Skip to comments.Wayne: No more ‘Fast & Furious’
Posted on 07/25/2011 11:08:12 PM PDT by Rabin
Earl Anthony Tony Wayne said Wednesday that if he is confirmed to be the next U.S. ambassador to Mexico, he will do everything possible to prevent the reoccurrence of covert operations such as Fast and Furious".
In response to questions:
There has been criticism over the level of violence, but I have not heard of an alternative strategy that would allow us to keep moving forward,
Wayne was nominated June 9, after Carlos Pascual submitted his resignation on March 19 due to tensions with Felipe Calderón after WikiLeaks published some of Pascuals correspondance which criticized Mexicos efforts to combat drug cartels.
Sen. Bob Menendez, "given the urgency of having an ambassador in Mexico, the proceedings would be conducted as fast as possible."
(Excerpt) Read more at thenews.com.mx ...
May be some question about "covert operations" on US side of the line also.
They should be deported Fast and Furious.
He would not be informed by BATFE, so exactly how would he prevent them doing it again?
Only 8% of smuggled guns came from the U.S., maybe Mex. should stop blaming US and work on stopping the other 92%!
Holder and Zero need to br impeached for this, “fast and furious”. Of course The Ministry of Truth seems to think this is nothing, so...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.