“it has been going on from day one. Mistake, after mistake.” Mr. Potato Head’s
Comment 49. - First time I saw 10th Mountain Division, you guys were in southern Iraq. When I went back to visit Afghanistan, you guys were the first ones there. I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasnt receiving it posthumously.
As we all know, SSG Sal Giunta, of the 173rd Airborne, was the first living recipient (2011) of the MOH who fought in Iraq/Afganistan. SFC Jared Monti, 10th Mountain Division, was KIA in Afghanistan in 2006. He was posthumously awarded the MOH by Obama in 2009. (June 23, 2011)
* The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.
Barack Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010
* Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee which is my committee a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they dont obtain a nuclear weapon.
Barack Obama, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008. Obama was not on the Senate Banking Committee.
* The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system. Barack Obama, health care roundtable, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009
* The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesnt. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesnt know, you know, theres a reaction thats been bred in our experiences that dont go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and thats just the nature of race in our society.
Barack Obama, 2008 campaign
* What I was suggesting youre absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith
Barack Obama interview with ABCs George Stephanopoulos who corrected him: on his Christian faith.
* On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes and I see many of them in the audience here today our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.
Barack Obama, Memorial Day commemoration,
* Im always worried about using the word victory, because it invokes this notion of Emperor Hirohito coming down and signing a surrender to MacArthur. Barack Obama, July, 2009 on Iraq
* Ive now been in 57 states I think one left to.
Obama 2008 campaign event, Beaverton, OR
* Its not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who arent like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
Obama on the working class at SF fundraiser, 2008
* In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died an entire town destroyed.
Barack Obama, 2007 campaign speech on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people.
* I think when you spread the wealth around, its good for everybody.
Barack Obama defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber , Toledo, OH, Oct. 12, 2008
* The Cambridge police acted stupidly.
Barack Obama, commenting on a white police officers arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr ., at a news conference, July 22, 2009.
President Obamas next job starting 2013, Vegas lounge comedian
NO cheers, unfortunately.
did he fail to spell the word "potato" correctly?
That upsets the media you know.
I'm stealing that list.