Skip to comments.LIVE HEALTH CARE THREAD ~ SATURDAY & SUNDAY
Posted on 03/20/2010 7:07:53 AM PDT by SE MomEdited on 03/21/2010 5:00:38 AM PDT by Admin Moderator. [history]
10 AM Rules Committee meeting (C-span2 LIVE all day)
11 AM Stupak press conference
12 PM Demonstration at the Capitol
3 PM Obama meets with the Democratic caucus
2 p.m.: The House will debate for one hour the rules of debate for the reconciliation bill and the Senate bill.
3 p.m.: The House will vote to end debate and vote on the rules of the debate.
3:15 p.m.: The House will debate the reconciliation package for two hours.
5:15 p.m.: The House will vote on the reconciliation package.
5:30 p.m.: The House will debate for 15 minutes on a Republican substitute and then vote on the substitute.
6 p.m.: The House will vote on the final reconciliation package.
6:15 p.m.: If the reconciliation bill passes, the House will immediately vote on the Senate bill, without debate.
Yes, truly evil and Stupak will be defeated, whether he cares... I don’t know.
They GOP is going to propose to send Senate bill that just won back to committee, effectively killing the Senate bill, with instructions to incorporate the Stupak language. Here is is a way to embarass the Stupak group into formalls voting NO and showing they support tax payer abortions.
Can't tell know how many extra they could have gotten. Because Stupak and a few of his gang came on board, Pelosi might have released others who would have voted yes if needed, to vote no.
Crying! God save us!
back to CSPAN hell no to Whoraldo.
I’m crying so hard I can’t even type. I’m not turning on Fox for at least a week or two.
There's no difference now. Democrats are traitors and should be treated as such. They've crossed the line and it is a sore, sore day for all of us.
I think I’ll have a beer and offer a toast to our LATE Republic. It’s been a great ride.
I ain’t quittin!
We have only just begun to fight! They’re not taking my country away without taking me with it.
Hear, hear, hear! And HEAR!
That great Patrick Henry quote will be our motto for the coming SOCIALIST SMACKDOWN.
Here’s what’s next:
1) We point to 2010 and 2012, and in the meantime tie the crap sandwich up in the courts and postpone any tax collections on it until such a time as it is ruled constitutional (or forever if it is ruled unconstitutional.)
2) If they still try to collect taxes we should institute an immediate and graduated taxpayer revolt. Lift the number of your dependents so that the least amount of taxes are with-held. Some people may consider with-holding their quarterly payments (independent business people). We institute immediately a HUGE legal defense fund to immediately and aggressively defend any legal actions against anyone involved in the taxpayer revolt - under the premise of the HCR Socialism Care Constitionality question.
3) Continue to legislatively deny funding to the Socialist monster = Fed. Government. Republicans should threaten and actually bring Government to a grinding halt (other than our military, prisons, police and fire.)
4) Continue the 2010 brow beating in 2012. Elect a Freedom loving, socialist hating president - to continue cleaning up the mess of the socialist RATS.
5) Implement zero deficit based budgeting - continue to clean up all of the entitlement debt liabilities and clarify what we can and cant expect out of these legacy entitlement programs. Begin the tough work of ramping them back to a reality basis - or eliminating many of the 2,000 fed entitlements.
FYI, the book is very good. He self edited, and doesn’t leave anything out.
Watching Tom Delay, I’m numb with what has happened. Delay says he’s sick to his stomach.
Geraldo is an ass as usual.
Thank God for the governors.
This will not stand. Not on my watch.
Me too. I promise you.
We have just begun to fight. Keep the faith.
NO!!! some of the democrats were given a pass.
now that it is done i am listening to “I wanna be sedated” by the Ramones.
Damn right! Like Boehner said, this is America! These insects got their foot in the door and think they own the house but they're wrong. This will not stand!
Onyx- I’m just afraid. Even if we vote them out, it may be too late to go back!
Geraldo needs to have his nose broken again!!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.