Skip to comments.What is Senate Bill 510?
Posted on 11/19/2010 7:13:15 AM PST by DrewsMum
click here to read article
” They all need to be swamped with calls & faxes. “
They all need to be swamped with tar, and liberally coated with feathers...
That's why I keep suggesting people learn what wild foods are edible. They'll be able to eat freely.If an emergency never comes, they'll still be much better off because of it. Who knows what horrors the left will leave for the next generation, so it's a good skill to teach your children.
Reid is from a state where there are limited items grown in abundance. Alfalfa hay for dairy cattle & horses is one of the biggest products. Potatoes near Winnemucca. Onions near Yerington.Cantelopes near Fallon.
All of the items grown here are dependent on irrigation water. Some of the states farmers & ranchers Water Rights go back as far as 1985. They are very valuable.
Reid is trying to take/buy/weasel Water Rights from N Nevada farmers & ranchers to alledgely ‘restore Walker Lake’.
It is a phone story.
He wants to steal these water right & then swing a deal with S Calif to get the water from Walker Lake in exchange for the water Los Angeles gets from the Colorado river—right next to Las Vegas & all of Harry’s holdings.
There is absolutely no pipeline structure from Walker Lake to get this water moved to Los Angeles-—NONE.
Also- there are at least 3 recorded times of history that Walker Lake has suddenly disappeared for no understood reason. It gradually fills up again, but it does it’s sudden disappearances with no warning. That would leave Los Angeles dry if they went for this crazy deal.
Harry is also prpposing a 450 ++ mile pipeline from North eastern Nevada. The Southern Nevada Water Authority is buying up all the ranches it can that have water rights & stripping those water rights to ship the water to Las Vegas & Clark County.
This will produce a dust bowl effect & render millions of acres of hay production ground useless.
S-510 appears to be very vague.
IS there a back story for the reason why Harry Reid is pushing this monstrosity???
A home garden can be grown here in Nevada. However, it does take water to do it. Aerial photographers can easily spot anyone who has a ‘garden’.
This bill MUST be fought--tooth and nail! So--"man up" and contact your Congress critters and give 'em heck over even THINKING about passing this bill. It is exactly the kind of insidious legislation that undermines a Free Republic--which we will not be much longer if people give up fighting to preserve what freedoms we still have.
OK--rant over! But am now FOR SURE going to contact my Senators to let him know how I feel about this AWFUL bill. It won't do much good--cuz they're both staunch liberals (Wyden and Merkley)--but at least I can do something!
I also contacted News and radio. More people need to know what's going on with our food supply, and the politicians aren't going to be the ones to alert them.
One thing that might help is the outrage growing among those involved with farmers' markets, even those in the flaming liberal college town nearby seem to realize this bill as a true threat to their liberty. But--in order to fight this bill--as you seem to well know--people need to know what's in it, BEFORE it gets passed.
So good on you! And, again, God bless!
Done! I am ticked off today because the assaults just keep coming.
I am no longer sure we can stop this nightmare at the polls.
” I just found out about this turkey of a bill last night at local meeting of “tea party-type” people “
One serendipitous fallout from this - my neighbor (an erstwhile organic gardener, and, by the way, a flaming Lib) and I have finally found an issue that we agree on...
It’s opened the door to a couple of interesting conversations about Governmental over-reach, and I think I just might be starting to pry a few cracks in her knee-jerk armor.....
Awesome! Sounds like the same thing is happening here—finally some people are realizing that with more government comes less freedom. Wonder how they feel about the bill that gave the Feds control of ALL waterways—not just “navigable” ones—sponsored (IIRC) by, among others, Sen. Wyden.
Do you want this Congress to regulate food production after regulating health care? both laws entailing voluminous text which nobody seems to understand, addressing a private-sector industry which works well enough to not warrant socialistic takeover? Do you TRUST this Congress with such regulation?
Mine co-sponsored it.
And they’re Republicans.
At least one (Chambliss) is showing second thoughts.
Weekly garden thread ping needed here.
I pinged the Gardening thread to a Thread about this yesterday or the day before.
Yes you did. Sorry I missed it. Thank you.
1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, in the event of contamination or an ill-defined emergency. It resembles the Kissinger Plan.
2. It would end US sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO, thus threatening national security. It would end the Uruguay Round Agreement Act of 1994, which put US sovereignty and US law under perfect protection. Instead, S 510 says:
COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into the United States. Since under that law, the US is a corporate entity and not a location, entry of food into the US covers food produced anywhere within the land mass of this country and entering into it by virtue of being produced.
4. It imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food. It allows the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO), UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the WTO to take control of every food on earth and remove access to natural food supplements. Its bizarre history and its expected impact in limiting access to adequate nutrition (while mandating GM food, GM animals, pesticides, hormones, irradiation of food, etc.) threatens all safe and organic food and health itself, since the world knows now it needs vitamins to survive, not just to treat illnesses.
5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security. See Seeds How to criminalize them, for more details.
6. It includes NAIS, an animal traceability program that threatens all small farmers and ranchers raising animals. The UN is participating through the WHO, FAO, WTO, and World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) in allowing mass slaughter of even heritage breeds of animals and without proof of disease. Biodiversity in farm animals is being wiped out to substitute genetically engineered animals on which corporations hold patents. Animal diseases can be falsely declared. S 510 includes the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), despite its corrupt involvement in the H1N1 scandal, which is now said to have been concocted by the corporations.
7. It extends a failed and destructive HACCP to all food, thus threatening to do to all local food production and farming what HACCP did to meat production put it in corporate hands and worsen food safety.
8. It deconstructs what is left of the American economy. It takes agriculture and food, which are the cornerstone of all economies, out of the hands of the citizenry, and puts them under the total control of multinational corporations influencing the UN, WHO, FAO and WTO, with HHS, and CDC, acting as agents, with Homeland Security as the enforcer. The chance to rebuild the economy based on farming, ranching, gardens, food production, natural health, and all the jobs, tools and connected occupations would be eliminated.
9. It would allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs. This would industrialize every farm in the US, eliminate local organic farming, greatly increase global warming from increased use of oil-based products and long-distance delivery of foods, and make food even more unsafe. The five items listed the Five Pillars of Food Safety are precisely the items in the food supply which are the primary source of its danger.
10. It uses food crimes as the entry into police state power and control. The bill postpones defining all the regulations to be imposed; postpones defining crimes to be punished, postpones defining penalties to be applied. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review. It is (similar to C-6 in Canada) the end of Rule of Law in the US.
Cloture was voted on Wednesday I think...it passed 74-25???? with 15 Repubs voting for it
A pretty good synopsis of what’s going on.
Legislative codification of the evil that is Wickard v. Filburn.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.