Skip to comments.Rev. Peterson: 'Michael Steele is a RINO'
Posted on 04/23/2010 10:04:47 AM PDT by abigail2
Rev. Peterson: 'Michael Steele is a RINO'
Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, Founder and President of BOND Action, blasted RNC Chairman Michael Steele for his latest remarks that blacks don't have a reason to vote Republican. Steele also told 200 DePaul University students listening to his address on Tuesday that the Republicans walked away from blacks and that their strategy over the last 40 years to attract Southern white males has alienated minorities.
"Michael Steele is a RINO (Republican In Name Only) -- he's dividing the party and hurting recruitment efforts," said Rev. Peterson. "Since January I have called for the GOP to fire Steele because he cannot be trusted to lead the party to victory. I'm hoping that party leaders will finally get over their fear of being called racists and dump him before it's too late."
Rev. Peterson proposed these simple questions for Michael Steele:
1. As Chairman of the RNC, why would you say that black Americans have no reason to vote for Republicans?
2. What reason are you offering minority voters to attract them to the Republican Party?
3. You said that the Republican Party walked away from black voters. How so, Mr. Steele?
4. You claim that Republicans have mistreated the NAACP. Please explain this statement.
5. You stated that for the last 40 years Republicans had a "Southern Strategy" that focused on getting the white male vote and alienated minority voters. Are you saying that Republicans have had a racist strategy?
6. Finally, tell us why you think you and President Barack Obama have a "slimmer margin" of error because of your race.
Rev. Peterson added, "Steele is like an albatross around the neck of the party -- and Republicans will not succeed with him in charge."
For interview requests call Ermias Alemayehu at (323) 556-2623 or (213) 804-1872. Rev. Peterson is currently on the "Stop Obama's Socialist Change" Speaking Tour. To book Rev. Peterson to speak call Sherrie Johnson at (323) 556-2623.
BOND Action is a 501 (c) (4) cultural action organization, which exists to educate, motivate and rally Americans to greater involvement in the moral, cultural and political issues that threaten our great country. Contributions to BOND Action are NOT tax-deductible, but are confidential. For more information call 1-(877) WE-ACT-77 (932-2877) or visit www.bondaction.org
I disagree, I’m sticking with the GOP who brought an end to slavery and who have been infiltrated. I can see the next election now...GOP, conservative party, libertarians, independent party...vs Democrats. No we have to clean out the republican party and make it worth joining, or at least offer conservative fiscally responsible candidates others can get behind.
Actually, you make sense. sigh
LOL thats right
Good afternoon blackie. Kick em out~
Good afternoon Abigail!
Well duh...... I don’t think he’s a RINO, I think he’s a Trojan horse and a liberal.
Thanks alot, but I actually think the real villan here is GOP for not getting rid of him a long time ago. Geesh! That is why I am so concerned...where are their guts?
I think so too