Skip to comments.Establishing a Ready Reserve Corp
Posted on 03/24/2010 8:39:48 AM PDT by Whenifhow
click here to read article
At the very least, he got 16,000 more IRS agents. Lovely. That’s JUST what this country needs — more IRS goons.
Wait wait wait! A “Ready Reserve Corp?” In the ObamaCare legislation? Is there ar direct link we can post? I’d like to read it, but I don’t know where/how to find it...
Duh — figured it out! Duh. Reading it now.
start on page 1312
SEC. 430. ESTABLISHING A READY RESERVE CORPS.
Section 203 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 204) is amended to read as follows:
SEC. 203. COMMISSIONED CORPS AND READY RESERVE CORPS.
(1) IN GENERAL.There shall be in the Service a commissioned Regular Corps and a Ready Reserve Corps for service in time of national emergency.
(2) REQUIREMENT.All commissioned officers shall be citizens of the United States and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws and compensated without regard to the Classification Act of 1923, as amended.
(3) APPOINTMENT.Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President and commissioned officers of the Regular Corps shall be appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(4) ACTIVE DUTY.Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall at all times be subject to call to active duty by the Surgeon General, including active duty for the purpose of training.
(5) WARRANT OFFICERS.Warrant officers may be appointed to the Service for the purpose of providing support to the health and delivery systems maintained by the Service and any warrant officer appointed to the Service shall be considered for purposes of this Act and title 37, United States Code, to be a commissioned officer within the Commissioned Corps of the Service.
(b) ASSIMILATING RESERVE CORP OFFICERS INTO THE REGULAR CORPS.Effective on the date of enactment of the Affordable Health Choices Act, all individuals classified as officers in the Reserve Corps under this section (as such section existed on the day before the date of enactment of such Act) and serving on active duty shall be deemed to be commissioned officers of the Regular Corps.
(c) PURPOSE AND USE OF READY RESERVE.
(1) PURPOSE.The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps is to fulfill the need to have additional Commissioned Corps personnel available on short notice (similar to the uniformed services reserve program) to assist regular Commissioned Corps personnel to meet both routine public health and emergency response missions.
(2) USES.The Ready Reserve Corps shall
(A) participate in routine training to meet the general and specific needs of the Commissioned Corps;
(B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to active duty during national emergencies and public health crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel;
(C) be available for backfilling critical positions left vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and
(D) be available for service assignment in isolated, hardship, and medically underserved communities (as defined in section 399SS) to improve access to health services.
(d) FUNDING.For the purpose of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps under this section, there are authorized to be appropriated such sums as may be necessary to the Office of the Surgeon General for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014. Funds appropriated under this subsection shall be used for recruitment and training of Commissioned Corps Officers.
Section 5210 on page 1,312.
Does this look to you like they’re ready to reinstate the draft?
Looks to me that doctors that won’t work with or under Obamacare will just get drafted!
I am forwarding the whole bill to everyone I know and asking them what this has to do with healthcare. God help us.
The “ObamaCorp”...I feel much better now.
Obama’s “Civilian Security Force” that he called for.
I wonder what else is stuck in there to take over the United States. This upsets me so much...ugh! This smacks of a dictatorship more and more every day.
3 (d) FUNDING.For the purpose of carrying out the 4 duties and responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps 5 under this section, there are authorized to be appropriated 6 $5,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014 for 7 recruitment and training and $12,500,000 for each of fiscal 8 years 2010 through 2014 for the Ready Reserve Corps
Where is the battle cry of the same people who fought the ‘draft’ back in the 60s? I just can’t believe this is the United States anymore.
Crips and Bloods with badges
Somebody send this to Rush . . and to Beck! My God!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.