Skip to comments.Brown To Maddow: We Will Never Give Up On Single Payer
Posted on 03/15/2010 7:48:16 PM PDT by Biggirl
No, not that Brown. Famous Dem lefty Senator Sherrod Brown. I post this only so you can understand what it means to be a progressive. They measure time in decades, not Congressional terms. They measure victory incrementally. The creeping progress of progressivism never stops and this my friends
is the Crown Jewel.
(Excerpt) Read more at radioviceonline.com ...
I still can’t believe this pos won here in Ohio.
That’s exactly right. They measure victory incrementally.
This means that when they promise they won’t use federal funds for abortion, or that you’ll be able to continue seeing your current doctor, or that it won’t make premiums go up, or that it won’t increase the deficit, or that you’ll be able to keep your current health insurance plan ...
... the unspoken words at the end of each of their claims are “this year.”
this scum is what you get when you have a republican goes RINO (Dewine) to try to get along with the rats. a lesson to learn,,,this bastard is up for re-election in 2012
At first glance I thought the article was about Scott Brown. Sheesh...
Meanwhile, too many conservatives feel they have to roll back the clock on this kind of nonsense “now or never.” Too often no long term plan and no patience.
The election of Scott Brown served exactly the purpose it was meant to serve. None of us were confused about who or what he was, but he was vote 41 against ObamaCare. That was the message. He was the vehicle. Now move on to where we need to go next.
You are smart. And intelligent.
Excuse me? That was the reason I posted my remark. He is adamantly against the Death care and when I saw the headline, I thought he was suddenly in the Dems pocket. With the way people are jumping and derailing these days, I thought he had.
Now YOU move on.
SHERROD BROWN AND LOUISE SLAUGTER ARE MARXIST MEMBERS OF THE CONGRESSIONAL PROGRESSIVE CAUCUS
THE CPC MUST BE DESTROYED AS A LEGITIMATE ABOVE GROUND CAUCUS OPERATING FREELY ON CAPITAL HILL AND ITS TRAITOROUS MEMBERS CALLED TO ACCOUNT FOR THEIR ACTIONS
The following members of Congress are Marxists and terrorist coddlers who have rebranded themselves as Progressives in an attempt to hide their agenda
Nancy Pelosi was one of the original members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and only left when she was named Minority Leader.
She is now Speaker of the House and 2 heartbeats away from President of the United States.
All members are members of the Democratic Party or caucus with the Democratic Party. There are currently 82 total declared Progressives including 79 voting Representatives, 2 non-voting Delegates, and 1 Senator.
The Congressional Progressive Caucus
* Ed Pastor (AZ-4, Phoenix)
* Raúl Grijalva (AZ-7, Tucson) - Co-Chair
* Lynn Woolsey (CA-6, Santa Rosa) - Co-Chair
* George Miller (CA-7, Richmond) - Chairman, House Education and Labor Committee
* Barbara Lee (CA-9, Oakland) - Chairwoman, Congressional Black Caucus
* Pete Stark (CA-13, Fremont)
* Michael Honda (CA-15, San Jose)
* Sam Farr (CA-17, Monterey)
* Henry Waxman (CA-30, Los Angeles) - Chairman, House Energy and Commerce Committee
* Xavier Becerra (CA-31, Los Angeles)
* Judy Chu (CA-32, El Monte)
* Diane Watson (CA-33, Los Angeles)
* Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA-34, Los Angeles)
* Maxine Waters (CA-35, Inglewood)
* Laura Richardson (CA-37, Long Beach)
* Linda Sanchez (CA-39, Lakewood)
* Bob Filner (CA-51, San Diego) - Chairman, House Veterans Affairs Committee
* Jared Polis (CO-02, Boulder)
* Rosa DeLauro (CT-3, New Haven)
* Corrine Brown (FL-3, Jacksonville)
* Alan Grayson (FL-8, Orlando)
* Robert Wexler (FL-19, Boca Raton)
* Alcee Hastings (FL-23, Fort Lauderdale)
* Hank Johnson (GA-4, Lithonia)
* John Lewis (GA-5, Atlanta)
* Neil Abercrombie (HI-1, Honolulu)
* Mazie Hirono (HI-2, Honolulu)
* Bobby Rush (IL-1, Chicago)
* Jesse Jackson, Jr. (IL-2, Chicago Heights)
* Luis Gutierrez (IL-4, Chicago)
* Danny Davis (IL-7, Chicago)
* Jan Schakowsky (IL-9, Chicago)
* Phil Hare (IL-17, Rock Island)
* André Carson (IN-7, Indianapolis)
* Dave Loebsack (IA-2, Cedar Rapids)
* Chellie Pingree (ME-1, North Haven)
* Donna Edwards (MD-4, Fort Washington)
* Elijah Cummings (MD-7, Baltimore)
* John Olver (MA-1, Amherst)
* Jim McGovern (MA-3, Worcester)
* Barney Frank (MA-4, Newton) - Chairman, House Financial Services Committee
* John Tierney (MA-6, Salem)
* Ed Markey (MA-7, Malden)
* Mike Capuano (MA-8, Boston)
* Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick (MI-13, Detroit)
* John Conyers (MI-14, Detroit) - Chairman, House Judiciary Committee
* Keith Ellison (MN-5, Minneapolis)
* Bennie Thompson (MS-2, Bolton) - Chairman, House Homeland Security Committee
* William Lacy Clay, Jr. (MO-1, St. Louis)
* Emanuel Cleaver (MO-5, Kansas City)
 New Jersey
* Frank Pallone (NJ-06)
* Donald Payne (NJ-10, Newark)
 New Mexico
* Ben R. Luján (NM-3, Santa Fe)
 New York
* Jerry Nadler (NY-8, Manhattan)
* Yvette Clarke (NY-11, Brooklyn)
* Nydia Velazquez (NY-12, Brooklyn) - Chairwoman, House Small Business Committee
* Carolyn Maloney (NY-14, Manhattan)
* Charles Rangel (NY-15, Harlem) - Chairman, House Ways and Means Committee
* Jose Serrano (NY-16, Bronx)
* John Hall (NY-19, Dover Plains)
* Maurice Hinchey (NY-22, Saugerties)
* Louise Slaughter (NY-28, Rochester) - Chairwoman, House Rules Committee
* Eric Massa (NY-29, Corning)
 North Carolina
* Mel Watt (NC-12, Charlotte)
* Marcy Kaptur (OH-9, Toledo)
* Dennis Kucinich (OH-10, Cleveland)
* Marcia Fudge (OH-11, Warrensville Heights)
* Earl Blumenauer (OR-3, Portland)
* Peter DeFazio (OR-4, Eugene)
* Bob Brady (PA-1, Philadelphia) - Chairman, House Administration Committee
* Chaka Fattah (PA-2, Philadelphia)
* Steve Cohen (TN-9, Memphis)
* Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX-18, Houston)
* Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30, Dallas)
* Jim Moran (VA-8, Alexandria)
* Peter Welch (VT-At Large)
* Jim McDermott (WA-7, Seattle)
* Tammy Baldwin (WI-2, Madison)
* Gwen Moore (WI-4, Milwaukee)
* Donna M. Christensen (Virgin Islands)
* Eleanor Holmes Norton (District of Columbia)
 Senate member
* Bernie Sanders (Vermont)
 Former members
* Sherrod Brown (OH-13) - Elected to Senate
* Julia Carson (IN-07) - Died in December 2007
* Lane Evans (IL-17) - Retired from Congress
* Cynthia McKinney (GA-4) - Lost Congressional seat to current caucus member Hank Johnson
* Major Owens (NY-11) - Retired from Congress
* Nancy Pelosi (CA-8) - Left Caucus when Elected House Minority Leader
* Hilda Solis (CA-32) - Became Secretary of Labor in 2009
* Stephanie Tubbs Jones (OH-11) - Died in 2008
* Tom Udall (NM Senate)
* Paul Wellstone (MN Senate) - Died in plane crash in 2002
The Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) was established in 1991 by five members of the United States House of Representatives: Representatives Ron Dellums (D-CA), Lane Evans (D-IL), Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Maxine Waters (D-CA), and Bernie Sanders (I-VT). Then-Representative Bernie Sanders was the convener and first. The founding members were concerned about the economic hardship imposed by the deepening recession, the growing inequality brought about by the timidity of the Democratic Party response at the time.
Additional House representatives joined soon, including Major Owens (D-NY), Nydia Velazquez (D-NY), David Bonior (D-MI), Bob Filner (D-CA), Barney Frank (D-MA), Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), Jim McDermott (D-WA), Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Patsy Mink (D-HI), George Miller (D-CA), Pete Stark (D-CA), John Olver (D-MA), Lynn Woolsey (D-CA), and Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).
I still cant believe this pos won here in Ohio.
Yea, we can all thank the RINO Governor Taft for handing the state to the rats.
Regarding Mr. I need a comb Brown, I have called the commie rat bastards office several times in the last couple of months. It is a waste of time but at least I have fun with it. I ask the little starry eyed ads on the other end how does it feel to work for a communist. When they don't seem to understand I give them the definition of communist and ask them if the definition resembles their boss.
Last time I called to congratulate him on being nominated the biggest communist in the Senate.
I promise when he gets ready to run for 2012 I will give ever last dollar I have to votes his sorry ass out. I am even thinking that if the health care passes I may pay for some billboards to remind folks what a POS he is.
But Sherrod Brown wants heath care to be “free”. Can’t you see that he’s doing it for the people? The only thing is he has to make the doctors, nurses , med techs, insurance companies, PA’s, NP’s,and businesses work for “free”.
Meanwhile, my girlfriend’s mom is still fuming about Scott “selling out”.
The only thing that Government Healthcare is free of is responsibility.
But we’ll still be responsible for paying taxes. And our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren will still be responsible for the national debt
The things that are wrong with the Republican Party could fill an entire page of this thread. But in American politics, we're forced to choose the lesser of two evils. It's a "winner takes all" system.
For this reason, reforming the Republican Party into a lean, mean, deficit-destroying, budget-balancing machine is a lot smarter than trying to start a new party.
Tea Partiers, take note.
No need to be jumping ugly, gal.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.