Skip to comments.Barney Frank Flounders
Posted on 10/21/2010 3:20:23 AM PDT by Scanian
Congressman Barney Frank is in the fight of his political life. In the latest National Journal Political Insider's Poll, surveying 111 Democrat operatives, over two-thirds of the respondents believed Democrats will lose control of the House of Representatives after the November 2010 election. Underscoring the apprehension held by the polled insiders was their added belief that the losses would extend beyond moderate "Blue Dog" lawmakers to include a number of prominent progressive representatives.
Conventional wisdom had long held the most likely Democrat victims in the House would come from the ranks of these forty or so conservative Blue Dogs. However, 2010 has proven to be a very unconventional political year. Keeping in line with the National Journal poll, political analyst Charlie Cook shows up to eighty congressional Democrat seats in serious play, which adds further proof that a good many progressive lawmakers seem destined to meet the same fate as their more moderate colleagues.
"Tsunami" has been the word most often employed by pundits to describe the projected electoral beating Democrats are poised to suffer in November. Given both these survey and poll results, it's now a particularly apropos term, as tsunamis don't neatly discriminate about what, or in this case who, gets swept away in their path.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
The “Blue Dogs” are the targets of the Obama base, the Progressives are the targets of everyone opposed to the Obama agenda.
I thought they misspelled FONDLES.
Wait! Listen! I believe I hear the Fat Lady singing.
2011 might prove to be an interesting group in the house. Let’s say that most ‘blue-dogs’ survive and continue on in their districts...with the new Republicans. The ‘blue-dog’ democrats might actually be a major force left in the remaining democratic team and anchor them to a new center. My guess is that the administration will be very unhappy with this group.
>2011 might prove to be an interesting group in the house. Lets say that most blue-dogs survive and continue on in their districts...with the new Republicans. The blue-dog democrats might actually be a major force left in the remaining democratic team and anchor them to a new center. My guess is that the administration will be very unhappy with this group.
Unless I understand things incorrectly, this would be very unlikely. A large chunk of the GOP pickups will be at the expense of the Blue Dogs. The real lefty extremists are all in entrenched districts in which the democratic primary is the election for all practical purposes.
Blue Dogs will be the first to go.
These tend to be narrower victories in conservative districts.
Blue Dogs’ constituents are particularly unhappy with the Democrat party, and they will take it out on their representatives. Any Democrat who didn’t win their district by at the least 8 points is gone. Liberals in liberal districts are safer because, I hate to point out the obvious, but their constituents are stupid, and impervious to the reality all around them. These are people who don’t know what’s actually going on in the world, or what their politicians have done, but they do know the one and only “right way” to vote, and that won’t change, no matter what happens in the world outside.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it."
Dont get your hopes up too high.
If he is out of office you can expect him to become a new network TV political commentator. Expect to see him regularly on MSNBC, CNN and who knows FOX.
“...because in the end, Barney Frank...”
I could so much with this, butt I won’t.
The time for fooling around with RINOs and marxists who call themselves Progressives in order to hide their marxist agenda (as if that will continue to work forever) is fast coming to a close.
Its a blessed thing that the degenerate slick son of a bitch ROMNEY from a family of cowards is going to try for the GOP nomination because it will once and for all propel a candidate (as yet undetermined) to stop pulling punches and declare WAR ON SOCIALISM.
The candidate must name names, vow to destroy the members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and excoriate geographic areas such as San Francisco and other socialist strongholds as US AGAINST THEM
The effin party is over, time to smack down these CPUSA stooges and fellow travelers, put PR mens heads on pikes, and put the fear of God and the sword in the hearts of the ENEMY WITHIN
The following members of Congress are Marxists and terrorist coddlers who have rebranded themselves as Progressives in an attempt to hide their agenda
Nancy Pelosi was one of the original members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and only left when she was named Minority Leader.
She is now Speaker of the House and 2 heartbeats away from President of the United States.
All members are members of the Democratic Party or caucus with the Democratic Party. There are currently 82 total declared Progressives including 79 voting Representatives, 2 non-voting Delegates, and 1 Senator.
The Congressional Progressive Caucus
* Ed Pastor (AZ-4, Phoenix)
* Raúl Grijalva (AZ-7, Tucson) - Co-Chair
* Lynn Woolsey (CA-6, Santa Rosa) - Co-Chair
* George Miller (CA-7, Richmond) - Chairman, House Education and Labor Committee
* Barbara Lee (CA-9, Oakland) - Chairwoman, Congressional Black Caucus
* Pete Stark (CA-13, Fremont)
* Michael Honda (CA-15, San Jose)
* Sam Farr (CA-17, Monterey)
* Henry Waxman (CA-30, Los Angeles) - Chairman, House Energy and Commerce Committee
* Xavier Becerra (CA-31, Los Angeles)
* Judy Chu (CA-32, El Monte)
* Diane Watson (CA-33, Los Angeles)
* Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA-34, Los Angeles)
* Maxine Waters (CA-35, Inglewood)
* Laura Richardson (CA-37, Long Beach)
* Linda Sanchez (CA-39, Lakewood)
* Bob Filner (CA-51, San Diego) - Chairman, House Veterans Affairs Committee
* Jared Polis (CO-02, Boulder)
* Rosa DeLauro (CT-3, New Haven)
* Corrine Brown (FL-3, Jacksonville)
* Alan Grayson (FL-8, Orlando)
* Robert Wexler (FL-19, Boca Raton)
* Alcee Hastings (FL-23, Fort Lauderdale)
* Hank Johnson (GA-4, Lithonia)
* John Lewis (GA-5, Atlanta)
* Neil Abercrombie (HI-1, Honolulu)
* Mazie Hirono (HI-2, Honolulu)
* Bobby Rush (IL-1, Chicago)
* Jesse Jackson, Jr. (IL-2, Chicago Heights)
* Luis Gutierrez (IL-4, Chicago)
* Danny Davis (IL-7, Chicago)
* Jan Schakowsky (IL-9, Chicago)
* Phil Hare (IL-17, Rock Island)
* André Carson (IN-7, Indianapolis)
* Dave Loebsack (IA-2, Cedar Rapids)
* Chellie Pingree (ME-1, North Haven)
* Donna Edwards (MD-4, Fort Washington)
* Elijah Cummings (MD-7, Baltimore)
* John Olver (MA-1, Amherst)
* Jim McGovern (MA-3, Worcester)
* Barney Frank (MA-4, Newton) - Chairman, House Financial Services Committee
* John Tierney (MA-6, Salem)
* Ed Markey (MA-7, Malden)
* Mike Capuano (MA-8, Boston)
* Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick (MI-13, Detroit)
* John Conyers (MI-14, Detroit) - Chairman, House Judiciary Committee
* Keith Ellison (MN-5, Minneapolis)
* Bennie Thompson (MS-2, Bolton) - Chairman, House Homeland Security Committee
* William Lacy Clay, Jr. (MO-1, St. Louis)
* Emanuel Cleaver (MO-5, Kansas City)
 New Jersey
* Frank Pallone (NJ-06)
* Donald Payne (NJ-10, Newark)
 New Mexico
* Ben R. Luján (NM-3, Santa Fe)
 New York
* Jerry Nadler (NY-8, Manhattan)
* Yvette Clarke (NY-11, Brooklyn)
* Nydia Velazquez (NY-12, Brooklyn) - Chairwoman, House Small Business Committee
* Carolyn Maloney (NY-14, Manhattan)
* Charles Rangel (NY-15, Harlem) - Chairman, House Ways and Means Committee
* Jose Serrano (NY-16, Bronx)
* John Hall (NY-19, Dover Plains)
* Maurice Hinchey (NY-22, Saugerties)
* Louise Slaughter (NY-28, Rochester) - Chairwoman, House Rules Committee
* Eric Massa (NY-29, Corning)
 North Carolina
* Mel Watt (NC-12, Charlotte)
* Marcy Kaptur (OH-9, Toledo)
* Dennis Kucinich (OH-10, Cleveland)
* Marcia Fudge (OH-11, Warrensville Heights)
* Earl Blumenauer (OR-3, Portland)
* Peter DeFazio (OR-4, Eugene)
* Bob Brady (PA-1, Philadelphia) - Chairman, House Administration Committee
* Chaka Fattah (PA-2, Philadelphia)
* Steve Cohen (TN-9, Memphis)
* Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX-18, Houston)
* Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30, Dallas)
* Jim Moran (VA-8, Alexandria)
* Peter Welch (VT-At Large)
* Jim McDermott (WA-7, Seattle)
* Tammy Baldwin (WI-2, Madison)
* Gwen Moore (WI-4, Milwaukee)
* Donna M. Christensen (Virgin Islands)
* Eleanor Holmes Norton (District of Columbia)
 Senate member
* Bernie Sanders (Vermont)
 Former members
* Sherrod Brown (OH-13) - Elected to Senate
* Julia Carson (IN-07) - Died in December 2007
* Lane Evans (IL-17) - Retired from Congress
* Cynthia McKinney (GA-4) - Lost Congressional seat to current caucus member Hank Johnson
* Major Owens (NY-11) - Retired from Congress
* Nancy Pelosi (CA-8) - Left Caucus when Elected House Minority Leader
* Hilda Solis (CA-32) - Became Secretary of Labor in 2009
* Stephanie Tubbs Jones (OH-11) - Died in 2008
* Tom Udall (NM Senate)
* Paul Wellstone (MN Senate) - Died in plane crash in 2002
The Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) was established in 1991 by five members of the United States House of Representatives: Representatives Ron Dellums (D-CA), Lane Evans (D-IL), Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Maxine Waters (D-CA), and Bernie Sanders (I-VT). Then-Representative Bernie Sanders was the convener and first. The founding members were concerned about the economic hardship imposed by the deepening recession, the growing inequality brought about by the timidity of the Democratic Party response at the time.
Additional House representatives joined soon, including Major Owens (D-NY), Nydia Velazquez (D-NY), David Bonior (D-MI), Bob Filner (D-CA), Barney Frank (D-MA), Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), Jim McDermott (D-WA), Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Patsy Mink (D-HI), George Miller (D-CA), Pete Stark (D-CA), John Olver (D-MA), Lynn Woolsey (D-CA), and Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).
It’s surreal, card carrying MARXISTS stealing money with impunity, unchallenged and in broad daylight no less.
Some heads are gonna roll.
He better watch out or he’ll get it in the end.
MARXISM is our country's **MOST** urgent and serious threat! Schools (K-12 through graduate school) are the Marxists **MOST** powerful weapon against us.
We can survive any terrorist attack, but our nation's character is being eaten away from within. If, as a nation, we fail to raise up generations of youth who are fully capable of defending their family's specific Judeo Christian faith and our nation's founding principles, we are doomed to slavery.
President Rodney Dangerfield
Vice President Joe Pesci
Regular Guy guys.
Ysterday, Rush called it a Teanami
I know it’s probably too much to hope for, but Frank, Dodd and others who had a role in the sub-prime meltdown should be investigated by the GOP and go to jail!
Fu*k this bipartisanship, and compromise crap! These people almost destroyed this country, and the GOP leadership like McConnell , Cornyn and Issa think we’re longing for bipartisanship?
I want Frank and Dodd in jail!
Eric “Tickle Me Elmo” Massa is no longer in congress.
Barney Frank Flounders
That's a mental picture I don't want to see.
Then again. If his wrists weren't so limp, maybe he wouldn't flounder
“Barney Frank Flounders”
Much better headline than the one last week which read:
Barney Frank going down.
Maybe “floundering” is what happens when you try to “go down” at Bawney’s age?
Barney’s boyfriend has dumped him - he heard Barney is going to lose his seat!
I'd never see him "regularly" on msnbc or cnn and if the fat fag shows up on FOX, I always have my remote close.
Besides, can you imagine the fun it would be watching barney fag and chrissy girl spitting and slobbering and crying on each other. NOT.
Given his preferences, I would think "Barney Frank Wallows" might be closer to the truth.
Democrats are cheaters and experts at skewing the vote. We cannot count Frank and some of the other progressives being defeated. Early voting offers the opportunity to scam the citizens of an honest vote. They are experts at finding votes when they need them.
You're right, of course.
It should read:
I believe I hear the Fat Lady thlobering, thinging and drooling.
And the false teeth fall out?
Well I dont know about the crying part but I dont think Frank can speak without spitting and slobbering.
Everything sounds awful coming out of that mouth (if you can understand him at all).
(With apologies to Mr. Barry) What an awesome name for a Rock Band!
LOL! It sure would.
Of course, you would probably get a lot of calls to play gigs in gay bars...
Spot on oppo research. Some of the links have gone dead (notably at his current employer Wells Fargo mortgage where his photo was posted - surprise), but you can verify Herb Moses photo by logging on to LinkedIn and searching on that name - his page will come up (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/herb-moses/11/297/785)
with a photo if you are logged in, and it is in fact the very same unmistakable face of Herb Moses in the graphic gay porn that one can find on the internet.
This was posted in a 2008 FR thread that was recently pulled, and it can lead you to make the connection between the unmistakable face of Franks Fannie Mae ex-spouse and the same un-photoshopped man as a raunchy gay porn star: You are definitely on the right track since I know that Herb lives in Huntington Beach with his lover of 10 years Alvaro C. and he does (maybe did) work at WF in mortgage lending. They have both been and still are part-time male prostitutes and have also done gay porn. Real Couples #1 was their first video together. This can be verified as Jessie Foxx (Alvaro) and Mike (Herb) on the DVD cover and posting on pay VOD sites. Sometimes the light of truth uncovers a questionable past.
Discover the link - it seems that Franks former Fannie Mae spouse went on to star in harcore gay porn:
Barney Franks former so-called spouse was a man named Herb Moses.
At the time, Herb Moses was a director for housing initiatives at Fannie Mae.
Herb Moses helped develop many of Fannie Maes affordable housing and home improvement lending programs.
Herb Moses was reportedly a mortgage expert who left Fannie Mae in 1998 to start a pottery business.
But not before his lover Barney Frank lobbied hard to widen Fannie Maes ability to give mortgages to high-risk borrowers.
A Herbert M. Moses from Washington D.C. and employed by Fannie Mae gave $1500 to Democrats in the 1990s.
A Herbert M. Moses in D.C. is listed at whitepages.com
At this whitepages page, you will find a background records link that allows you to buy a detailed report on that name from a list of several links.
Several of those links will give a teaser list of cities where the named person presumedly has lived or lives.
Fact check: you can type in the name of someone you know and see that the list of teaser cities is an actual list of the actual cities where the named person has lived.
For Herbert M. Moses of D.C., Huntington Beach, CA, is one of 6 cities listed as a current or former residence.
Newport Beach is 6 miles from Huntington Beach
A google search of Herbert Moses
brings you to a photo and contact page of Herb Moses working at Wells Fargo in the mortgage department
and Herb Moses of Wells Fargo mortgage is also listed at this website
A brand new FReeper, Stevie1958, has posted an interesting note at FR claiming that this same pictured Herb Moses has made porn films with his current long-term gay sex partner.
A google search using key terms revealed by this new FReeper, Stevie1958, does lead to webpages with photos of the same pictured man (identified above as Herb Moses) engaged in explicit homosexual sex acts.
So, it seems that Barney Franks former homosexual spouse who was a Fannie Mae executive, is now a third rate loan salesman and gay pron star. It makes Franks old housemate, Steve Gobie, who Frank met when he hired him as a male escort, and who ran a gay escort service from Franks D.C. home, seem pretty tame in comparison (Representative Barney Frank received a formal reprimand from the House for his relationship with a male prostitute - Gobie).
And one more thing: Is Stevie1958 really Stephen L. Gobie?