Skip to comments.CPAC Straw Poll Ballot lists 15 potential candidates
Posted on 02/10/2011 10:20:01 AM PST by Hawk720
Lists 15 names:
Thinking ahead to the 2012 Presidential election, who would you vote for as your FIRST CHOICE to be the next Republican nominee for President? 1. Michele Bachmann, MN Representative 2. Haley Barbour, MS Governor 3. Herman Cain, Former Godfather Pizza CEO 4. Chris Christie, NJ Governor 5. Mitch Daniels, IN Governor 6. Newt Gingrich, Former House Speaker 7. Mike Huckabee, Former AR Governor 8. Jon Huntsman, Former UT Governor 9. Gary Johnson, Former NM Governor 10. Sarah Palin, Former AK Governor 11. Ron Paul, TX Representative 12. Tim Pawlenty, Former MN Governor 13. Mitt Romney, Former MA Governor 14. Rick Santorum, Former PA Senator 15. John Thune, SD Senator 16. Other _______________________ 17. Undecided
It also asks questions about most important issues, and whether or not people are happy with the potential field of candidates. It should make for interesting results.
(Excerpt) Read more at msnbcmedia.msn.com ...
Sorry for the bad formatting...I thought I had it right.
Let me guess who is packing the fudge at CPAC this year....
Romneyboys and Paulboys
IT WORKED SO WELL IN 2008, WHY NOT DO IT AGAIN?
Let’s allow the Government media to overwhelm conservative voters
with so many choices, we give up and let the Democratics select for us.
(Palm to forehead)
Eliminate all the politcians from the list and you have my choice...
Romney has his paid stooges there again, so expect him to be the winner. Followed by Paul.
1. Haley Barbour, MS Governor
2. Chris Christie, NJ Governor
3. Jim DeMint, SC Senator
This is in no particular order. Gov. Christie's love for Moslems and Illegals worries me though...
1. Michele Bachmann, MN Representative 2. Haley Barbour, MS Governor 3. Herman Cain, Former Godfather Pizza CEO 4. Chris Christie, NJ Governor 5. Mitch Daniels, IN Governor 6. Newt Gingrich, Former House Speaker 7. Mike Huckabee, Former AR Governor 8. Jon Huntsman, Former UT Governor 9. Gary Johnson, Former NM Governor 10. Sarah Palin, Former AK Governor 11. Ron Paul, TX Representative 12. Tim Pawlenty, Former MN Governor 13. Mitt Romney, Former MA Governor 14. Rick Santorum, Former PA Senator 15. John Thune, SD Senator 16. Other _______________________ 17. Undecided
1) Straw polls are generally worthless, as they generally reflect a more positive view of those who actually attend the event, and which (potential) candidate’s supporters are showing up.
2) Given the general level of “scandal” around CPAC this year regarding GOProud, the results of the straw poll will be considered tainted in any event.
3) Following from #1 and #2, the winning (potential) candidate’s supporters will crow about the results, and everyone else will say (and for good reason) that it doesn’t matter anyway.
Paul’s got some competition for the weed vote with Gary Johnson on there.
I also like Haley Barbour. I need to do some research on a few others too.
Christie has said he will not run.
GOProud is starting a write-in campaign for Trump.
“GOProud is trying to launch a write-in effort for Donald Trump in the CPAC straw poll. A man with a GOProud badge is handing out quicky fliers with Trump’s picture and telling people he’s speaking. Flyer says ‘Write in Donald Trump in the CPAC straw poll.’”
Freepers, as a group, are very politically knowledgeable, yet I would wager that up until a few weeks ago 90% of us couldn’t tell you who Huntsman or Rogers are?
His disdain for your guns ought to dismay you a bit as well.
WhistlingPastTheGraveyard, can you please show me a Constitutional authorization for the federal illegalizing of 'weed'?
Furthermore, how is it as a drug different in such a way that regulating it does NOT require a Constitutional amendment like Alcohol did with the 18th amendment?
If all you have is "because they're drugs; and drugs are bad, m'kay." then I think that's pitifully weak an argument against either of them.
Hell, if that's the worst that can be said about them then why not vote them to be President and VP?
Too bad Mitch Daniels isn’t telegenic or charismatic enough for today’s American Idol voters. He’s a decent man who is a true financial conservative and a fair social conservative.
Giver Herman Cain a look. I'll bet you like what you see. He's the real deal.
Just like they can’t ban drugs, sex, driving, marriage, working, guns, anti-aircraft missiles for kids I guess.
I especially loved how Mitch Daniels disses social conservatives, long may his two legged stool balance in the wind!!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.