Skip to comments.Obama accused of 'double standards' as family go skiing after telling Americans to sacrifice
Posted on 02/20/2011 9:54:50 AM PST by Innovative
click here to read article
A miraculous Obama family picture in which EVERYBODY looks bad.
You are right, it couldn’t be made today.
I never heard of that show and just googled it:
from the late 70s.
This show, whatever else it was, was ahead of its time
just in that one verbal exchange.
It couldn’t be made today, because it would resonate a little too loudly with our current situation of the tail of PC arching back to bite the head of Affirmative Action; this is the element we have lived in for so long we hardly even see it anymore-—we are completely inured to it.
The ‘sacrifice’ as seen by the Family Obama, is their having to pay ANY of the costs.
There used to be a joke you’d hear around construction
sites: ‘that’s right, Tommy, YOU grunt and I’LL do the work”.
But would you see this?
Personal Staff members for other first ladies paid by taxpayers:
Mamie Eisenhower : 1 paid for personally out of President's salary
Jackie Kennedy: 1
Roseline Carter: 1
Barbara Bush: 1
Hilary Clinton: 3
Laura Bush: 1
Michele Obama: 22
How things have changed! If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Ms Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by YOU, John Q. Public:
Michele Obama's personal staff:
1.. $172,200 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary for Mrs. Obama)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lel yveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14.. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samanth a (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
(total = $1,591,200 in annual salaries)
There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense.
This show was put on right after Carter was elected. The Chief of Police was played by Victor French. Very funny show. The “redneck” on the show had a bull dog named “Faubus”. Very funny.
Was just quoting your thread to my wife and thought, hey, maybe it was called “Carter Country” because it was set in GA. and its time frame was the Carter years.....funny, though, that Carter couldn’t have been more unlike the main
character of the Sheriff.
I suspect that the next printing of Webster’s Dictionary will have the word “reparations” with a complete list of the Obama vacations & costs thereof.
They certainly think they are entitled to live high on the hog.
Wouldn’t it just chap the Obamas’ rear ends if GW Bush and Sarah Palin were invited? I don’t think they will be but it’s funny to think about just the same!
“Michelle Obama’s Personal Staff Is the Largest Of Any First Lady
Hilary Clinton: 3
Laura Bush: 1
Michele Obama: 22”
Thanks for posting this information — I had no idea it was this bad. The Obamas have total disregard for the taxpayers’ money, they regard it as their PERSONAL ATM.
There is one major difference here.
the economy was in much better shape under GWB, with unemployment never reaching over 8% during his entire 8 years in office. In fact, most of the time it hovered around 4-6 %. zero has caused much of the economic hardships in the country, so his ugly wookie of a wife doesn’t deserve all these vacations.
I’m not so sure that google is our friend, since it has come to light they are in bed with zero. take one or two vacations a year you say? the obamas take that many in a month or two.
get a new fact checker
sorry, but most conservatives don’t think this way. leadership means setting an example, not showing hypocrisy.
Oh stop it already. Compared to Obama, Malcolm X was a class act.
WTH is your problem? Facts are facts.
If you think Google is a "fact-checker", you might just be a retard, just saying.
Sorry, sport. I don't know a conservative that likes to engage in some of the class warfare that so many on this thread seem so engage in.
It's Obama's money. How he spends it is none of my business. If you don't like that he gets Secret Service protection, then say so. But, if he wants to go someplace every weekend, more power to him.
You think $5M puts Obama, or anyone, in the ranks of the "mega wealthy" or the "super rich"? Good grief.
"With all your posts just on this thread you win the Obama apologist of the year award."
I stand up for conservative principles - like spending your money in any way that you wish - even if it benefits my political opponent. You, like several others on this thread, don't apparently. I believe that's what they call hypocrisy.
“I stand up for conservative principles - like spending your money in any way that you wish “
The Obamas are spending OUR money, the TAXPAYERS’s money.
Since when is it a “conservative principle” to lavishly spend taxpayer money?
Sorry, you over did your apologizing for Obama and your slip is showing, as they say.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.