1. She winked at him first time she saw him.
2. Couldn’t wait till he came for her at their designated meeting place after the war.
3. Met a new man on the train and married him.
4. Wanted him to leave his wife and family for her after Hubby #1 died.
5. Refused to correspond after he was faithful to his commitment to his wife.
Sounds like the guy lucked out by not marrying her. He’s lucky he didn’t get killed saving her life. She’d have boo-hoo’d a day or two and taken up with a new guy very shortly.
You know,, it’s tacky to say. But i had similar thoughts. I’ll give her some benefit of the doubt for how she acted in a nazi death camp. Ill even forgive the missed meeting point thing because that was a fact of life in the collapse of WWII Europe.
But the whole “leave your wife and kids” thing,,,, thats a woman he was lucky not to wind up with. She showed no class whatsoever.
“Sounds like the guy lucked out by not marrying her. Hes lucky he didnt get killed saving her life. Shed have boo-hood a day or two and taken up with a new guy very shortly.”
Yeah, I wasn’t impressed with her either.