Skip to comments.North Korea expresses regret at civilian deaths (sorry but not that sorry)
Posted on 11/27/2010 6:38:13 AM PST by TigerLikesRooster
North Korea expresses regret at civilian deaths
Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:23:03 GMT
Seoul - North Korea on Saturday expressed its regret at the civilian deaths from its shelling of a South Korean island earlier in the week, but then blamed the south for provoking the incident and accused it of using human shields.
In a comment via the state-run KCNA news agency, Pyongyang accused the south of using civilians as human shields on Yeonpyeong island and remarked on the reports of civilian deaths.
"If that is true, it is very regrettable, but the enemy should be held responsible for the incident as it took such inhuman action as creating 'a human shield' by deploying civilians around artillery positions and inside military facilities before the launch of the provocation," North Korea said.
Pyongyang went on to blame the United States as being the actual instigator of the incident, and again warned the US and South Korea against holding their joint naval manoeuvres on Sunday.
(Excerpt) Read more at earthtimes.org ...
Somebody needs to cue ‘Suicide is painless’.
Fantastic movie! I do not like the TV series though.
Dear (Smartass) North Korea:
OK Assholes. You own up to it, do you?
Here is the 5 million dollar question, with respect to loss of civilian life last Tuesday, and your further ongoing threats of all-out war on the civilian population in South Korea.
"WHO ORDERED THIS ROCKET STRIKE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL??"
-- Disrespectfully, The Civilized World
Of course, I will tell you who THEY say ordered this strike on Yeongpyongdo Island.
Right after this attack two things happened, not widely known to the outside world, but which has been gleaned through various sources:
a) In Pyongyang, according to the closed and discreet domestic DPRK cable radio system known as "The Third Radio" (not heard by outsiders or Westerners but generally carried in North Koreans' homes), the so-called 유선방송, 제3방송, the airborne RDX/TNT multiple launcher-based (hidden in caves on hills facing the ROK with open/close camoflaged green gates) missile strike on South Korea Tuesday was a retaliaton against South Korean naval maneuvers upon direct orders of "General" Kim Jong Eun (27), literally and figuratively a sonofabitch.
b) This would then explain why on Wednesday or Thursday this week right afterward, some flight(s) arriving in Beijing from Pyongyang with ethnic North Koreans heading for their home in Japan, had passengers alighting who frankly said the word on the street in Pyongyang and general buzz was one of extreme happiness and excitement, that everyone was rumoring that young Kim Jong Eun ordered it personally because of his "highly developed missile technology skills gained" in the KPA military of which he commands, and that he skillfully carried it out.
Little Dictator-to-be Kim Jong Eun is a mass murderer (if these reports are to be believed) already at 27, just as Dad before him got his training wheels by ordering the Rangoon mass murder bombing and the airborne bomb on KAL over the Andaman Sea set by Kim Hyung Hee killing all aboard.
Let this be a message to the hopelessly clueless New York Times and the Washington Post, the so-called Korean peninsula expert elites at the Council on Foreign Relations who can't park their bicycles straight, and others who wrote as recent as a few months ago that maybe the West can get a new start with young Kim Jong Eun, European educated, at the helm of a new, and opening North Korea....here's your answer.
Nice wristwatch, mass murderer! /end rant
It’s still a step back for NK.
Actually, it could precede and presage an even larger attack this coming week. According to tactics of Sun-Tzu, whom they are quite familiar.
They coined a new phrase: "Admirable restraint," a phrase they throw at Lee Myung-bak to sit tight and do nothing, ignore problem, and pretend.
The d*mn phrase pops up at NYT, FT, and WSJ. Well, if that's the case, S. Koreans may have to kick him out of the office. They may want somebody without "admirable restraint."
Also, way past time getting those huge loudspeakers up and running with the broadcasts along the DMZ in to the North by the ROK. With this behavior out of Pyongyang, and following the heels of the sunken Cheonan (by the way, they saw the same markings on DPRK artillery recovered from Yeongpyongdo that were recovered from the wreckage of the Cheonan), I am in favor of a
Way overdue. More ROK propaganda balloons with leaflets would be good, too, and stepped up efforts to get DPRK personnel in foreign embassies to defect and insult Kim Jong Eun in the process would be in order. Every man has his price.
He has to go. I think he lay low for a while until dust settles, and pretend nothing happened, then try to move on.
However, the right won’t forget this. This is not an overnight development. Frustration about him has grown steadily for some time. Now it is exploding.
Agreed. Unfortunately, Lee has Sunshine nostalgia despite what he says in public. He and his aides nixed the measure to start loudspeaker broadcast and regular balloon launching as military psyop.
The guy should go in exile if he manages to finish his term.
Things will get worse until 2012, the year N. Korean regime pegged as the deadline to finish their work and show them off as "Powerful and Great Nation."
With so many things not going in their way, they are certain to become more aggressive and dangerous.
If this results in some sort of national security disaster in S. Korea, we will have pole shift in SK politics, a situation reminiscent of the period in late 40's and Korean War.
What do you guys make of the Chinese FM’s (Yang) last minute cancellation of his visit to Seoul, but then the Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo making an abrupt visit to Seoul?
Chinese Foreign Minister Yang has angered S. Koreans by abruptly canceling scheduled visit to Seoul. He was supposed to be here Friday & today. 40 minutes ago via TweetDeck
A top Chinese official made a previously unannounced visit to South Korea on Saturday and held talks with Seoul’s Foreign Minister Kim Sung-hwan, an official said, amid high tensions over North Korea’s deadly artillery strike on a South Korean island earlier this week.
Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo, who traveled together with Beijing’s chief nuclear negotiator Wu Dawei, discussed Tuesday’s attack and six-nation talks on ending Pyongyang’s nuclear programs during a dinner meeting with Kim, the foreign ministry official said on condition of anonymity.