One comment to article said that it doesn’t matter who runs against Brown—if they have a D next to their name, they will win.
Another comment from Kathyf (note: Brown was on Howie Carr’s
show last night and defended himself, saying “do you want someone with you 80 per cent of the time or 0 per cent of the time?”)
1. His refusal to go along with pro-amnesty DREAM Act
2. Vote against Elena Kagan
3. Pledge not to sponsor earmarks
4. Opposition to the $1.2 trillion spending bill, which helped kill it
5. Vote against Obama’s nomination of a radical SEIU lawyer for NLRB
6. Opposition to cap and trade (thereby dooming it)
7. His bill to strip home-grown terrorists of their citizenship
8. His vote to extend the Bush tax cuts (don’t forget, 8 of our 10 whacky Dem congressmen voted against the tax cut, even when it was sweetened with an extension of unemployment benefits).
9. His bill to tighten sanctions on Iran until they give up their nuclear weapons program
10. His attack on Harvard elitists for their refusal to allow ROTC on campus
“Brown is a good conservative. Does he vote with Republicans all the time? No, sometimes he will vote off, but he said when he ran for US Senate that he was not going to march in lockstep with either party, and he hasn’t.” (end of Kathyf’s comment. I will add that anti-Brown forces ran an ad just before the election saying “Who is Scott Brown, really? A Republican. Who will vote in lockstep with the Republican party”. They were wrong, as he has sometimes voted with Democrats...but take note that he has not voted in lockstep with the Dems, that’s for sure.
How would Coakley have voted on these issues?)
Coakley would have become a leader of anti-American and anti-father forces in the Congress.
The (D) nominee in 2012 will be Deval Patrick.
he is against obamacare, spending and amnesty. Given this is MA, with zero gop congressmen, I’m ok with him.
Do you know what Howie and his listener's reaction was to Brown's DADT and START votes?
Sell it somewhere else. This creep has done tremendous harm to our national defense and military while handing Obama unnecessary victories in the lame duck session. All that is unforgivable.
Brown has proven he can't be trusted not to buckle on anything and will cast votes for political expediency. Expect that trend to continue the closer he gets to reelection.
This is a conservative boob bait game. Here’s how it works.
Liberal Stuff that is going to pass no matter what.( about 75%) Vote against, no Washington pol will hold it against you, and you get 75% brownie points from conservative idiots right off the bat.
Vote for conservative stuff that is going to pass, and doesn’t need your vote one way or another. Get 5%. Now up to Olympia Brown’s vaunted 80%.
Vote lefty on the 20 percent of lefty stuff that could go either way, and then go back home and tell the bumpkins you’re a Conservative( See Specter, Bennett, Graham, McPain, Romney....et al.)
Brown is about 50/50 which is as good as you are going to get out of Mass. Most anyone else would be 10/90 at best.