rep or Senator to vote yes for the health care bill. Just hang on and when the recording is over, you will get the Capitol operator. Just ask for your Rep or Senators office. Then you will either talk to an aid or have the chance to leave a message for him/her to vote NO on the health care bill.
When you use the second number and the Capitol operator comes on, just ask for your Rep or Senators office. Every time I use this number I get the Rep or Senators answer machine, so it may be set up that way all the time...to go to their answer machine. Either way you can leave a message to vote NO on the health care bill!
We need to use these toll free numbers that have been set up for the health care/ BO supporters and illegals to use! After all they are FREE!
1-800-828-0498 , 1-866-220-0044, 1-866-338-1015, 877-851-6437, 877-210-5351
Lived in Santa Ana for 12 years and worked right up the street from MCAS Tustin.
Really missed the sound of the Jolly Green Giants when they left, as well as the marines at lunch time in the local eateries. The post-closure decay of base housing was a reminder to spit in comrade Crinton’s direction every time I drove past.
Almost as irritating as seeing the Chinese container operation unfold in what was once Long Beach Naval Shipyard.
Without a shot, indeed.
>>It is scary. (But not odd,..
Not Odd at all. It’s the same self-evident tendancy of human nature recognized by the American founders when they constructed this Republic to protect the Individual from it.
Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Ba’al
The recklessness of Obamacrats in trying to shove through another -- and by far the biggest -- government entitlement at a time when existing entitlements and other government expenditures threaten to bankrupt the nation is staggering.
But they're just getting warmed up. Stay tuned for their education and immigration "overhauls."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.