Skip to comments.Big unions treat workers like credit cards
Posted on 12/01/2010 6:31:18 PM PST by Nachum
Never take investment advice from a union leader. As usual, organized labor emptied its pockets for Democrats in the recent midterm elections, spending at least $171.5 million in an attempt to keep the electoral map blue. Ninety-three percent of that astonishing figure went to elect Democratic politicians. Half of those union donations came from the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), which represents government workers. Unsurprisingly, 99.5 percent of their contributions went to Democratic candidates. That money didn't come from the wallets of union leaders. It came from their
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
Don’t you mean:
‘Congress Treats Taxpayers Like Credit Cards!’ ;)
Sadly rank and file are zombies, unable to think for themselves and those who are able will be held hostage by there unions and instructed to march lock step or else
Check me if I’m wrong , but haven’t courts ruled that unions CAN’T take dues to pay for campaigns? I know that unions are exempt from court rulings, but please....
Eventually, you do have to pay credit cards.
I thought it was ATM’s.
And just think - it only takes 30% of the targeted employees to sign on to force the other 70% to reduce their income (via dues) and be part of a DNC auxilliary.
Tyranny of the minority.
And you wonder why their pension funds are under funded. Where did all the money go?
Here in New York, my union CSEA...which I am forced to either become a member of or become an agency shop fee payer to in order to keep my job, has a provision that you are able to get a refund on that portion of dues that goes to political campaigns. However, it is a ridiculously frustrating and complicated process, basically ensuring most members dont even bother. I work for the New York State Police and a huge majority of my coworkers are conservatives, sadly because we are lumped in with all other state employees our union endorses liberals.
Duh,just like governments treat their citizens/slaves.
Time for Republcians to give government employees a raise by making union membership illegal.
Roll back Fed. worker pay 2 years. Freeze Fed. hiring.
Any position funded by “Stimulant” spending goes away, and they have to apply for non-”Stimulant” positions at the rate paid 2 years ago. If they aren’t hired for a non-”Stimulant” job within 2 months, they get laid-off with the potential to be hired for a non-”Stimulant” job within the next 12 months. After that, they get no preferential treatment for Fed. jobs.
This would be more than fair treatment for Fed. workers that actually work. It would also reverse a lot of Zero’s make work for his Democrat voting base. It also should pass the EEOC regulations, although I’m sure the government worker unions would scream bloody murder of how “unfair” it is.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.