Skip to comments.Airing Harry Reidís Dirty Laundry
Posted on 10/21/2010 12:48:17 PM PDT by FromLori
Senator Harry Reid claims to be an ethical politician and he often employs his Mormon religion in order to demonstrate his alleged immaculacy. However, the reality is that he is, in fact, one of the most ethically challenged politicians in office today. This report will review his alliances with corrupt individuals, his support of ACORN, his ties with organized crime figures and his chronic failure to comply with campaign finance laws.
Harry Reids Alliance with Jack Abramoff Soon after the Jack Abramoff scandal broke, Reid took the lead in attacking Republicans for fostering a culture of corruption.
(1) But shortly after making these comments, it was reported that Reid took almost $68,000 from Abramoffs firm, its PAC and its Indian casino clients.
(2) Reid then tried to distance himself from Abramoff, stating, [D]ont lump me in with Jack Abramoff. This is a Republican scandal. Dont try to give any of it to me.
(3) Heres the key passage: Harry Reid wrote at least four letters helpful in Indian tribes represented by Jack Abramoff, and Reids staff had frequent contact with the disgraced lobbyists team about legislation .Reid collected nearly $68,000 in political donations from Abramoffs firm, lobbying partners and clients Abramoffs firm also hired one of Reids top legislative aides as a lobbyist.
(4) The bulk of the donation money came from Indian tribes who were Abramoffs clients, most of whom owned casinos in the region. Reids letters were meant to influence the Interior Department to reject applications that would allow certain Indian tribes to open up new casinos. Reid was not acting in opposition to gambling, but was rather protecting the existing Indian casinos (Abramoffs Clients) from having new competition in their regions.
(5) Reid Protects ACORN from Investigation
(Excerpt) Read more at westernjournalism.com ...
Hopefully but that piece of crap has been around for a long time I’ll be thrilled if he’s gone but I’ll be holding my breath until that happens
It´s what you do. Not who you say you are.