Skip to comments.Jewish Donors Outraged by 'Sociopath' Obama, Says Columnist
Posted on 05/18/2011 5:19:14 PM PDT by Nachum
If senior journalist David Goldman is right, the correct word for describing the way a growing number of US Jews feel about President Barack Obama is not 'anger' but 'rage' white-hot rage, at that, and a conviction that they have been swindled.
Goldman, Senior Editor of First Things magazine and 'Spengler' columnist for Asia Times Online, spoke last week at a convention on intellectuals and terror at Ariel University in Samaria. In his lecture, he quoted a top Jewish campaign donor who used the word 'sociopath' to describe Obama. In an interview with Israel National News, he predicted a possibly dramatic 'train wreck' for the Democrats in the November mid-term elections, with Jewish fundraising for Democrats drying up and a possibly high turnout of anti-Obama evangelical Christians.
INN: The recent McLaughlin group poll shows US Jewish support of Obama at about half its level in the 2008 election. Is this an accurate reflection of the mood among US Jews?
(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com ...
I'd say they're right.
I’m glad they’ve finally come around, but I must say I dont have a great deal of respect for the intelligence of these folks. The evidence of who Obama really is was there for anyone who had eyes, ears and a functioning brain.
I think Obama, and the Democrats, have shown that they are a little too comfortable with Israel’s existence being at risk.
No matter how far to the left a Jewish Person might be, most of them still love Israel.
I am not Jewish, but I don’t understand why any Jew would support him. He is an enemy of Israel pure and simple.
I don’t believe it.
They will still vote for (and pay for) Democrats.
I hope the worm doesn’t turn too soon.
Hopefully, they’ll just be lackluster with donations till they realize he’s the disaster that he is. Maybe October 2012.
Of all demographics, this group has consistently voted to their own detriment as well as to the detriment of the Nation.
Look at the Jews of Hollywood. No matter what is brought out about a Dem/Marxist candidate, they still vote and support him/her.
Why are they turning on Obama. Don't they want to revisit the Gas Chambers? /s
woo hoo!! Were are heading toward 30% of the Jewish vote, that and less money and enthusiasm from the other 70% is a help, not huge, but help nonetheless.
I've met many self-described Jews who are ambivalent about Israel.
“a conviction that they have been swindled
I’d say they’re right.”
No, I’d say that the socialist/collectivest/commie portion of American Jews, and that is most of them, is just angry over the economy and over Obama’s pro-Moslim behavior.
Call the Waaambulance! The “Smartest People in the World” didn’t bother to read anything about Obama before they voted their core tendency to vote Democrap.
They got what they voted for. HE really DID tell them, and all of us. So did Moochelle, remember?
My thought as well.
We wil see if they are really switching on to the new Nazis.
Hard headed people usually end up learning things the hard way!
Do we have a Jewish Conservative that can run as VP??
We can list you literally hundreds of Jewish-run organizations who are sworn to help Hamas end Israel, further the “Palestinian” cause, tear down the Israeli “Apartheid wall” and help with the Gaza flotillas.
If Mohammed is one of the most popular boys names in the world, “Vidkun” should be pretty high on the totem pole too.
Yeah, wake up American Jews. He's just another typical democrat.
Swindled how? By not being communist enough?
I don’t believe this for a second. Most of these Jews will continue to support Obama (or whoever the Dem nominee is) no matter what.
Of the ones that are usually anti-Israel, it’s often because they are secularized. They may be Jewish in their ethnicity, but they aren’t really Jewish in their heart.