Skip to comments.The demand is so strong, you can't get tickets to the Steele / Dingell debate
Posted on 10/18/2010 7:27:40 PM PDT by taildragger
I enquired about getting tickets to the only debate between John Dingell and Dr. Rob Steele.
This is the response I got:
"Due to the huge demand for tickets the campaign has done a lottery to assign tickets. There were upwards of 1400 requests from donors, workers, and friends. Sorry for raising your hopes... There are none to be had. I had no idea of the demand."
For a small auditorium that is a lot of people, the demand outstrips the supply. Something is going on, people are waking up, and want to see this. Maybe it will be history in the making.
Hopefully it will be on You-Tube by Friday...
I think Dingell has probably turned into a doddering, senile old fool like Harry Reid. Dr. Rob Steele will most likely clean his clock.
You got it!!!
At some point a person needs to retire term limits are needed. Look at Strom Thurmond he was born in 1902 I think he was 101 years old when he died and served in the senate from 1954 to Jan 2003 and he died in 2003. Thats crazy he was a Republican.
My editor just gave me permission to attend (gee, really lucky that I'm awake at MIDNIGHT waiting for you to take a decision on something that happens WEDNESDAY) oh, sorry.
This should be good...
Thanks for the inspiration, taildragger!
"The Monroe County ISD and TK Productions will video tape this event. No other cameras or audio recorders will be permitted in the La-Z-Boy Center. Media seeking footage the following day or thereafter must request it from the MCCC Marketing Department."
It’s probably been packed with union activists and progressives from the University of Michigan lead by their progressive professors.
Have any new polls came out since the one showing Dr. Robert Steele up by four points?
None that I am aware of, next post more on the debate.
· The candidates were seated before the curtain opened, note, photos of John Dingell has been seen on crutches a lot as of late.
· Dingell was on the attack quite a bit. He came out with one line about reading the bill and constantly challenging Dr. Steele about what he woudl repeal about the health care bill.
· When a question finally came about health care, Dr. Steele got into his background and what the bill does his employees but at the end, Dr Rob noted that if Rep Dingell had a agreed to more debates they really could have gotten into it.
· Dr Steele's style was measured with pauses to let his thoughts sink in.
· The oddest question was about Cuba. Dingell was in favor of opening up the relationship while the Dr Steele was not and got into why it was a failed socialist state.
It is now on the web and a link is here on a thread on FR...