Just off the top of my head....
Kill the stimulus(es)
Cut the federal budget...DRASTICALLY
Win in Afghanistan (no more fiddle-effing)
Build the double border fence and deport the illegals
Gut the EPA
Cut Cap Gains and ALL business taxes
Gut Fannie and Freddie
posted on 09/18/2010 3:45:09 PM PDT
(THE Conservative party: www.falconparty.com)
Why can’t we also expect Speaker Boehner to at least initiate impeachment proceedings in the House?
Something that gets lost in all the tax talk is the fact that overegulation and overunionization are harming business just as much as high taxes, probably more so.
posted on 09/18/2010 3:49:42 PM PDT
(Remember the River Raisin! (look it up))
...and undo that “Chicken of the Sea” Executive Order Zero just passed that includes the Great Lakes.
Without 60 votes in the Senate they can only negotiate around the edges. Shutting down the government is about the best that can happen. It will take big changes in 2012 the really make changes. I do think that a big enough victory in November might scare the crap out of both sides enough to repeal most of Obamacare.
They can certainly make life miserable for the Democrats and Obama.
posted on 09/18/2010 3:56:55 PM PDT
And let me add;
SAVE MONEY EVERYWHERE! No more zootie-washin’ aid to Africa! No new paper money! Well,,,, you get my drift. These butt heads are spending our tax money on totally unnecessary things. I’ve had to tighten my belt, make them tighten up their ridiculous spending sprees.
SAVE MONEY EVERYWHERE THAT IT CAN BE SAVED INSTEAD OF SQUANDERING IT!!
I had an extremely brief interest in Perot, because I pictured him running around the Oval Orifice squeaking;
“Veto! Veto! We can’t afford this! Veto! Veto!”
Then I came to my senses. But we’re freakin’ broke! We need to stop all this crazy spending!
Arrgh! I need a break!
Kill ObamaCare Kill the stimulus(es) Cut the federal budget...DRASTICALLY Win in Afghanistan (no more fiddle-effing) Build the double border fence and deport the illegals Gut the EPA Cut Cap Gains and ALL business taxes Gut Fannie and Freddie
You're reading my mind.
DeMint is right. So many of the core are ready to go third-party. The "tea party" is the core trying to take back their party. If they fail, if the party grandees con them yet again, they'll bolt.
The only way to avoid seeing the party collapse is to get the big-government Repubs out, replaced with people who will fight.
But in the end, the GOP is just a vehicle, and its dispensable. The country is a one-off, one-shot deal. We either reclaim it, restore it, rescue it, or face our makers knowing we lost it.
posted on 09/18/2010 4:21:10 PM PDT
I'm with you, and for that matter, here are my thoughts:
1) No fence needed, just close any employers who are found employing illegals.....no work, they all leave.
2) Make drugs legal for anyone older than 18, heroin, cocaine, marijuana, etc. It will quickly act in a darwinian way to rid our society of all those who are pre-disposed to substance abuse. Make it free, and deliver it to where they live.
3) Immediately announce to the Chinese that we are now going to participate in the trade war they've been waging against us for the last 20 years. No more chinese imports, without a 100% tarriff. That will quickly empty all the shelves at our nearest walmart, but oh well, we'll all survive. At least until our own industries gear up and produce those things we need. Free trade only works, if its approached in a fair manner, and one side doesn't manipulate their currency such that they slowly, but surely bleed our industries towards bankruptcy.
4) Begin thorough investigations of all the TARP and stimulus funds, it should be child's play to prosecute thousands of crooked democratic beaurocrats. Should also be fairly easy to snag quite a few union crooks in these investigations.
5) Make it a federal requirement that picture ID is needed to vote. If you show up at the polls without an ID, we will allow you to vote but your identity will be checked, and you will be photographed at the polls.
6) Begin immediate hearings, and investigations into the people and organizations that have been overtly subverting our constitution.
7) Require any colleges that receive federal funding to have a diversity of staff, particularly in political perspectives. No more entirely far-left staffs at colleges that are paid for with my tax dollars.
8) Send a map to Iran, with circles drawn on their cities, with dates on each city. Tell them they will end their nuclear program, or on each date on the map, that city will dissappear. It will give them time to evacuate each city, and they can deal with the refugees. This will continue, until they renounce nuclear research and development, or their country, will cease to exist. I have many more, but this should be a good start.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson