I hope this doesn’t blow up Scott Rigel’s campaign for Congress. He had nothing to do with this gross e-mail, but could still be hurt by it.
Its all Glenn Nye (D) has at this point. Probably won’t be enough to end Scott Rigell’s threat as he had nothing to do with it.
I think people are basically fair and will understand this.
It's a sure thing the Demonrats will try to associate him with it. His race with Nye looked to be close but winnable since Nye benefitted from the Obama hysteria in 2008 in usually Republican VA.
Okay things to consider here:
1) Blue Virginia is run by one of the original “macaca” bloggers. He’s a paid Democratic shill and did this in collusion with the Democratic Party of Virginia (compare the timing of his blog post to the timing of their press release)
2) The email should never have been sent, especially by a party chair and yes, he should have resigned over this.
3) Scott Rigell condemned this immediately.
4) Why wait unto NOW to publish an email that was sent in March?
5) There’s good reason to believe that the independent challenger (who was losing in the GOP primary) in this race leaked the email in an effort to derail Rigell.
6) Rigell still wins by at least 4-6%
News this morning had another interview with the local NAACP president. Not only is the black community against Scott Rigel because of the email from the Republican chairman but theyre against Glenn Nye because hes campaigning as anti-0bama and anti-0bamacare.
Guess they’re not going to vote this time around.