Skip to comments.Health bill Creates a Ready Reserve Health Police
Posted on 03/25/2010 8:09:19 AM PDT by o_zarkman44
SEC. 430. ESTABLISHING A READY RESERVE CORPS.
Section 203 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 204) is amended to read as follows:
SEC. 203. COMMISSIONED CORPS AND READY RESERVE CORPS.
(1) IN GENERAL.There shall be in the Service a commissioned Regular Corps and a Ready Reserve Corps for service in time of national emergency.
(2) REQUIREMENT.All commissioned officers shall be citizens of the United States and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws and compensated without regard to the Classification Act of 1923, as amended.
(3) APPOINTMENT.Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President and commissioned officers of the Regular Corps shall be appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(4) ACTIVE DUTY.Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall at all times be subject to call to active duty by the Surgeon General, including active duty for the purpose of training.
(5) WARRANT OFFICERS.Warrant officers may be appointed to the Service for the purpose of providing support to the health and delivery systems maintained by the Service and any warrant officer appointed to the Service shall be considered for purposes of this Act and title 37, United States Code, to be a commissioned officer within the Commissioned Corps of the Service.
(b) ASSIMILATING RESERVE CORP OFFICERS INTO THE REGULAR CORPS.Effective on the date of enactment of the Affordable Health Choices Act, all individuals classified as officers in the Reserve Corps under this section (as such section existed on the day before the date of enactment of such Act) and serving on active duty shall be deemed to be commissioned officers of the Regular Corps.
(c) PURPOSE AND USE OF READY RESERVE.
(1) PURPOSE.The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps is to fulfill the need to have additional Commissioned Corps personnel available on short notice (similar to the uniformed services reserve program) to assist regular Commissioned Corps personnel to meet both routine public health and emergency response missions.
(2) USES.The Ready Reserve Corps shall
(A) participate in routine training to meet the general and specific needs of the Commissioned Corps;
(B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to active duty during national emergencies and public health crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel;
(C) be available for backfilling critical positions left vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and
(D) be available for service assignment in isolated, hardship, and medically underserved communities (as defined in section 399SS) to improve access to health services.
(d) FUNDING.For the purpose of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps under this section, there are authorized to be appropriated such sums as may be necessary to the Office of the Surgeon General for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014. Funds appropriated under this subsection shall be used for recruitment and training of Commissioned Corps Officers.
They passed this load of crap and Nancy says we will like it!!!
I like it like a swarm of Lyme infected ticks crawling on my body. Nazi Pelousey, you are relieved from duty. You are a lying traitor.
Will their shirts be brown?
Brown is so in today!
Where can I get a full copy of the text of the bill? I’d like to find what I can on Congress excluding themselves from the requirements.
without regard to the laws of the land...
This sounds unconstitutional.
Only States and individuals can start or be members of a militia.
Since when can a President start HIS own militia? What about FEMA. Does this mean FEMA is to be disbanded?
The USPHS has always had a Regular and Reserve officer corps.
Wow. Just wow.
I may very be one of the first persons busted for possession of an illegal Twinkie.
Does this mean ...what I think it means? Uh? What?
WELL, WE ALL KNOW THAT ACORN JUST CLOSED THEIR DOORS!!!
I GUESS THIS CREATES A NEW JOB FOR THEM!!!!
I hope that the GOP takes over COngress in November and cuts out funding for this thing, while it is fought in the courts AND later revoked.
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I wonder HOW MANY MORE landmines are lurking in that monster bill??
Dr. Josef Mengele would be jealous!
What is the Commissioned Corps?
Hmmmm. I downloaded the whole darn thing as a PDF from the site yesterday,,,
Let’s all sign up. It will be much easier to take the country back if we do it from within. Just thinking out loud
May I suggest going to the office supply first because you will need 2700 pages to print.
without regard to the laws of the land...
If they don’t enforce this any better than they enforce our immigration laws, we are all home free!!!!
Amazing isn’t it, they can’t afford to secure our borders, but we can afford this nonsense...dangerous nonsense.
stopping on the way home tonite to buy more ammo...looks like we are going to need it....