Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

"Warming Up" To Junk Science (EVERYTHING "Proves" Global Warming)
Boston Herald ^ | December 27, 2010 | Michael Graham

Posted on 12/28/2010 6:29:36 AM PST by suspects

you spent part of Christmas weekend stuck in a foot of snow - er, make that “climate fluff” - you may have found yourself asking “Whatever happened to all that ‘global warming’ Al Gore kept yelling about a few years ago?”

Good question.

According to members of the government/science funding axis pushing the theory of Anthropomorphic Global Warming - aka “Your Pick-Up Is Frying Our Planet” - the mountains of snowfall across North America actually prove the Earth is warming. Believe it or not, they say, warming actually makes the Earth colder.

Sounds crazy, but as the Potsdam Institute of Climate Research announced last Tuesday, man-made global warming could cause “polar winds to make their way to Europe and North Asia, whereby the probability of cold winters triples.”

See? More cold proves global warming.

That very day a Professor Stephan Rahmstorf released a report saying climate change means “we have to anticipate milder winters rather than cold ones,” and that even our “cold” winters have gotten “warmer.”

He says more warmth, not more cold, is proof of global warming. And who is this nut? He’s a scientist at the same Potsdam Institute.

Which is why “climate change” is the perfect mantra of the modern bureaucrat and big-government activist: The evidence always proves you right.

You might be surprised, for example, to learn that “from 1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming.” You might be even more surprised by the news that, since 2002, temperature trends have been downward, though by statistically insignificant amounts.

But the real kicker is that the guy who happily reported these facts is uber-warming activist...

(Excerpt) Read more at bostonherald.com ...


TOPICS: Business/Economy; Culture/Society; Government; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS: globalwarming; liberals; science
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-64 next last

1 posted on 12/28/2010 6:29:42 AM PST by suspects
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: suspects

I’m virtually certain that these lunatics will be trying to stop our use of wood stoves.

Even Canada isn’t that insane.


2 posted on 12/28/2010 6:34:16 AM PST by Westbrook (Having children does not divide your love, it multiplies it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


3 posted on 12/28/2010 6:36:47 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


4 posted on 12/28/2010 6:36:47 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


5 posted on 12/28/2010 6:36:50 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


6 posted on 12/28/2010 6:36:50 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


7 posted on 12/28/2010 6:36:50 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


8 posted on 12/28/2010 6:36:50 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


9 posted on 12/28/2010 6:36:50 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


10 posted on 12/28/2010 6:37:01 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


11 posted on 12/28/2010 6:37:02 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


12 posted on 12/28/2010 6:37:02 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


13 posted on 12/28/2010 6:37:02 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


14 posted on 12/28/2010 6:37:06 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


15 posted on 12/28/2010 6:37:06 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


16 posted on 12/28/2010 6:37:06 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects

Yup. I keep think of that funny LatmaTV segment... the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens. The Left can make the science justify any policy outcome they want. When ideology is driving your goals, the truth is irrelevant. Its 1984: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery and Ignorance Is Strength.


17 posted on 12/28/2010 6:37:06 AM PST by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop

One more time is a charm... haha.


18 posted on 12/28/2010 6:40:32 AM PST by justice14 ("stand up defend or lay down and die")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop

This has got to be some kind of record for duplicate posts!


19 posted on 12/28/2010 6:40:50 AM PST by digger48
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop

Hiccups?


20 posted on 12/28/2010 6:42:09 AM PST by LRS ("This is silly! It can't be! It can't be!!" "Oh yes it is! I said you wouldn't know the joint.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: Westbrook

They already made wood burning in firplaces illegal in some parts of California. I think it was the San Jose area, they have special “sniffer” patrols during cold snaps looking for smoke from fireplaces, only natural gas fires allowed.


21 posted on 12/28/2010 6:43:00 AM PST by Eye of Unk (If your enemy is quick to anger, seek to irritate him. Sun Tzu, The Art of War.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Eye of Unk

> they have special “sniffer” patrols during cold snaps
> looking for smoke from fireplaces, only natural gas fires
> allowed.

If this EVER happens in NH, and there are not enough people willing to fight it, I’ll move either to Canada or Chile.

Third world socialist countries get a pass in everything they do.

First world socialist countries have to pay up so the other countries can get a pass.


22 posted on 12/28/2010 6:45:19 AM PST by Westbrook (Having children does not divide your love, it multiplies it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: suspects
Now, now, heliocentrics. Science is simply being restored to its rightful Big Brother bailiwick place...
23 posted on 12/28/2010 6:46:08 AM PST by LRS ("This is silly! It can't be! It can't be!!" "Oh yes it is! I said you wouldn't know the joint.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop

You should mention that funny LatmaTV segment.


24 posted on 12/28/2010 6:47:01 AM PST by SpaceBar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: suspects
So the warmer the earth gets the colder it's gonna be???

Global Cooling is Global Warming???

The "New Logic" of the Left makes about as much sense as anything else of the Left.

"War is peace."
"Freedom is slavery."
"Love is hate."
"Censorship is free speech."
"Runaway spending is fiscal responsibility."
"Global cooling is Global Warming."
George Orwell was a prophet.

No wonder Chicken Little is in a panic!

25 posted on 12/28/2010 6:47:10 AM PST by Savage Beast ("You can, in fact must, shout 'fire' in a crowded theatre. It just has to be the truth." J. Goldberg)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: suspects
The Madness of King George was nothing compared to these edufreaks.
26 posted on 12/28/2010 6:50:11 AM PST by Don Corleone ("Oil the gun..eat the cannolis. Take it to the Mattress.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop

Worth repeating, repeating, repeating...


27 posted on 12/28/2010 6:51:05 AM PST by bray (Sarah Palin will destroy the Repub Party, hopefully!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: Westbrook
I’m virtually certain that these lunatics will be trying to stop our use of wood stoves.

Which is rather ironic coming from a group that wants to force us back to the 'stone age'.

28 posted on 12/28/2010 6:52:48 AM PST by UCANSEE2 (Lame and ill-informed post)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Westbrook

It would be ironic considering there is a 30% tax credit on wood & pellet stoves from the Federal govt. through the end of 2010. They are considered “carbon neutral” by the people who write the laws.

I have a woodstove but have been considering adding a pellet stove with the price of heating oil and the tax credit. I figure it would be a 4-5 year payoff. Harmon actually makes wood pellet furnaces now.


29 posted on 12/28/2010 6:54:05 AM PST by woodbutcher1963
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop

I’m sorry, I missed that. Could you say it again, please?


30 posted on 12/28/2010 6:57:25 AM PST by JPG (There is hope for America and her name is Sarah.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: LRS
"Hiccups?"

Or Parkinson's?

31 posted on 12/28/2010 6:58:28 AM PST by Mich Patriot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop

“the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens.”
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please don’t fall into the left’s language trap. Climate change is one of the few constants, climate is ALWAYS changing. They want us to refer to ANTHROPOGENIC global WARMING and climate change as the same thing. Then when you start to deny the existence of climate change they have you by the short hairs. We need to be the first to say, YES, the climate IS changing, but AGW is pure BS. I take every opportunity to agree with liberal clowns that the climate IS INDEED changing! But oh, by the way, the climate is changing but it is NOT warming at this time and even if it starts warming tomorrow it is not caused by human activity you idiots.


32 posted on 12/28/2010 6:59:37 AM PST by RipSawyer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: suspects

It is all Bull.


33 posted on 12/28/2010 7:01:06 AM PST by bmwcyle (It is Satan's fault)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Savage Beast

“George Orwell was a prophet.”
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yes and IDIOCRACY was a documentary that failed to capture the full extent of the insanity.


34 posted on 12/28/2010 7:02:31 AM PST by RipSawyer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: UCANSEE2

> Which is rather ironic coming from a group that wants to
> force us back to the ‘stone age’.

There were no wood stoves in the stone age.

But there were far fewer people.

Reduction of the human population to what they consider to be “sustainable” is their goal. One of 0bamma’s cabinet is a cosigner of a manifesto that promotes reducing the human population on earth to 250 million, about 25 times less than the current population.


35 posted on 12/28/2010 7:05:46 AM PST by Westbrook (Having children does not divide your love, it multiplies it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

To: RipSawyer

You want to see climate change, come to Michigan.

I go to a high School football game in a tee shirt with a bundle of clothes under my arm. By the end of the game I have them all on. We call it layering in MI.


36 posted on 12/28/2010 7:12:42 AM PST by 70th Division (I love my country but fear my government!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop

15 posts makes the point, don’t they?


37 posted on 12/28/2010 7:13:18 AM PST by gitmo ( The democRats drew first blood. It's our turn now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop
the fact no evidence exists for climate change is proof climate change happens.

Global (Warming/Cooling/Change) and 'climate change' are not the same thing.

It's difficult to have a rational discussion when the principals can't even stick to a proper label for the issue at hand.

The Scientists (journalists pretending to be scientists) throw around 'weather', 'climate', and 'global' as if they all meant the same thing.

38 posted on 12/28/2010 7:13:37 AM PST by UCANSEE2 (Lame and ill-informed post)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: bmwcyle

It IS all bull.

The underlying goal of all published research these days is to either:
1. Push a political agenda;
2. Gain resume points and tenure;
3. Conclude your findings with the ubiquitous appeal for more grant money to study the matter further.


39 posted on 12/28/2010 7:14:05 AM PST by dagogo redux (A whiff of primitive spirits in the air, harbingers of an impending descent into the feral.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop

Step away from the Post button!


40 posted on 12/28/2010 7:18:24 AM PST by FormerLib (Sacrificing our land and our blood cannot buy protection from jihad.-Bishop Artemije of Kosovo)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: Westbrook
There were no wood stoves in the stone age.

Well, I wouldn't burn anything in a wood stove anyway. It might catch on fire.

However, 'stone age' men burned their wood in or on something, and used it not only to cook, but to provide heat. I believe they made their stoves out of rocks, instead of iron, or brick, but they had stoves.

41 posted on 12/28/2010 7:23:06 AM PST by UCANSEE2 (Lame and ill-informed post)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: Savage Beast

“Free Market is Fascism”


42 posted on 12/28/2010 7:25:30 AM PST by gitmo ( The democRats drew first blood. It's our turn now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: UCANSEE2

> Well, I wouldn’t burn anything in a wood stove anyway. It
> might catch on fire.

:)

> However, ‘stone age’ men burned their wood in or on
> something, and used it not only to cook, but to provide
> heat. I believe they made their stoves out of rocks,
> instead of iron, or brick, but they had stoves.

Yup. Stone, clay, and brick, but Ben Franklin’s steel fireplace was definitely a quantum leap in heating efficiency, though not designed for cooking.

We actually have a soapstone heating stove, as well as a cast iron one. Our water is heated in a steel stove, and our cookstove is Amish-built with steel.


43 posted on 12/28/2010 7:28:33 AM PST by Westbrook (Having children does not divide your love, it multiplies it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

To: Mich Patriot

Could be OCD


44 posted on 12/28/2010 7:28:46 AM PST by gitmo ( The democRats drew first blood. It's our turn now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: Westbrook
Reduction of the human population to what they consider to be “sustainable” is their goal.

In other words, they would be LIKE GODS, deciding who lives, who dies. Of course, THEY are always on the KEEPER list. Always.

45 posted on 12/28/2010 7:29:40 AM PST by UCANSEE2 (Lame and ill-informed post)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: Westbrook

So, you returned to the Iron Age.

: )


46 posted on 12/28/2010 7:32:59 AM PST by UCANSEE2 (Lame and ill-informed post)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

To: gitmo
Could be OCD

Original Comment Duplicates????

47 posted on 12/28/2010 7:36:17 AM PST by UCANSEE2 (Lame and ill-informed post)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

To: UCANSEE2
> In other words, they would be LIKE GODS, deciding who
> lives, who dies. Of course, THEY are always on the KEEPER
list. Always.

Memorize this little passage from Dicken's Christmas Carol. It's an exchange between the Gost of Christmas Present and old Scrooge.

Repeat it when encountering those who want to decrease the surplus population.


48 posted on 12/28/2010 7:36:46 AM PST by Westbrook (Having children does not divide your love, it multiplies it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

To: UCANSEE2

> So, you returned to the Iron Age.

Well, I guess you could say we have one foot in the stone age and one foot in the iron age.
=^D


49 posted on 12/28/2010 7:38:14 AM PST by Westbrook (Having children does not divide your love, it multiplies it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

To: goldstategop
Nervous Twittching mouse finger?
50 posted on 12/28/2010 8:01:20 AM PST by SandRat (Duty, Honor, Country! What else needs said?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-64 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson