Skip to comments.U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms
Posted on 06/15/2011 12:42:05 PM PDT by justlittleoleme
It may not come as surprising news to many of you that the United Nations doesnt approve of our Second Amendment. Not one bit. And they very much hope to do something about it with help from some powerful American friends. Under the guise of a proposed global Small Arms Treaty premised to fight terrorism, insurgency and international crime syndicates you can be quite certain that an even more insidious threat is being targeted our Constitutional right for law-abiding citizens to own and bear arms.
While the terms have yet to be made public, if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:
1. Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
2. Confiscate and destroy all unauthorized civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
3. Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull one single bang manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
4. Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
5. In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.
(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.forbes.com ...
Think about it, would you like to be someone who is going to go house to house finding unreported guns?
You know that's ridiculous.
This is another one of those fuzzy wuzzy feel good things the Europeans come up with to make them feel good about leaving the Naaaiiiiitives to their own devices (which involves killing each other with machetes).
There are enough brain dead unemployed liberals out there who would do anything for a buck. Ridiculous yes, but our freedoms are eroding every day under the guise of keeping us safe.
I don’t have any guns! 8^)
Party like its 1775!
What size boat was it? ; )
Pretty sure this has been posted. It’s 8 days old.
Check under the Keyword ‘Banglist’ (which this should have) all articles on guns have ‘Banglist’ noted.
When the blue helmets are marching down mainstreet, we’ll vote from the rooftops.
So you don’t think it is important enough to remind people?
Or give those who missed it to see it?
You must have missed these little gems:
I know! Freepers are all like, Dude, carry your pistol PROUDLY but when I want to pack a nuke in the bed of my truck they get all liberal on me!
(dripping sarcasm alert)
30 foot Islander. 8^)
The UN needs to get out of the US and the US out of the UN.
But, that will never happen since there is to much money to be made by members of Congress and other politicians by staying in the UN.
Gun bans work.
Look at Mexico - guns are illegal there and peace reigns throughout the land. :)
At this point very few guns are unreported, resales by orginal buyers is about all. The government has enough paperwork store with the gun sellers that they can most likely collect 80 to 90 percent.
But they couldn’t get them all on the “first wave” before the word got out and resistance organized.