Skip to comments.Senate Passes Massive Financial Regulation Bill
Posted on 05/21/2010 9:15:26 AM PDT by day21221
Senate Passes Massive Financial Regulation Bill In its broad sweep, the massive bill would touch Wall Street CEOs and first-time homebuyers, high-flying traders and small town lenders.
WASHINGTON -- Prodded by national anger at Wall Street, the Senate on Thursday passed the most far-reaching restraints on big banks since the Great Depression.
In its broad sweep, the massive bill would touch Wall Street CEOs and first-time homebuyers, high-flying traders and small town lenders. The 59-39 vote represents an important achievement for President Barack Obama, and comes just two months after his health care overhaul became law.
The bill must now be reconciled with a House version that passed in December. A key House negotiator predicted the legislation would reach Obama's desk before the Fourth of July.
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
Four Republicans -- Sens. Charles Grassley of Iowa, Scott Brown of Massachusetts, and Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine -- broke ranks with their party to support it.
Hannity, Morris Agree with Conspiracy People About New world government
Sorry think I will worry about firing Progressive Democrat Senators 1st.
BTW 2 days in a row, 2 days trashing the GOP for not being 100% pure. Just who do you work for Newbie?
Collins vote with the Democrats 65% of the time,why do the gop let this happen?
Collins, Susan M. - (R - ME) Class II
413 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
Web Form: collins.senate.gov/public/continue.cfm?FuseAction=Contact...
Is this the “Anti-Dog-Eat-Dog” rule?
Fascism is here.
These four are actually part of the communists Party (formally the Democratic Party). Sorry, but truth is truth. Lets face it Brown is a turncoat.
I calls 'em "Habitual Bitchers".
AARP recognizes Senator Collins’ leadership to improve the lives of seniors
I saw someone call them the Whiner Choir, but Habitual Bitchers is better. Thanks for that
Did America get where it is just by one party ?
We knew what we were getting in Brown; the avowed vote against healthcare was enough for me...as for those two crazy bitches - we all know there is no cure for them and the only solution for that is to punish their home state(s) when/if we get back in power. Grassley? Who knows I hope his constituents remember...
“Did America get where it is just by one party ?”
The Libertarian circle jerk clan posted thousands of those “there is no difference” posts here for several years...most of them finally left (thank God) for their own self-righteous web sites....
You will never win anyone with that goofy “no difference” child like approach. And, the standing ovation by the democrats yesterday for the anti-Arizona clap trap from the the Mexican president is a visual reminder that there is, IN FACT, a differenct between the two parties.
Only two Democrats, Sens. Maria Cantwell of Washington and Russ Feingold of Wisconsin, voted against the bill. Feingold said it did not go far enough to rein in Wall Street and end a culture of “too big to fail.”
Feingold HAS to go in November!
People like you spent all 2006 and 2008 running around here screaming “better a Conservative Dem then a RINO”.
Now ever signal one of those “Conservative Dems” voted for the Stimulus, Obamacare and now this bill.
If the GOP still controlled Congress, these monster bills you so object to never even get past committee. Because people like you, so worried about Dogmatic Purity you never found any reason to fight the Leftist on anything, these bills are the primary agenda items of the Democrat dominated Congress.
Being so worried abut 5% of the problem in DC that you have NO time or energy to ever fight the 95% of the problem is childish and asinine
They just had to put their hands into the bee hive
Mainly because people like you spend so much time whining about 5% of the problem in DC the other 95% of the problem in DC gets ignored on election day.
is it too late to take everything north and east of Hartford, Connecticut and give it to the Canadians?
No, and while you’re at it give Kalifornica to the Japanese, they will clean up the immigration problem.