Skip to comments."Racist" Email Flap Blows Up Virginia Beach GOP
Posted on 10/20/2010 9:50:29 AM PDT by IntolerantOfTreason
click here to read article
And on the local news it was reported that Bartholomew forwarded this e-mail with the joke back in MARCH. Yes, March. So why is this coming to light just now, two weeks before the election? Is this supposed to be the local “October surprise” from the Dems? Just goes to show to what levels the libs will stoop.
Also, read the joke. The truth hurts, doesn’t it?
It's a sure thing the Demonrats will try to associate him with it. His race with Nye looked to be close but winnable since Nye benefitted from the Obama hysteria in 2008 in usually Republican VA.
“For a joke to be funny, it needs an element of truth...just sayin’.”
Bingo. I thought it was pretty tame.
Okay things to consider here:
1) Blue Virginia is run by one of the original “macaca” bloggers. He’s a paid Democratic shill and did this in collusion with the Democratic Party of Virginia (compare the timing of his blog post to the timing of their press release)
2) The email should never have been sent, especially by a party chair and yes, he should have resigned over this.
3) Scott Rigell condemned this immediately.
4) Why wait unto NOW to publish an email that was sent in March?
5) There’s good reason to believe that the independent challenger (who was losing in the GOP primary) in this race leaked the email in an effort to derail Rigell.
6) Rigell still wins by at least 4-6%
I remember the email in question, it came to me last Spring too. I wonder why no one gets all fired up over blond jokes.
News this morning had another interview with the local NAACP president. Not only is the black community against Scott Rigel because of the email from the Republican chairman but theyre against Glenn Nye because hes campaigning as anti-0bama and anti-0bamacare.
Guess they’re not going to vote this time around.
I got it a while back,
and I don’t remember any direct reference to any race, just to democRats. This was “my dog is a democrat”, right?
just a list of the social pathologies of the democrat voter.
My take on it is, if the truth is offensive, attack it instead of changing the reality that the truth is referring to.
I just got this email from a good friend who has the same kind of dog I own. Her dogs are beyond spoiled and pretty much live the life described in the joke.
There is NOTHING racist about this email if it’s the one I got. I’d post it, but don’t want this removed due to hairtrigger nerves.
For ANYONE to equate this cute slap at democrats with an attack on black Americans is ludicrous in the extreme.
I can’t help but think we may be talking about different emails.
No. That's not it.
I've seen the email. I won't post it.
I found the email in question.
Remove one word, “black”, and all it is is a litany and a mockery of your typical democrat dependent voter’s social profligacies.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.