Skip to comments.McCain says he'll 'swallow hard' and support deal
Posted on 08/01/2011 5:59:26 AM PDT by rabscuttle385
WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. John McCain says he'll vote for compromise legislation averting a government default, although "I will probably have to swallow hard."
(Excerpt) Read more at sacbee.com ...
A party on the way to oblivion.
With McInsane, the jokes just write themselves.
Well, McLame, join the club, then. That’s pretty much what I had to do when I voted for YOU.
Personally, I had to hold my nose. McCain was a throw-away candidate. Loser.
McCain can always be counted on to stab the right wing in the back. He should never be left off the list of RHINOs.
After he bends over - eh?
I always knew McCain was a worthless RINO.
It’s just that this past week I’ve been slapped in the face with it really, really hard.
What I can’t figure out is how he ever got the nomination for president. I sometimes think the PTB in the pub party want to lose every so often, hence Dole, McCain, and the latest one they are trying to foist on us Mittcare Romney.
Estimado Juan McBlame ... tragate esto!!
If Obama and McCain are for it, you probably don’t want it.
But, he is the Prince of Arizona. Each time they have a chance to return him to the Senate, they do. He may have his warts, but there are those who love him. Namely the voters of Arizona.
Well, you worthless Soviet RINO dementia-dullard.....
..... Stop engaging in oral relations with Obama, and you might not need to swallow so much.
McInsane doesn’t like it? Good reason to support it.
He needs to stop talking. FOX should quit giving him air time.
“Namely the voters of Arizona.”
True. Doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t hate him though.
Of course it will bother him voting for it as there was no “grand bargain” that included massive tax increases. Mccain lost to bush which was sad enough until he was the best loser the GOP primary voters could come up with to go against obama. I’m sick of hearing about him and his daughter; it’s always something against the tea party, against the GOP, or against common sense in general.
“I will probably have to swallow hard.”
McLame, try Hemlock.
McLame in his Tea Party mea culpa on Fox slipped up when he got flustrated and said the Tea Party gave us candidates like Christine O’Donnell. I submit the GOP and fossils like McLame gave us totally unqualified a$$e$ like Obama and Chris Coons.
” Well, you worthless Soviet RINO dementia-dullard.....”
Hey, that was pretty good!
While on his knees....
Make sure you use kneepads, Juan.
What is this man's problem? I don't get his thinking. Seems like he tries to be sincere. But then again, he could just be another typical two-faced flip-flopping self-serving politician. What are the odds of that? 1 to 1?
Somehow the idea of a $20 Hooker came to mind. LOL
John McCain finds a point of commonality with your average street whore and for about the same price.
Why are we hearing so much recently, from McCain?
The dweeb is not trying to run again is he?
That needs to be opposed.
He sure acted like he loved the Tea Party during his last campaign.
From the linked article:
he's concerned about the impact of the deficit-reduction deal on defense spending.Seems a nonsense reason to me, because the House and Senate are allowed to reject whatever the tax-'em-more commission comes up with; just as they are free to reject proposals that filter through house and senate committees.
Well Juan, I voted for Sarah Palin, not for a RINO like you.
Damn....those politicians suckered me in again. Good job, boys. Looks like 2012 is shaping up to be the big fight. May just take a few months off until the FY2012 budget debate and the Republican Presidential Candidate debates.
Really - swallow hard. What is that like the - check is in the mail.
What a flipping idiot.
There needs to be a purge of “politicians” in the primaries and general election. I wish the other party consider doing the same. Until the DumbocRATs figure it out, we’re stuck with the same solutions that will destroy our economy.
From this AM’s TN Eagle Forum alerts, sorry no link.
BOTH CHAMBERS HAVE REACHED AN AGREEMENT
From the Speaker Boehner’s office outlining the debt limit deal:
Emerging framework has three main features:
(1) cuts government spending more than it increases the debt limit;
(2) implements spending caps to restrain future spending;
(3) advances the cause of a Balanced Budget Amendment Framework accomplishes this without tax hikes, which would destroy jobs, while preventing a job-killing national default.
No Tax Hikes
· Same as House-passed bill, the framework includes no tax hikes.
· Requires baseline to be current law, effectively making it impossible for Joint Committee to increase taxes.
Cuts that Exceed the Debt Hike
· Same as House-passed bill, framework includes spending cuts that exceed the amount of the increased debt authority granted to POTUS.
· Would cut & cap discretionary spending immediately, saving $917B over 10 years (certified by CBO) & raise the debt ceiling by less $900B to approximately February.
· Before debt ceiling can be raised, Congress and the president must enact spending cuts of a larger amount first.
Caps to Control Future Spending
· As in House-passed bill, framework imposes spending caps that would set clear limits on future spending & serve as barrier against govt expansion while economy grows.
· Failure to remain below these caps triggers automatic across-the-board cuts (sequestration). Same mechanism used in 1997 Balanced Budget Agreement.
Balanced Budget Amendment
· Same as House-passed bill, framework requires both House & Senate to vote on a BBA after Oct. 1, 2011 but before the end of year.
· Similar to House-passed bill, framework authorizes POTUS to request second tranche of debt limit increase of $1.5T if:
o Joint Committee cuts spending by greater amount than the requested debt limit hike, OR
o A Balanced Budget Amendment is sent to the states.
· Creates incentive for previous opponents of a BBA to now support it.
Entitlement Reforms and Savings
· Same as House-passed bill, framework creates a 12-member Joint Committee required to report legislation by November 23, 2011 that would produce a proposal to reduce the deficit by at least $1.5T over 10 years.
· Each chamber would consider Joint Committee proposal on an up-or-down basis without any amendments by December 23, 2011.
· If Joint Committees proposal is enacted OR if a Balanced Budget Amendment is sent to the states, POTUS would be authorized to request a debt limit increase of $1.5T.
Entitlement Reforms and Savings
· Sets up a new sequestration process to cut spending across-the-board and ensure that any debt limit increase is met with greater spending cuts IF Joint Committee fails to achieve at least $1.2T in deficit reduction.
· If this happens, POTUS may request up to $1.2T for a debt limit increase, and if granted, then across-the-board spending cuts would result that would equal the difference between $1.2T and the deficit reduction enacted as a result of Joint Committee.
· Across-the-board spending cuts would apply to FYs 2013-2021, and apply to both mandatory & discretionary programs.
· Total reductions would be equally split between defense and non-defense programs. Across-the-board cuts would also apply to Medicare. Other programs, including Social Security, Medicaid, veterans, and civil & military pay, would be exempt.
· Sequestration process is designed to guarantee that Congress acts on the Joint Committees legislation to cut spending.
[”I will probably have to swallow hard.”]
How bad can you get if you have to steal Bawney Fwank’s lines.
Me to, what is it with these wealthy millionaires and bad teeth? I’ve been ‘poor’ all my life, and have better looking teeth than those, a decent pair of choppers, high end are about $3,000. Ever notice he grimices, and not smiles?
So McLame is giving Obama a birthday present too eh?
What happened to the War Hero who would not surrender?
Now he surrenders before the vote is even taken!
Why did he allow the Press to turn him into a sniveling, boot licking, appeaser?
Indeed. If he only...