Skip to comments.Too smart for politics?
Posted on 04/30/2011 5:01:55 AM PDT by Scanian
Even for DC's worshipful press corps, Washington Post scribe Dana Mil bank's latest column was a doozy.
Hoping to explain why the president appears to be an indecisive waffler, Milbank whelped this whopper:
Obama's too smart for his own good.
That's a new one. But is it true -- is Obama too bright to be president?
Milbank consulted his tea leaves -- and a few social scientists -- to help diagnose Obama's malady:
Genius in the extreme!
"I put Obama on the couch," Milbank wrote, "and came away with a reasonably coherent diagnosis: There's too much going on in the poor guy's head."
Obama's crime is that he's "the very model of the complex thinker" -- always weighing the pros and cons of each issue, like a modern-day King Solomon.
(That is, quite unlike O's troglodyte predecessor, George W. Bush, who was presumably too busy scrawling the Patriot Act on the walls of his cave.)
Quipped one quack: "What distinguishes Obama is the depth and carefulness of his thinking, which renders him somewhat unfit for politics."
Well, if not unfit for politics, then self-evidently unsuited to policy-making.
Still, who can know for sure?
But what if the prez were to release his long-hidden college transcripts?
Hmmm . . .
(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...
Yes, the commie apparatchik-in-chief is too clever by half.
I’ll give him that.
Quite frankly, Obama is dumber than a stump.
Paralyzed by indecision? I’m more inclined to think he cannot function without his handler’s permission.
oh yea, he’s soooo supah smaht
seriously. you’d have to be a special kind of stupid to buy that bullsh*t
Milbank quoted two college profs who have seen evidence of a superior mind, which I have totally missed, claiming that Obama sees the complexities of a situation from both sides, blah, blah... as if we haven’t seen how that has worked out in his flying into the Oval Office in a lather “to shut down Gitmo” on 1/21/09 and learning “there are no shovel-ready projects” a year after betting a trillion dollars they would save the economy.
RE: special kind of stupid............Excellent, I am cracking up. Put it on my FB and I am sure it will be a big hit. Great post. Thanks for the early morning laugh.
I’d say being a Muzzie lovin Commie is what makes Barry unfit for command. But thats just me. LOL!!
1. Too ignorant to understand you cant bring this country to energy independence by only inflating tires and hoping for a miracle energy source ten years from now. It requires drilling here and now. Not just off the coast, but inland also, to obtain our own oil from shale. We also need to develop nuclear power, wind power, solar power, coal power, etc, and we need to do it NOW!
2. Too ignorant to understand you cant tax a country into prosperity.
3. Too ignorant to understand that the money the Government confiscates to give to someone else is money that will not go back into the economy to create new jobs.
4. Too ignorant to understand that:
a. Every time you raise taxes on businesses you cause businesses to raise their prices.
b. When prices are raised businesses become less competitive.
c. When businesses become less competitive they lose sales.
d. When businesses lose sales they go out of business.
e. When businesses go out of business people lose jobs and now the Government collects no taxes from either the business they have caused to close, or the people who used to have a job. This also changes people from tax payers to tax users.
f. This also makes foreign businesses with lower labor costs and less costly Government regulation to become more competitive.
g. More of your hard earned dollars now leave the country to be invested elsewhere and create new jobs elsewhere.
5. Too ignorant to understand that spending must be cut to balance the budget.
6. Too ignorant to understand that life begins at conception and abortion is murder. I challenge Obama to look at the remains of an aborted baby and tell me it isnt a human being.
7. Too ignorant to understand that most of the world only understands one thing. Power and the ability to back it up with a strong military. You cant appease tyrants.
8. Too ignorant to understand that the U.S. Constitution means exactly what it says and says exactly what it means. It is not a living document to be bent on a whim.
9. Too ignorant to understand that personal responsibility will win out over Government handouts every time.
10. Too ignorant to understand that CHOICE is more than just the ability to murder a baby. It also means true choice is schools, choice in choosing ones own career, and choice in making decisions that may cause you to succeed or fail. Choice also means you can get up and try again.
If it’s not on the teleprompter, it doesn’t exist.
If it’s not on the teleprompter, it doesn’t exist.
The New York Post apparently agrees, enough that they feel it necessary to write and publish this dribble.
The evidence of a “superior mind” is that he is a lefty just like them.
BO is definitely smarter than the people who voted for him.
JFK: " he reads 1000 words/ minute."
LBJ (I guess that would have been too much of a stretch)
Carter: "he's a nuclear engineer."
Toon: " works NYT Sunday crosswords in pen while attending cabinet meetings."
Obama: "scary smart."
Part of their lore for decades.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.