Skip to comments.Fareed Zakaria: Americans Love of Founders & Constitution the Reason We Canít Learn to Be Better
Posted on 06/02/2011 5:43:30 AM PDT by Pacothecat
America Is GM Circa 1975: Obama Buddy Fareed Zakaria Bemoans Parochial Americans Love of the Founders & Constitution as the Reason We Cant Learn to Be Better Like Other Countries
If you don’t like it, go back to whereever you came from.
Didn’t he author the book, “Post-American World” that Mullah Ozero was reading during 2008 campaign?
"The Post-American World" by Fareed Zakaria -- perhaps Obama's favorite book.
Fareed Zakaria: Americans Love of Founders & Constitution the Reason We Cant Learn to Be Better
Really? Then explain how we have been better in every way since our founding, you dumba$$.
I’ve traveled all over the world and haven’t yet been inclined to stay anywhere but the United States. I’ve been in countries like the one I assume Farhead Zakaria came from to get to the United States; the inhabitants who speak English generally want two things from Americans: 1) alcoholic beverages, as good Muslims can’t be seen purchasing them; and 2) a green card giving them permanent residency in what Farhead Zakaria considers a backward looking country.
How about a list of these “better” countries so we can see where we fall short.
20) Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21) Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures.
29) Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30) Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man”.
31) Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of “the big picture”: Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
So... if we reject our OWN history and tradition and (like you idiots) accept the knucklehead Allah and his butt boy “Mo”, if we learn to murder each other, attack our neighbors, oppress women, brutalize children, close the schools, force OUR faith on EVERYONE under pain of death, observe pathological forms and limits of faux piety, disguise “our will-to-power” as faith, hate and KILL EVERYONE WHO IS NOT IDENTICAL TO US!!!!, etc. ...we will be ‘better’??????
Thanks for the one sentence post /s
Unfortunately, with the entrenched republican commissars in DC, what we've got are 2 parties: The party of really big government, that will run your entire life, and the party of just a tiny bit smaller, really big government, that will run your entire life.
Hopefully the freshman affiliated with the Tea Party MIGHT be able to begin to roll things back. They've got their work cut out for them.
Maybe we should have a Constitution like who? Dunce
“Americans don’t care what Fareed or any of his camel-loving, brethren think.”
You can say that again, twice!
Fareed, you can take your post-American B.S. back to whatever third world crap-hole you came here from. Oh, and bring obama back with you. We don’t need third-worlders here who fundamentally want to transform OUR country.
1. Repeal the 16th amendment.
2. Limit the interstate commerce clause to a negative power so that the federales can void state laws interfering with interstate commerce, but not have unlimited power to rule on anything that might affect it. That would probably clear out 2/3 of the current federal laws.
3. Article VI: "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding." The wording needs to be changed to make it clear that treaties are subordinate to the Constitution and may not be used to avoid or overrule sections of it. For example, the president should not be able to sign a treaty voiding the 2nd amendment.
4. And while I'm at it with the second amendment, the explanatory first clause "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" and either remove it or change it to something like "An armed populous, being necessary...". Too many people confuse the explanatory with restrictive and want to claim that the militia is the National Guard.
5. 14th amendment: birthright citizenship was put it so that southern states couldn't try anything sneaky to deny citizenship to former slaves based on the fact that their parents weren't citizens. Slavery is long gone and we can decide how we want to define citizenship.
6. And while we're at it with citizenship, constitutionally define what a "natural born citizen is".
7. Repeal the 16th amendment again. I think I saw it twitching.
Who is this mangy Muslim freak and WTF is he doing in America? Americans are going to be lectured to by this guy who is fresh off the banana boat?
This odoriferous Muzzie was born in Bombay India and washed up upon these shores in New Haven where he attended Yale University.
dump on Glenn Beck all you want for the gold and the crying and the all-apocalypse format, but his website is doing yeoman’s work.
Sorry to hear that. I personally know several people who immigrated here from Bombay legally and are all now loyal patriotic Americans. They are all Hindus however.
Hey Freed GO back to that cesspool your idiot inbred ancestors and people made of their country.
From the start, Zakaria reveals himself to be a liar by stating that Americans never want to change the constitution. Let me see, there are 27 amendments to the constitution. Furthermore, he sets up a straw man by saying the constitution is antiquated without specifying exactly what parts are outmoded. Somehow, I get the feeling I would not like the way Fareed Zakaria would set up the country.
He certainly did.
And perhaps Barry Zero is attempting to recreate America in the image of the book.
We don’t need to learn to be better. We were better until the likes of you and your communists lied your way to the top.
What you people have planned is ruination of the lives of all the American people.
We don’t need you or your “betters type” in charge of anything.
Now crawl back under your rock Mr. Fahreed, you muzzie, and STHU.
Mumbai, India is where Fareed Zakaria hails from.
I’m sure they’ll take him back.
If he hurries, he can make it in time for the monsoon.
Personally, I would get rid of universal suffrage and replace it with a privilege earned by serving in the armed forces or passing the same citizenship test that legal immigrants take.
If he really said that he should be deported.
Muslims and democrats (progressive commies), neither group, knows how to live a life making their own choices and being responsible for themselves. They are simply the followers who want someone else to take the load of responsibility so they can blame for their own failures. They group up and run in herds like sheep, running right over a cliff together. And then of course they are exploited by some meglomaniac spotting an opportunity to have adoring slaves.
Their leader in our White House is the most blatant example of that, but he’s just one of them. A camp following cultist who hasn’t a clue about leadership and a puppet for some meglomaniac. The only difference between him and his herd partners is that he’s a narcissistic sociopath sold on his own so-called intellectual genius. As evidenced by his need, when he gets his behind in a crack because of his inabilities, he runs to a crowd in other countries full of sheep, for applause and adoration.
We need to be concentrating on raising more of our children with a foundation from our forefathers with their dedication, belief in freedom and self-determination, and free thinkers.
We also need to instill in them to be wary of indoctrinated ideology. Remember when we were all being brainwashed to ‘think outside the box’? We all rushed to seminars to learn how to do this. It was a hoax. When I got there I discovered it was all about ‘thinking out of the box’ to form collective organizations. Like commie think tanks, unions, and community agitating. It had nothing to do with free thinking. Teach them how to spot such false concepts.
For fostering Sedition.
“They are all Hindus however.”
That’s the secret. What Fareed need, according to a Hindu friend of mine, is a really PO’d Hindu on his case. They are the most peaceful people until they get really mad then Katy bar the door.
Gosh, like all those other super successful countries that aren't like us? Which are... uh...
China? Sure, if you like working a fourteen hour shift in a factory making iPads for $0.04 cents a day, all for the joy of living in a brutal, backwards police state.
India? Sure, if getting an MBA so you can work in an Verizon call center is your ticket out of crushing poverty and into the high life.
Europe? Sure, if you like nose diving your country into a bankrupt, militarily neutered, cradle-to-grave socialist nanny state, while simultaneously importing in vast hordes of Muslim coolies who don't share your language, culture or values.
Venezuela? Should we be nationalizing our companies and closing down opposition media?
I dunno, you got me, Fareed. What country are we supposed to be emulating? Cuba? Vietnam? Monaco? Egypt? Tajikistan? Mongolia? I'm really at a loss, here? Which of these countries has had a better two hundred year run with the same government?
Or is it imaginary land we're talking about? The one where socialism is tried, and tried right, and by God, it works this time? That one?
Fareed, you missed your calling as a customer service in Delhi, telling me about great new deals while I call up to cancel my Comcast account.