Skip to comments.Dream Act: Obama passes amnesty by a back door ICE directive
Posted on 08/04/2011 10:47:10 PM PDT by ebysan
Last Friday, with no fanfare, no press coverage, and with every effort made to hide his actions from the American people, President Obama snuck through the spirit of the DREAM Act via an ICE memo.
Opposed by a majority of the American people and" twice defeated" in Congress, the DREAM Act grants amnesty to any illegal alien residing in the United States if s/he agrees to enlist in the U.S. military or enter college.
The Obama administration memo to John Morton, Director of I.C.E. (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) directs I.C.E. agents now to use prosecutorial discretion with regard to enforcing immigration laws. Director Morton says that Obama Administration policy directs border patrol agents not to enforce immigration laws: When ICE favorably exercises prosecutorial discretion, it essentially decides not to assert the full scope of the enforcement authority available to the agency.
You read that right. According to the Obama administration favorable enforcement means "NOT"enforcing the law!
(Excerpt) Read more at teapartytribune.com ...
No doubt ACORN or new name counterparts will be out signing up those illegal aliens, who couldn’t get into a college, into some bogus college set up by dems.
Unless Rush picks this up, this isn’t going to see the light of media.
This is willful and malicious subversion. It is a highly impeachable offence. Boner will just get drunk with Obama, and ignore it.DeMint & Bachmann will scream to a deaf audience. The end.
“This is willful and malicious subversion. It is a highly impeachable offence.”
At the very least he should be held in contempt of Congress and it shows Obama’s contempt for American People they represent! Congress has voted this down twice!
Ditto on post no. 10
I have never hated a President before this a$$hole!
I have a better idea.
Here's one path to citizenship:
(1) Go back the country you came from, the one where you hold legal citizenship.
(2) Come back legally.
This approach has several advantages:
(1) It does not involve deception, force, trespass, or fraud, or all of the above on the part of your parents. I.e., it's lawful.
(2) It's equitable. It puts you back on the same "Square One" that every other would-be legal immigrant starts out on: in the country of origin.
(3) It brings families together. In Lindo Michoacan.
(4) It highlights the option of either staying in the country of origin, where --- for example, in Mexico--- the unemployment rate is 4.9%, or taking the lawful steps to come back to the USA (where the unemployment rate is 9.4%)
(5) You'll feel a lot better about yourself, since you'll be playing by the rules.
And I won't even ask for a consultant fee.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.