Skip to comments.House votes to overthrow 'czars'
Posted on 02/17/2011 5:03:44 PM PST by Citizen X_Area 51
The House voted Thursday to dethrone nine White House czars.
Republicans successfully added an amendment to the continuing resolution that would leave President Barack Obamas senior advisers on policy issues including health care, energy and others out of a job.
(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...
just nine? aren’t there like 30?
The list, ping
Let me know if you would like to be on or off the ping list
This is something a Republican Congress SHOULD do....
Do not tolerate any more shenanigans....
Next: De-fund ObamaCare.
Good news, it’s a start.
It's a start.
How many more to go...about 40?
But, but these were the only jobs that 0bama created!
Looks like Obama got caught with his hand in the cookie czar.
Does this include defunding all their staffs, and their perks, and their offices, and their office machines, etc. etc.?
This is bs. Those are the ones that are doing the most damage. Get rid of all of them.
NO, NO, NOOOOOOOooooooo. Next defund Obama then defund ObamaCare.
It’s a start, but ALL of these unelected non-cabinet members should be fired. Let Obama pay their salaries if he can’t do without their advice.
That’s funny. :)
If we don’t tar and feather (censure) them they will czar and fetter us!
“AMENDMENT NO. 204 : At the end of the bill (before the short title), insert the following:
Sec. __. None of the funds made available by this Act may be used to pay the salaries and expenses for the following positions and their offices:
(1) Director, White House Office of Health Reform.
(2) Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change.
(3) Special Envoy for Climate Change.
(4) Special Advisor for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Council on Environmental Quality.
(5) Senior Advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury assigned to the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry and Senior Counselor for Manufacturing Policy.
(6) White House Director of Urban Affairs.
(7) Special Envoy to oversee the closure of the Detention Center at Guantanamo Bay.
(8) Special Master for TARP Executive Compensation, Department of the Treasury.
(9) Associate General Counsel and Chief Diversity Officer, Federal Communications Commission.”
An amendment was also passed today that forbids the EPA from regulating ‘dangerous’ gasses. The EPA considers CO2 a ‘dangerous’ gas. TFB, EPA.
Don't stop now -- DE-FUND the rest.
The House of Representatives "holds the purse strings" of this nation. If they refuse to fund something, it withers and dies. The members of the House, our representatives, need to be told that we expect them to de-fund certain programs and agencies; they are, after all, our representatives.
First Rule of ‘Life On The Job’ - Never, EVER, anger the wonderful folks who pay you.
Congress learned that at the last election, and being “compassionate conservatives” that they are, are now teaching Obama and the Czars.
Isn’t education wonderful?
Killed the matching funds for presidential elections too!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.