Skip to comments.TEA PARTY CANDIDATE FOR CONGRESS [Craig Huey CA] HE CAN WIN!
Posted on 07/12/2011 10:09:05 AM PDT by Syncro
TEA PARTY CANDIDATE FOR CONGRESS
So when I was beginning my career as a young aide to Governor Ronald Reagan, there were a group of conservative young people who were all stalwart supporters people like Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, Craig Huey and others who were the real ground troops for Reagans campaign.
Now, Craig is a successful businessman and still the solid conservative. Just last month he was in Washington DC and spoke at the Americans for Tax Reform Wednesday meeting to over 100 different conservative groups. He was introduced by our old friend, Congressman Rohrbacher.
Craig articulated so beautifully why he has stayed active in politics and is determined to bring prosperity back to America.
His opponent is another typical far-out liberal. The only budget cuts she can come up with are cutting the defense budget. The last thing we need is another liberal who is willing to compromise American security and turns a blind eye to the fiscal mess we have in Washington. That is why it is so important we rally behind Craig in these final few days before the Special Election.
The far left, anti-military folks supporting LA City Councilwomans Janice Hahn are putting up a tough benchmark to meet. Hollywood and the old east coast leftist elites have provided her campaign with a $1,000,000 war chest.
Hahns big donors are lobbyists and developers for companies that make money off lucrative contracts with the City of Los Angeles (on which Hahn is a council member). No doubt they are licking their teeth at some more huge spending expected to come if Hahn becomes congresswoman. The only thing she wants to cut is our military!
With big money coming in from people like Bill Clinton and George Soros and his affiliated groups, we have to work extra hard to help Craig Huey close the gap in the polls! The race started out with the Democrat far ahead, but Craigs hard work has turned it into a toss-up. What we do in these final few days will determine whether we win or lose. Please help bring a real Reagan tea party Republican to Washington.
CRAIG HUEY IS THE TEA PARTY CANDIDATE!
DONT LET LIBERAL JANICE HAHN WIN
Tea Party Express
8795 Folsom Boulevard, Suite 103
Sacramento, CA 95826-3720
That would throw a jolt in to the RATS. It has got to be rigged though.
I’ll be staying up to see what happens tonight. He does have a real chance. Early vote shows that Huey voters are highly motivated.
LOL, the leftists rig every election!
The GOP has got to get on the ball and stop voter fraud.
Here is how Huey got on the ballot:
More at the link
- by Judy M.
- May 18, 2011
It looks like there was a major upset in yesterdays special election in Southern California to replace Democratic Representative Jane Harmon (pictured above), who resigned from Congress to run a think tank.
One Democrat, One Republican In Runoff
In the overwhelmingly Democratic-leaning 36th District, Republican Craig Huey has apparently captured one of the spots for the July 12 runoff.
Thats because this election is the first test of the states new open primary system, sometimes referred to as the jungle system, in which all candidates run in a primary and the top two vote-getters regardless of party meet in a runoff if no one wins outright. (Louisiana has the same political system.)
First Test Of Open Primary System
From The Los Angeles Times:
With all of the election night ballots counted late Tuesday, Huey squeaked past California Secretary of State Debra Bowen, a Democrat, by 206 votes.
SFGate.com has this.. Go Huey!!
Tight finish possible in SoCal U.S. House race
Democrat Janice Hahn is the favorite in a Southern California congressional election Tuesday, but the likelihood of a meager turnout, combined with widespread voter anxiety over the economy, could make for a tight finish.
by Robin M. July 11, 2011
Is the California special election on Tuesday about to become a photo finish? Pundits are calling the House race, which is in a normally strong Democratic district, appears to be unusually competitive, pointing to the possibility of an upset by Tea Party businessman Craig Huey.
The Washington Post states:
Despite a commanding 18-point registration edge for Democrats in the district, tallies of mail-in ballots suggest a potentially tight finish. Hahn remains the favorite, but the likelihood of a paltry turnout in a mid-summer special election means a small number of votes could swing the result.
In a state with double-digit unemployment, a housing crisis and government budget problems voters are cranky and dont feel good about whats going on, said veteran Democratic consultant Bill Carrick.
Also unusual in this race, a total lack of party identification by both candidates. Although Janice Hahn has peppered the airwaves with commercials drawing parallells between Huey and Sarah Palin and other Tea Party candidates, shes been conspicious in not mentioning herself as the Democrat in the race. Huey and his supporters, too, have been laying off of party ID, especially in a series of new radio ads meant to convince female voters to just not vote.
Will this be the next Scott Brown moment, or another Kathy Hochul-esque victory? Two wins in a row for Democrats could signal a new shift coming into the 2012 elections, and no doubt the Republicans would be more than happy to see that sort of momentum crushed with a Huey win.
- How optimistic should Republicans be about tomorrows special election in Californias 36th House district? The good news is that GOP challenger Craig Huey who wasnt even expected to make the runoff has a fighting chance against Democratic Los Angeles city councilwoman Janice Hahn. Washington Republicans think Democrats are getting nervous, the turnout numbers for Republicans and Democrats in the early vote are surprisingly even, and the fundraising numbers were also surprisingly even at the end of June. All of this is occurring in a district that scores D+12 in the Cook Partisan Voting Index, that Obama carried with...
- OUTRAGE: HAHN CAMPAIGN USED WW2 HERO'S NAME AND PICTURES WITHOUT PERMISSION! The Janice Hahn campaign has sunk to new lows! In a desperate last minute mail drop that hit residents over the weekend attempting to mislead voters and give them the impression that Hahn received an endorsement from a well known local WW2 veteran. The claim was a complete lie, the veteran in question never endorsed Hahn and the use of his pictures was unauthorized. Representatives issued the following statement making it clear that Hahn did NOT have his support! "The Hahn campaign has been told repeatedly, both verbally and via email, that Louis Zamperini does not wish to endorse...
- If you thought Scott Brown taking the late Ted Kennedys senate seat in Massachusetts was the biggest political upset you would ever see, you could be wrong, as a Republican is making strong strides to represent Venice Beach. Democrats often roll up landslide victories for their candidates in coastal California, especially in the 36th Congressional District, which runs from the famous Venice boardwalk through the beaches south of Los Angeles International Airport. In a season of turbulent politics, a little-noticed runoff election Tuesday for the House seat vacated by former Democratic Rep. Jane Harman has become unusually competitive. Supporters for...
- Republican Craig Huey is looking to pull off an upset of the year in Tuesdays race for a Southern California House seat a contest in which few expected him to seriously compete. If he prevails, he will have done so largely without the help of his would-be GOP congressional colleagues. As of Friday afternoon, just seven House Republicans had contributed to Hueys campaign. House Speaker John Boehner, a prolific fundraiser and donor, has yet to cut Huey a check. Nor has the No. 2 House Republican, Majority Leader Eric Cantor. The same goes for House GOP Conference Chairman Jeb...
- Janice Hahn, congressional candidate in the special election to replace Democrat Jane Harmon in California's 36th District, is under fire for new charges that she used her position as a city councilwoman to funnel money to gang members and criminals in an effort to "keep the peace" between warring gangs in her Los Angeles district. This devastating report by the local Fox affiliate in Los Angeles comes just a few days before the special election.
This website will have results, etc after 8pm
I sent a donation last night. Can’t wait for the vote count to start coming in.
I have been following this race for weeks. Yes, it’s a long shot, but, Huey can pull it out!!! Just sorry the Pubbie leadership and we “rank & file did not support Craig Huey enough and help get all our folks in CA36 to get out and vote. Just remember, if Huey pulls this out or, just comes close its a major victory for the good guys and horrible news for POTUS & America Destroyer, Barack Hussein Obama and his Anti-American Democrat Party!!! Good folks in CA36, please get out and vote for Craig Huey and the American Republic!!!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.