A republic, if you can keep it was said to be uttered by Benjamin Franklin once the Constitution was framed.
As they met in 1787, Americans involved in shaping the new government were very familiar with tyranny, and phrases like consent of the governed were on their lips and on their minds. Madison and Adams and others crafted the Constitution with great care, in its effort to safe-guard America from having its new government fall into the hands of those who would reign rather than govern.
It lasted for 222 years before finally being overtaken. It took an 80-year sustained assault by a committed and evil faction who does not hold freedom, or America, dear. The culmination is this, this despicable Obama Regime, buoyed up by the Democrat Party, voted to 60% majority in the House, a 57% majority in the Senate and a largely complicit federal system and a near-complete 5th column in the American press.
All is not lost, because America has been re-awakened. This is a people who knows its history and its legacy, and we simply will not be led by the judas goat to our own ruin. Not this year.
Let us review what has become of our government. Not so much with respect to laws and policies, but in terms of the very nature, the attitude, the WAY in which they rule and I do say rule, because they do not govern. A comprehensive list would take up volumes, but lets focus on the way they have cheated and the way theyve used the power of government to thwart justice and deny consent of the governed.
Since they have taken power, these acts demonstrate the evil heart of the Obama Regime:
- They chose as the Attorney General, the chief law enforcement officer of the nation, a crook shyster, and racist in Eric Holder. His ignomious acts prior to this administration include brokering the purchase of Marc Richs pardon. His acts in office include canceling the civil rights case against the American Black Panthers who brandished weapons in front of an election polling place.
- They selected at least 3 dozen czars (what an interesting term) to act as cabinet members but denying the Senate the Constitutionally mandated opportunity to confirm their appointments.
- The Minnesota Senate seat was flat stolen, pure and simple. Specter switched parties. The 60-seat Senate filibuster-proof majority was not elected that way by Americans.
- By executive order Obama has given unfair advantage to unions in government projects. He used a recess appointment select a member of the NRLB who is such a vile bottom-feeder that Obama dared not send him to the Senate (59-41 majority) for confirmation. He is steadily putting pieces in place to do unspeakable harm to free markets and business freedom.
- Multiple times the Democrats in Congress have rammed through multi-thousand page bills that were written behind closed doors, away from both America and the opposition party. They were voted on without being examined. The American press, instead of acting as a watchdog, led the cheers. Time has revealed, as one might expect, untold thousands of clauses and measures that most Americans would not want to be law.
- Health-care deform was passed by naked, open bribery of Senators and Congressmen, and against the obvious, loudly expressed will of America.
- As the odious cap-and-trade bill (should be called massive intrusive energy tax) was jammed through the House but stalled in the Senate, the EPA under the direction of Lisa Jackson, has declared in so many words that they would by policy enact the green agenda with or without congressional approval.
- The government took over GM and Chrysler under the thin guise of bailing them out. In doing so they broke numerous laws in shoving legitimate debt-holders aside and giving sweetheart deals to the unions that had brought much of the ruin on them in the first place. The media have never even batted an eyelash.
- The government de facto takeover of the banking industry is filled with tales of coercion, threats, and blackmail. Considering the whole banking crisis was caused by Democrat-run
slush fundslenders Fannie and Freddie, that is just galling.
- This winter the government opened a war on Americas and the worlds #1 automaker Toyota, purely to drive down market share to benefit their zombie car companies and pipe more money directly into the UAW.
- The war on Toyota failed, as Toyota had banner sales that quarter. They did it by working extremely hard, offering incentives, and by enacting a heart-rending marketing campaign of apology and pledges to do better. Oh, and by the way, it sure helped that everybody knows Toyota cars are FAR better than the crap being built by the UAW. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, 4 days after the quarterly numbers came out, fined Toyota $16.4, the maximum allowable, for Toyotas supposed dragging of feet in reporting issues with unintended acceleration.
- Speaking of that idiot LaHood, last week he announced that the airlines charging fees for baggage was no good and he intended to put a stop to it. Its not enough that the airlines are being regulated out of existence, their efforts to just FIND A WAY are now going to be illegal too.
- Media and Obama continue to demonize and mischaracterize American opposition to their rule-by-thuggery. Were called violent, when actually THEY are the violent ones.
The examples go on and on and on, too numerous to mention.
But in the end, its like Bambi himself said last week in mocking the tea party rallies April 15. We should be thanking him.
So ..thanks, Bambi (as I grab my crotch).
You played your hand too heavy. It is still a republic, and were gonna take it back.