UNDECIDED RANKED FROM WORST TO BEST with best guess at winner below (and how it would affect House in parentheses)
1) WA-2 Larsen (D) vs Koster (R) D ahead by 3,872 (240/188)
2) VA-11 Connolly (D) vs Fimian (R) D ahead by 968 with counting complete but recanvass outstanding (240/189)
3) KY-6 Chandler (D) vs Barr (R) D ahead by 649 with counting complete but recanvass scheduled for Nov 12 (240/190)
4) CA-11 McNerney (D) vs Harmer (R) D ahead by 548 but thousands left and court case pending (240/191)
5) CA-20 Costa (D) vs Vidak (R) R ahead by 648 but his lead has been sliced by 2/3 and many more votes to be counted in a county that went 60/40 for Costa (Kern Co. I believe) (240/192)
6) IL-8 Walsh (R) vs Bean (D) R Ahead by 350 although lead has been cut since Tuesday. (241/192)
7) NY-1 Altschuler (R) vs Bishop (D) After error corrected, R has lead "just under 400" 9,000 Absentee ballots to be counted (242/192)
8) NY-25 Buerkle (R) vs Maffei (D) R has 684 vote lead. Absentee/Military uncounted (243/192)
PREDICTION 243R/192D +64 vs last Congress
Good work (((((((((applause))))))))) for your efforts.
Looks like the ‘RATS need to “find” a couple of “bags of ballots” for New York and one for Illinois.
When it comes to undecided races, NC District 4 [?] ought to be included here too — Etheridge (D) vs. Ellmers (R). Ellmers upset Etheridge by 2099, but the next morning Sampson County “found” enough “early votes” to close the margin for Etheridge to call for a recount. Ellmers holds a 1600+ vote lead — but this is typical for NC Democrats — they steal elections this way (Chicago has NOTHING on them). This race CANNOT be counted as a “sure thing” and must be regarded as “undecided.” Not sure where it falls in these numbers.
Then we win, yes???
Don’t get too upset if we lose IL-8.
Democrats control redistricting, they will make the new district safe for Melissa Bean to win in 2012.
Where does the NC race with Etheridge(D)stand? Have you already included that seat among the 240 held by Republicans?
I don’t know where you got your count from, Millard, but Rush Limbaugh has said since Thursday that the GOP is already assured a net gain of at least +63 seats. I believe that that number does not include any of the races said to be undecided. I believe I’ve also heard the +63 with nine contests undecided on a cable TV outlet.
Seems like the Rats are winning all of these close races. You know, the places where they are finding missing votes. I have a bad feeling the Republicans are satisfied and not making sure these races are not being stolen.
I have a hard time believing all these Dems won on a day where Republicans were sweeping in all over the country. No doubt Reid stole that election in Nevada. There is no way you have a 9 point swing on a single day when everything is going the other way. Compound that with the rigged machines where you pull for the Republican and the votes go to Reid and the Democrats. Plus don’t for the power outage.
Means conservatives in the house can pass whatever they want even if all Dems plus a couple dozen RINOS oppose.
They won't be able to pass much that the Senate will go for, the Senate will not be able to pass anything objectionable to Republicans, and Obama will veto anything the Democrats don't like. Pretty much a stalemate.
But the House Republicans CAN have fun with an unending series of investigative hearings on the Obama administration, ACORN, vote fraud, etc, etc. It may be a fun two years.
Great work, do you have a ping list for people who would like to follow this? I would like to be added if you do.