Okay things to consider here:
1) Blue Virginia is run by one of the original “macaca” bloggers. He’s a paid Democratic shill and did this in collusion with the Democratic Party of Virginia (compare the timing of his blog post to the timing of their press release)
2) The email should never have been sent, especially by a party chair and yes, he should have resigned over this.
3) Scott Rigell condemned this immediately.
4) Why wait unto NOW to publish an email that was sent in March?
5) There’s good reason to believe that the independent challenger (who was losing in the GOP primary) in this race leaked the email in an effort to derail Rigell.
6) Rigell still wins by at least 4-6%
I remember the email in question, it came to me last Spring too. I wonder why no one gets all fired up over blond jokes.
I just got this email from a good friend who has the same kind of dog I own. Her dogs are beyond spoiled and pretty much live the life described in the joke.
There is NOTHING racist about this email if it’s the one I got. I’d post it, but don’t want this removed due to hairtrigger nerves.
For ANYONE to equate this cute slap at democrats with an attack on black Americans is ludicrous in the extreme.