Skip to comments.LIVE HEALTH CARE THREAD ~ SATURDAY & SUNDAY
Posted on 03/20/2010 7:07:53 AM PDT by SE MomEdited on 03/21/2010 5:00:38 AM PDT by Admin Moderator. [history]
10 AM Rules Committee meeting (C-span2 LIVE all day)
11 AM Stupak press conference
12 PM Demonstration at the Capitol
3 PM Obama meets with the Democratic caucus
2 p.m.: The House will debate for one hour the rules of debate for the reconciliation bill and the Senate bill.
3 p.m.: The House will vote to end debate and vote on the rules of the debate.
3:15 p.m.: The House will debate the reconciliation package for two hours.
5:15 p.m.: The House will vote on the reconciliation package.
5:30 p.m.: The House will debate for 15 minutes on a Republican substitute and then vote on the substitute.
6 p.m.: The House will vote on the final reconciliation package.
6:15 p.m.: If the reconciliation bill passes, the House will immediately vote on the Senate bill, without debate.
Regardless we have a problem that John McCain got to be the nominee and he should have been taken out in the first debates of the primaries. If there was that much crossover then we have no chance at ever getting a good candidate elected. We have got to close the primaries if there is that much cross over going on. Not saying there was not any cross over I know there was a good bit. But he should not have be able to advance as much as he did because his own record and McCain/Feingold bill plus his relationship with Tides Foundation should have been enough to keep him out of the running. Our leadership failed us and we failed to make sure our party and party leaders were adhering to the fundamental principles of conservatism.
Same Same here. Massachusetts was the test case for this type of health care and they are going broke and it is not working. Without the big federal stimulus money for Medicaid and medicare this thing would be a huge bust now. When the stimulus runs out there will be no more money for it and then it will be rationing of health care just what the rest of America has in store for us if we can’t get this universal nightmare repealed somehow.
Needs to be repeated: the stimulus money is what's really keeping Romneycare afloat for the time being.
Buried deep in this bill is Section 1102, Reinsurance for Early Retirees. It is an enormous BAILOUT for public-sector union retiree HC benefits.
These protectionist unions will get an obscene payback for support of Obama & co in ‘08. This is one of the main reasons the Dems and their “sponsors” want this bill passed - NOW. This bailout to state & local organized labor is massive & continuing pork at its worst.
Why not rename the bill “Republicans & Independents (non-union) PAY FOR Democrats (union) Lifestyles Resolution.”
Taxpayers are just gonna to get screwed bloody for YEARS.
If the Fed-rats want to bailout their greedy state & local union masters, why not just DO it? Why systematically dismantle and destroy our great healthcare sector, in the process? WHY?????
I think the idea all along was and still is to take down the country piece by piece as fast as possible. Look at what he does not says,its all makes sense.
Section 1102, thanks for the info.
I’m putting this over on the Rush thread..
Yes it does. I expected the GOP leadership to hammer this home like we did in 90âs with Hillarycare. We dissected that bill and were able to point out step by step what was in it and how adversely it would affect our healthcare system. Sadly why the GOP was not out on front on this is a mystery to me.
We can talk about Nov and even ‘12 all we want, but we had better do everything possible to help get this atrocity outlawed by the SCOTUS, and we cannot let up on the enemies of our free country—or we really will lose it. One Congressman that I know of (Neugebarger) wants it REPEALED. The AGs of VIRGINIA and 13 other states are taking it to Fed Court. AFAI can see, it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL; it is ILLEGAL in the way it was voted on and passed, the latter is a matter for Congress to change or repeal? Any way, it has to be fllushed down the john in DC and the Fuhrer with it or we will not survive and our children will live in slavery.
Rush is worrying that there may be NO more elections -
Tax Day TEA Party DC
1. The word of the LORD came to me:Every Christian who has read the Holy Scriptures of the Lord knows the End Times are coming. We just don't know WHEN. Even Jesus Christ did not know "when," but only His Father knew.
2. "Son of man, speak to your countrymen and say to them: 'When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman,
3. and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people,
4. then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not take warning and the sword comes and takes his life, his blood will be on his own head.
5. Since he heard the sound of the trumpet but did not take warning, his blood will be on his own head. If he had taken warning, he would have saved himself.
6. But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.'
7. "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.
8. When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.
9. But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.
10. "Son of man, say to the house of Israel, 'This is what you are saying: "Our offenses and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of them. How then can we live?"
11. Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'
12. "Therefore, son of man, say to your countrymen, 'The righteousness of the righteous man will not save him when he disobeys, and the wickedness of the wicked man will not cause him to fall when he turns from it. The righteous man, if he sins, will not be allowed to live because of his former righteousness.'
13. If I tell the righteous man that he will surely live, but then he trusts in his righteousness and does evil, none of the righteous things he has done will be remembered; he will die for the evil he has done.
14. And if I say to the wicked man, 'You will surely die,' but he then turns away from his sin and does what is just and right--
15. if he gives back what he took in pledge for a loan, returns what he has stolen, follows the decrees that give life, and does no evil, he will surely live; he will not die.
16. None of the sins he has committed will be remembered against him. He has done what is just and right; he will surely live.
17. "Yet your countrymen say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' But it is their way that is not just.
18. If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, he will die for it.
19. And if a wicked man turns away from his wickedness and does what is just and right, he will live by doing so.
20. Yet, O house of Israel, you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' But I will judge each of you according to his own ways."
That being the case, it seems to me more important for Christian souls to constantly prepare for whatever is to be, whenever it happens, than to dwell on the sufferings that will beset humankind and the entire creation at the end of days. It seems to me far better to strengthen our faith in God; extend charity even to those who wish us ill; and above all, to love God with our whole heart and soul and mind and strength.
Which basically explains why I tend to stand back from discussions about the End Times, and the various speculations regarding the renewal of divine creation to be accomplished thereby. I just leave all of that up to God: I put my full trust in the Lord.
I am His humble servant.
God's Name is I AM.
Quite a reasonable perspective.
However, I believe you distorted the bit about Christ and the End Times.
He asserted that only THE FATHER KNEW THE
DAY AND THE HOUR OF HIS COMING.
His narrative could be taken that He wants us to be watchful and prepared and even to be aware of the year or season.
I certainly believe He has an understanding of when the END TIMES ARE . . . He has certainly appeared to a number of folks and asserted that these are the END TIMES.
Thanks for your kind post and the Scriptures involved.
>>Those benefits include my free YMCA membership
You’re in Oregon man. That’s God’s YMCA. Get out there and use it.. AND RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THE LIGHT.
Hang in there FRiend.
Well...Judas hung himself. Im not saying thats what Stupak should do, but he certainly did foul this one up.
I'll say it.
You don't know how to read in context, do you? Or is context too big of word for you - it's not real touchy-feely...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.