Skip to comments.Voter identification law from 2004 struck down
Posted on 10/26/2010 3:56:16 PM PDT by Tucson_AZ
SAN FRANCISCO - The U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, has struck down the law requiring Arizona voters to present proof of citizenship to vote.
Prop. 200, approved by Arizona voters in 2004, was found to violate federal law - the majority opinion was that the National Voter Registration Act precludes states from imposing additional requirements.
(Excerpt) Read more at kvoa.com ...
Meanwhile, 3,000 voter registrations and early ballot requests (submitted on the deadline day) by a Democrat organization in Southern Arizona have been found to be at least 60% (and counting) fraudulent.
It’s not just the dollar that’s being devalued these days.
This amounts to devaluing U.S. citizenship.
By whatever means necessary.
Is anyone surprised? These clowns are the most overturned in the country.
So, the court has just removed the citizenship requirement to vote.
Kinda like requiring presidents to be natural born citizens, but no law can make them prove it.
surely we’re dreaming
Amazingly even the 9th circus thought the photo-id requirement was ok.
Can this be appealed to SCOTUS on an emergency basis?
“the majority opinion was that the National Voter Registration Act precludes states from imposing additional requirements.”
Then either the National Voter Resgistration Act or the 9th Circuit needs to be repealed. (OR BOTH)
And they continue to poke the tiger in the cage
Just because you can’t make them show proof of citizenship at the time of vote doesn’t mean the fraudulent ballots have to be accepted....correct?
don't we now have a conflict between the Constitution and the court's concern about “obstacles?”
While those honorably doing service overseas are getting dissed.
Oh for goodness sakes!!! %$^k all of you!! I cannot wait until next Tuesday.....
so I can then have sleepless nights about 2012 (you can’t see my eyeroll but it’s there).
Just move up the case alongside Obamacare to SCOTUS. The 9th circus has always been the enemy.
In every sense of the word. We are quickly losing our country. The enemy within has done more damage to us over the years than the militarizes of all of our external enemies in war.....
Just my opinion, but since the voter registration deadline has past, I can’t see this ruling affecting the current cycle. And I truly hope this can be overturned before 2012 or we will be in a big heap of doo here in AZ with non-citizen voters registering in bulk. This must be stopped before 2012.
9th jerkit court of schlameels....most overturned court in the US.
Judges too can commit treason...and suffer the same penalty afforded by the law.
Oh this kind of crap depresses me. How do we fight such fraud?
Keep it up judges. You’re next.
I can't help but think that our predecessors back in the middle 1700s faced a similar dilemma. They could get no justice, no satisfaction from the political system in place at the time. They suffered insult after insult, grievance after grievance, with no recourse for redress. It would have gone on that way until the patriots starting shooting at people on a bridge in Concord. I hope it doesn't come to that again, but the way things are going in Obamanation, I can't help but wonder.
It is getting to the point that the Real Americans will have to accept that they are going to be ‘Ruled’ by these Communist Bass-Turds or Tell them to Go To Hell-o and declare an all out war of which .. We Will Win!
I, for one am tired of this Crap!
I fought in one war .. outside of this country for Democracy.
I am willing to fight another .. ‘within’ this country for Our Republic!
Get Minds .. Think alike!
Seems like the democRATs and 0bama devalue everything, from the U.S. dollar, to U.S. Citizenship.
I can smell November Two from my lanai.
“How do we fight such fraud?”
Use your imagination.
Of course! Such unConstitutional b*stards....our courts have got to be cleaned out....
When, where and what caliber?
Alaska, Vermont, and Virginia are exempted.
How does this differ from the Army in a Banana Republic intervening to stop an election that has gone the “wrong” way? The erosion of the rule of law and objectivity of the judiciary is a mortal danger to this republic.
Democracy is falling apart in front of our eyes...
Illinois like many states thanks to Clinton many years ago allows illegal aliens to vote. All they need is a drivers license as proof.
Can illegal immigrants register to vote?
by Fran Eaton
Monday, August 14, 2006
“How does this work? In order to register to vote, the Motor Voter Registration form simply asks the applicant to sign, stating he or she is a citizen of the U.S., 18 years old, a resident of the precinct for the last 30 days and not a felon. On one county form, the Social Security number (or last four digits) is requested. On another county’s form, a driver’s license number is requested.
I asked a DuPage County elections official how they would check whether a person registering to vote was a citizen of the U.S. She said that they have no choice but to accept the word of the person who registered. If there was any suspicion that the voter was not a citizen of the U.S., an election judge at the polling place could file an objection when he or she comes in to vote.
I asked if there was anything in the new federal Voting Rights Act that would intimidate election judges from objecting to a person’s voting qualifications, and she said she couldn’t answer that question.”
Here is a link to the opinion: http://www.courts.wa.gov/opinions/index.cfm?fa=opinions.showOpinion&filename=395479MAJ
This opinion is even worse than is being reported. The 9th Circuit had previously upheld this law. As Kosinski makes abundantly clear in his extremely lucid dissent, the two judge majority chooses to ignore binding(not persuasive) precedent in reaching their decision. The majority decision is thus the very epitome of judicial lawlessness.
This opinion will likely be reviewed and reversed en banc. And if not, it seems likely to be added to the long list of cases which the Supreme Court has reviewed and reversed.
Sorry, this is the correct link: http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2010/10/26/08-17094.pdf
“If the law supposes that,” said Mr. Bumble, squeezing his hat emphatically in both hands, “the law is a ass- a idiot.”
The following members of Congress are Marxists and terrorist coddlers who have rebranded themselves as Progressives in an attempt to hide their agenda
Nancy Pelosi was one of the original members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and only left when she was named Minority Leader.
She is now Speaker of the House and 2 heartbeats away from President of the United States.
All members are members of the Democratic Party or caucus with the Democratic Party. There are currently 82 total declared Progressives including 79 voting Representatives, 2 non-voting Delegates, and 1 Senator.
The Congressional Progressive Caucus
* Ed Pastor (AZ-4, Phoenix)
* Raúl Grijalva (AZ-7, Tucson) - Co-Chair
* Lynn Woolsey (CA-6, Santa Rosa) - Co-Chair
* George Miller (CA-7, Richmond) - Chairman, House Education and Labor Committee
* Barbara Lee (CA-9, Oakland) - Chairwoman, Congressional Black Caucus
* Pete Stark (CA-13, Fremont)
* Michael Honda (CA-15, San Jose)
* Sam Farr (CA-17, Monterey)
* Henry Waxman (CA-30, Los Angeles) - Chairman, House Energy and Commerce Committee
* Xavier Becerra (CA-31, Los Angeles)
* Judy Chu (CA-32, El Monte)
* Diane Watson (CA-33, Los Angeles)
* Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA-34, Los Angeles)
* Maxine Waters (CA-35, Inglewood)
* Laura Richardson (CA-37, Long Beach)
* Linda Sanchez (CA-39, Lakewood)
* Bob Filner (CA-51, San Diego) - Chairman, House Veterans Affairs Committee
* Jared Polis (CO-02, Boulder)
* Rosa DeLauro (CT-3, New Haven)
* Corrine Brown (FL-3, Jacksonville)
* Alan Grayson (FL-8, Orlando)
* Robert Wexler (FL-19, Boca Raton)
* Alcee Hastings (FL-23, Fort Lauderdale)
* Hank Johnson (GA-4, Lithonia)
* John Lewis (GA-5, Atlanta)
* Neil Abercrombie (HI-1, Honolulu)
* Mazie Hirono (HI-2, Honolulu)
* Bobby Rush (IL-1, Chicago)
* Jesse Jackson, Jr. (IL-2, Chicago Heights)
* Luis Gutierrez (IL-4, Chicago)
* Danny Davis (IL-7, Chicago)
* Jan Schakowsky (IL-9, Chicago)
* Phil Hare (IL-17, Rock Island)
* André Carson (IN-7, Indianapolis)
* Dave Loebsack (IA-2, Cedar Rapids)
* Chellie Pingree (ME-1, North Haven)
* Donna Edwards (MD-4, Fort Washington)
* Elijah Cummings (MD-7, Baltimore)
* John Olver (MA-1, Amherst)
* Jim McGovern (MA-3, Worcester)
* Barney Frank (MA-4, Newton) - Chairman, House Financial Services Committee
* John Tierney (MA-6, Salem)
* Ed Markey (MA-7, Malden)
* Mike Capuano (MA-8, Boston)
* Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick (MI-13, Detroit)
* John Conyers (MI-14, Detroit) - Chairman, House Judiciary Committee
* Keith Ellison (MN-5, Minneapolis)
* Bennie Thompson (MS-2, Bolton) - Chairman, House Homeland Security Committee
* William Lacy Clay, Jr. (MO-1, St. Louis)
* Emanuel Cleaver (MO-5, Kansas City)
 New Jersey
* Frank Pallone (NJ-06)
* Donald Payne (NJ-10, Newark)
 New Mexico
* Ben R. Luján (NM-3, Santa Fe)
 New York
* Jerry Nadler (NY-8, Manhattan)
* Yvette Clarke (NY-11, Brooklyn)
* Nydia Velazquez (NY-12, Brooklyn) - Chairwoman, House Small Business Committee
* Carolyn Maloney (NY-14, Manhattan)
* Charles Rangel (NY-15, Harlem) - Chairman, House Ways and Means Committee
* Jose Serrano (NY-16, Bronx)
* John Hall (NY-19, Dover Plains)
* Maurice Hinchey (NY-22, Saugerties)
* Louise Slaughter (NY-28, Rochester) - Chairwoman, House Rules Committee
* Eric Massa (NY-29, Corning)
 North Carolina
* Mel Watt (NC-12, Charlotte)
* Marcy Kaptur (OH-9, Toledo)
* Dennis Kucinich (OH-10, Cleveland)
* Marcia Fudge (OH-11, Warrensville Heights)
* Earl Blumenauer (OR-3, Portland)
* Peter DeFazio (OR-4, Eugene)
* Bob Brady (PA-1, Philadelphia) - Chairman, House Administration Committee
* Chaka Fattah (PA-2, Philadelphia)
* Steve Cohen (TN-9, Memphis)
* Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX-18, Houston)
* Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30, Dallas)
* Jim Moran (VA-8, Alexandria)
* Peter Welch (VT-At Large)
* Jim McDermott (WA-7, Seattle)
* Tammy Baldwin (WI-2, Madison)
* Gwen Moore (WI-4, Milwaukee)
* Donna M. Christensen (Virgin Islands)
* Eleanor Holmes Norton (District of Columbia)
 Senate member
* Bernie Sanders (Vermont)
 Former members
* Sherrod Brown (OH-13) - Elected to Senate
* Julia Carson (IN-07) - Died in December 2007
* Lane Evans (IL-17) - Retired from Congress
* Cynthia McKinney (GA-4) - Lost Congressional seat to current caucus member Hank Johnson
* Major Owens (NY-11) - Retired from Congress
* Nancy Pelosi (CA-8) - Left Caucus when Elected House Minority Leader
* Hilda Solis (CA-32) - Became Secretary of Labor in 2009
* Stephanie Tubbs Jones (OH-11) - Died in 2008
* Tom Udall (NM Senate)
* Paul Wellstone (MN Senate) - Died in plane crash in 2002
The Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) was established in 1991 by five members of the United States House of Representatives: Representatives Ron Dellums (D-CA), Lane Evans (D-IL), Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Maxine Waters (D-CA), and Bernie Sanders (I-VT). Then-Representative Bernie Sanders was the convener and first. The founding members were concerned about the economic hardship imposed by the deepening recession, the growing inequality brought about by the timidity of the Democratic Party response at the time.
Additional House representatives joined soon, including Major Owens (D-NY), Nydia Velazquez (D-NY), David Bonior (D-MI), Bob Filner (D-CA), Barney Frank (D-MA), Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), Jim McDermott (D-WA), Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Patsy Mink (D-HI), George Miller (D-CA), Pete Stark (D-CA), John Olver (D-MA), Lynn Woolsey (D-CA), and Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).
I have to call bullshit here!
No holds barred, take no prisoners, name names, and make these red bastards pay dearly for the consequences of nearly one hundred years of insidious and unrelenting attacks on capitalism and judeo-christian morality.
The days of marxists operating in the open in your face and you'll like it or else are fast drawing to a close.
THESE RED SONS OF BITCHES THINK THEY CAN STEAL THE PRODUCTIVE CLASS MONEY BY THE ELECTORAL PROCESS.
THEY WANT THE CAPITALISTS MONEY, THEY CAN TRY AND GET IT AT GUNPOINT LIKE ANY OTHER SELF RESPECTING MARXIST DOES.
Lock and Load,Am afraid revolution is nearing.
Well the left needs the non-citizen vote in 2010 cause they’re facing a total collapse!
Wish that were true, but don't kid yourself...Democrats register voters up to election day, rules or not. The system is so flawed and corrupted that there is little hope for our Republic's future well-being.
A six year old voter initiative apparently, and it’s just now, just prior to the most important election in our history decided upon.
This is bullshit. This is collusion. This is another action to put on the list of cleanup, and cleanout this government.
It’s Roto-Rooter time. We the people with snake in hand, and get with the program.
Reminds me of the female Democrat, I cannot remember who she was as it was years ago said upon being caught cheating “Well!!! I HAD TO WIN!”
I’ve never forgotten that, actually my wife is the one that remembers that so often, and won’t let me forget it.
It’s the attitude of the Democrats. They are the minority party of the two major Political Parties, and I guess they think they have a right to cheat because they are the minority Party. It’s either that, or as I’ve posted before they simply attract criminals like flies on stuff.
“Just because you cant make them show proof of citizenship at the time of vote doesnt mean the fraudulent ballots have to be accepted....correct?”
They will say you don’t have STANDING to challenge those ballots.
We don’t even have standing to demand the President be an American!