Once part of the DuPont Headquarters complex, the Nemours Building is connected with the DuPont Building by a tunnel under the street and by an upper-level bridge.
The DuPont Building covers an entire block and is designed in a modified Italian Renaissance style. Built in phases, the yellow-brick section at Tenth and Market Streets was completed in 1907.
The building also contains the Hotel DuPont, which opened in 1913 along with the Playhouse, one of Wilmington’s most important performance venues at the time.
Part of the DuPont Headquarters complex, the DuPont Building is connected with the Nemours Building by a tunnel under the street and by an upper-level bridge.