Skip to comments.56% Still Consider Israel a U.S. Ally
Posted on 11/05/2010 12:18:48 PM PDT by Nachum
Most voters still view Israel as one of America's leading allies.
A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds that 56% think of Israel as an ally, while just three percent (3%) view the country as an enemy to the United States. Thirty-six percent (36%) think Israel is somewhere in between an enemy and an ally of the United States. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
Those numbers remain little unchanged from August when 60% felt that way.
That same month, however, Americans ranked Israel third on a list of 12 nations in the news, behind only Great Britain and Canada as the U.S.'s best friends.
(Excerpt) Read more at rasmussenreports.com ...
I’ll always consider Israel an ally. G-d bless them all!
I’m a bit concerned that number isn’t higher....
This is not a very clear question. The “official” policy of the US government is that Israel is an ally. Maybe they should have asked people if they think Israel ought to be an ally.
OK, but what % of Isrealis still consider the US an ally?
Israel and Congressional Democrats
October 19, 2010
National Review Online
A survey this month asked if a likely voter is “more likely or less likely to vote for a candidate whom you perceive as pro-Israel.” 39 percent of Democrats and 69 percent of Republicans prefer the pro-Israel candidate. Turned around, 33 percent of Democrats and 14 percent of Republicans would be less likely to support a candidate because he is pro-Israel. Democrats are somewhat evenly split (1-1)on Israel but Republicans favor it by a 5-to-1 ratio.
Israel needs to be an ally, as whatever happens to Israel, happens to us. They are the only democracy in the mideast, surrounded by tyrants and theocracies and should be supported.
I hate to say it but they are our canary in the COLE mine and they too are instrumental in spreading peace and democracy. All democracies need to be supported even if it is against Obama’s mandate.
Hmm... “still”? I guess I have to take exception to Rassmussen’s headline. What did Israel do to to substantially betray its friendship w/ the U.S.? If anything it’s been the Obama admin giving Israel the middle finger.
Of course maybe I’m interpreting the headline wrong and it’s mean to imply that despite constant Israel bashing in the media and by the admin a majority of American’s aren’t buying the anti-Israel propaganda.
“OK, but what % of Isrealis still consider the US an ally?”
before or after Nov 2, 2010?
If youd like to be on or off, please FR mail me.
56% consider Israel an ally... and the other 44% approve of Obama.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.