Skip to comments.Tester's top 10 betrayals of Montana (Phony "Centrist" Democrat Senator Jon Tester)
Posted on 12/10/2010 9:44:56 AM PST by Qbert
Montana's junior Sen. Jon Tester has led a double life which is why political experts list him among the most at-risk Democrats in 2012 Senate races - often as the most endangered senator in the country. Here's a handy refresher of the top 10 things Sen. Tester hopes you'll forget when he's asking you for another term:
10) Steadily Increasing unemployment: When Sen. Tester took office, Montana's unemployment rate was stable at a 10-year low of 3. percent. Since taking his oath of office, handing Democrats a one-seat majority in the Senate, Montana's unemployment has gone steadily up and now hovers at 10-year highs.
9) Hiding From Montanans: While our junior senator always makes time for photo-ops on a tractor, he wouldn't find time to hold a single public meeting in Montana before voting for the stimulus and Obamacare.
8) Beholden to environmental extremism: Powerful out-of-state environmental groups pumped millions of dollars into Tester's campaign in 2006. It's been a good investment. Tester staunchly defends their radical agenda in Washington, D.C., even when they go against the best interest of Montanans.
7) Pro-Abortion zealot: Tester has worked hard to earn a perfect 100 percent rating from the pro-abortion group NARAL. In fact, his former chief of staff is now the president of the pro-abortion group Emily's List.
6) Failed Malmstrom: On Tester's watch, Malmstrom Air Force Base lost 50 missiles from the 564th SMS, along with about 500 associated military jobs. Now, the Montana Air National Guard is losing its critical F-15 Mission. These losses stem from Tester's political weakness, they contribute to Montana's economic hardships and they put our national security at risk.
5) Voted for stimulus signs: Pouring salt on the wound after putting President Obama's priorities before ours in voting for the colossal failure of a stimulus, Tester voted to continue wasting tax dollars erecting stimulus signs around the country. You've surely seen these costly signs, the worst kind of political grandstanding on the taxpayer dime.
4) Spending and earmarks: During his campaign, Tester preached fiscal restraint and even told Montanans that he opposed earmarks. Today, he's voted for record deficits and debt that is threatening our economy and our children's future. Despite his promise, Tester has continually voted for earmarks.
3) Campaigning for Senators Boxer and Reid: While he wasn't in Montana much in 2010, Tester hit the campaign trail for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and California Sen. Barbara Boxer. No doubt, he's hoping they'll direct out-of-state money to Montana for his reelection. Tester is supposed to represent Montana, not endorse far-left candidates in our name without our permission.
2) Anti-gun supreme court: The Supreme Court is the most important line of defense for our Constitutional rights. Tester has voted to confirm Supreme Court justices who don't honor the Second Amendment. He assured Montanans that Justice Sotomayor would defend gun rights, but that was quickly belied by her anti-gun vote in a landmark gun case (McDonald v. Chicago).
1) Cast the deciding vote For Obamacare: Tester could have stopped passage of Obamacare if he'd had the courage to do so. Instead he cast the deciding vote to move it forward. Had he voted differently, Montanans would still be in control of their health care choices. But Tester refused to listen to Montanans before this disastrous vote, failing to hold even a single public meeting.
Montanan's deserve a Senator who will remember who he works for. Unfortunately, Senator Tester has spent the last four years working for far-left extremists groups, special interests and his Party Leadership. In 2012, I'll join Montanans who plan to remind Tester who he was supposed to be working for when we fire him.
Unemployed in 2012.
(Photo source: mtinbusiness.com)
John Candy-a$$, actually...
He is a Dem just WHAT did you expect?!
Tester should be toast. Hopefully the GOP will recruit a solid candidate to take him out.
I strongly doubt Baucus will run for re-election now that he so closely identified with Obamacare.
You forgot he supported Monsanto’s draconian “Food Safety Bill”, this hog head needs to be brought back home so he can ride his pigmy pony on his dental floss ranch and leave the rest of us alone.
Montana... certainly you can do better than THIS guy, no?
“You forgot he supported Monsantos draconian Food Safety Bill, this hog head needs to be brought back home so he can ride his pigmy pony on his dental floss ranch and leave the rest of us alone.”
Yep. And I’m sure he’ll vote for even more liberal monstrosities (DADT repeal, amnesty, tax deal, etc.) in the lame-duck session.
Here are Tester’s positions on abortion (source: www.ontheissues.org):
Supports Stem Cell Research. (Oct 2006)
Pledges to focus on preventing abortions, not on attacking. (May 2006)
Voted NO on restricting UN funding for population control policies. (Mar 2009)
Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
Voted NO on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
Focus on preventing pregnancy, plus emergency contraception. (Jan 2009)
He’s a real winner, all right... NOT!
Unbelievable- what a sad joke.
Montana got what they voted for, surely the people in Montana are not so stupid to believe that he would not support Democratic values. I am not so sure he won’t get re-elected after supporting these items mentioned.If he doesn’t get relected then what does that say about the peoples vote the first time around.
“Montana got what they voted for, surely the people in Montana are not so stupid to believe that he would not support Democratic values. I am not so sure he wont get re-elected after supporting these items mentioned.”
He talked the “centrist” talk, along with all the other Blue Dog phonies in 2006 and 2008, but didn’t walk the walk. 2010 wasn’t very kind to the Blue Dogs who were up for election.
Montana has been polluted by the human runoff from California. Expect more jackasses like Tester in the future.
To me it doesn’t matter how a democrat talks they are all the same to me the old democrats like Zell Miller are gone, this guy will start talking center of right again around election day and hopefully the people of Montana have seen enough.
The same as it would for the rest of the country.. 2006 was the dems' year for the mid-terms. People were pissed about the Iraq war, GOPer corruption, the Foley scandal, etc. It ebbs and flows. Unless Tester is doing wonderful stuff for Montana that no one else hears about, he'll probably be out on his ear in '12.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.