Skip to comments.Mexican Immigration Law
Posted on 04/30/2010 6:46:43 PM PDT by TCH
Think Arizonas Immigration law is Too harsh? Dont like ARIZONAS new immigration law? Fine. Well adopt Mexicos immigration policies instead, OK? Lets take a look at Mexicos immigration policy. For instance, did you know that:
* Mexico deports more illegal aliens that the U.S. annually
* Under Mexican law, it is a felony to be an illegal alien in Mexico
Or that immigrants must
* Have the means to sustain themselves economically; * Not be burdens on society; * Be of economic and social benefit to society; * Be of good character and have no criminal records; and * Contribute to the general well being of the nation.
Mexicos immigration policies also ensure that
* Authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
* Foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;
* Foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the countrys internal politics;
* Foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
* Foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;
* Those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.
Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:
* Foreigners are admitted into Mexico according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress. (Article 32)
* Immigration officials must ensure that immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance and for their dependents. (Article 34)
* Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets the equilibrium of the national demographics, when foreigners are deemed detrimental to economic or national interests, when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy. (Article 37)
* The Secretary of Governance may suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest. (Article 38)
* Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country
* Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
* A National Population Registry keeps track of every single individual who comprises the population of the country, and verifies each individuals identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
* A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91)
* Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:
* Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
* Foreigners who sign government documents with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)
* Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons
* Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
* Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
* Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico such as working with out a permit can also be imprisoned.
* Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says:
* A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally. (Article 123)
* Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
* Foreigners who attempt against national sovereignty or security will be deported. (Article 126)
* Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law.
* A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
* Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)
Mexico reprimands the United States for our treatment of illegal aliens?
Copy this and send it to your Congressman, your Senators and your friends who think things like national sovereignty, secure borders, and protecting the lives and property of Americans is not the right thing to do in these politically correct, multicultural times.
Courtesy J. Michael Waller, v.p. Information Operations at the Center for Security Policy.
A lot of countries have immigration laws that are far more strict than ours.
They don’t have “civil rights” and “human rights” in Mexico.
No kidding. Every damn state needs to adopt a “Treat Illegals by Mexican Immigration Laws” law.
Then how would they beable to bitch at us? We’re doing exactly what they do.
Try to buy property in Mexico if you aren’t a citizen. Not so much.
That would make a great tagline.
It’s yours for the taking :)
The charges being leveled against Arizona’s immigration law are false. Arizona’s law follows specifically the federal law of the entire country and is neither no more or less than the federal law. The difference is the Arizona law will be enforced whereas the federal law is not beinf enforced at all therefore it is up to each state to determine its own laws regarding illegal immigrants and make no mistake we are talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, NOT IMMIGRANTS. THE WORD ILLEGAL IS SPECIFICALLY IMPORTANT IN THIS REGARD.
You gotta love liberal assholes.
They play the race card and call everybody who does not agree with them a racist.
Which only had cheapened the word and any stock in it.
Liberals are the true racists precisely because they always USE THE RACE CARD BECAUSE OTHER THAN OUTRIGHT LYING IT IS THE ONLY OTHER THING THEY CAN USE TO ADVANCE THEMSELVES AND THEIR COMMIE CAUSES.
I recall seeing some articles on the growth of illegal immigrants from Asia on FR, but I cannot find them via the search function. I wish to use the information in a debate.
The Arizona immigration law is being completely mischaracterized by the liberals and the leftist commie basturds.
That is an understatement.
“Or that immigrants must
* Have the means to sustain themselves economically; * Not be burdens on society; * Be of economic and social benefit to society; * Be of good character and have no criminal records; and * Contribute to the general well being of the nation. “
Wow, the nerve of those people! /sarc>
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.