Skip to comments.Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'
Posted on 09/01/2011 11:34:40 AM PDT by americanophile
A top lawmaker in the Congressional Black Caucus says tea partiers on Capitol Hill would like to see African-Americans hanging from trees and accuses the movement of wishing for a return to the Jim Crow era.
Rep. Andre Carson, a Democrat from Indiana who serves as the CBCs chief vote counter, said at a CBC event in Miami that some in Congress would love to see us as second-class citizens and some of them in Congress right now of this tea party movement would love to see you and me ... hanging on a tree.
Carson also said the tea party is stopping change in Congress, likening it to the effort that were seeing of Jim Crow.
The explosive comments, caught on tape, were uploaded on the Internet Tuesday, and Carsons office stood by the remarks. Jason Tomcsi, Carsons spokesman, said the comment was in response to frustration voiced by many in Miami and in his home district in Indianapolis regarding Congresss inability to bolster the economy. Tomcsi, in an email, wrote that the congressman used strong language because the Tea Party agenda jeopardizes our most vulnerable and leaves them without the ability to improve their economic standing.
(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...
It’s true, he said it.
Pure desperation, its what they use when they have nothing else..their own party is deserting them in groves, so they pull this crap to pull them right back in. The Race card, played from the bottom of the deck, its really pathetic but what more can they do, they have nothing else
Rush discussing this right now...
And frankly, if I really want to see his supporters hanging from trees, I can visit Gary, Indiana on any Friday night on a Welfare Check Weekend.
Usually with bullet holes in them, that no one ever admits they saw happen.
Well, Congressman Race Baiter - YOUR party was in charge for three years with NO opposition - and it's the TEA Party's fault that your government-entitled constituents don't have a better life?
I sincerely hope that there are calls for this man’s resignation. If Trent Lott has to go for wishing Strom Thurmond a happy birthday, than this kind of filthy rhetoric has no place. RESIGN!
It’s not my fault the search function didn’t work.
A member of a group that specifically excludes all but race formed to advance the interests of that one race even to the detriment of others is accusing a multi-racial group promoting the interests of all Americans of being racist. I won’t hold my breath waiting for the CNNs of the world to notice.
should be “all but one” race.
Actually, Andre, you're contributing mightily to that process yourself.
You and Maxine and Obama are making Americans sit up and notice that you are not one of us. And, then, after you go and accuse productive black Americans of being "Uncle Toms"...I am thinking 2nd class might be a little too high.
How about steerage?
Black democrats rape white women.
Meanwhile, let’s not mention Obama and what HE’s done for the black community.
Thanks for posting. We need to keep the spotlight on this race-baiting pimp.
I find KW search doesn’t work too well, but Title search usually does.
This is the same guy who made up the story about tea partiers hurling racist slurs against Rep John Lewis during the infamous walk outside the capitol.
Oh noes ... a return to the awful “Jim Crow.”
Well, let’s see -
(1) In the “Jim Crow era,” 35,000 white women weren’t being raped by blacks in 2005, in a single year, and the media actually reported on stories like that.
(2) In the “Jim Crow era,” Detroit was actually a major city and industrial powerhouse, whereas today it has been destroyed by black people and mayors like Kwame Kilpatrick.
(3) In the “Jim Crow era,” it was still possible to live in our major cities in the South like New Orleans, Birmingham, Memphis, Richmond, and Atlanta, which have been run into the ground by decades of black majority rule.
Back then, black people couldn’t get away with burning down Los Angeles, or terrorizing people in Chicago, or holding the U.S. Congress up for ransom.
(4) In the “Jim Crow era,” North Carolina was a place like Mayberry. It was safe. There were wholesome values. Families sent their children to quality schools. Flash mobs didn’t terrorize white people on the streets. Gangbangers didn’t sell drugs to teenagers in the integrated public schools.
(5) In the “Jim Crow era,” Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were not taken seriously, and MLK was regarded as a communist and a fraud by J. Edgar Hoover, and Maxine Waters, Jim Clyburn, and this idiot were not in the U.S. Congress.
(6) In the “Jim Crow era,” Barack Hussein Obama wasn’t president, and a race hustler like Eric “My People” Holder wasn’t in charge of the Justice Department, and the NAACP wasn’t taken seriously.
(7) In the “Jim Crow era,” it was okay to be White, whereas in Black Run Amerika being white is something to apologize for and be ashamed of, whereas every single other race (including homosexuals) - blacks in particular - are encouraged by the mainstream media to revel in their racial identity.
(8) In the “Jim Crow era,” America was the most powerful nation in the world in the 1950s, but after fifty years of Black Run Amerika the U.S. economy is about to plunge off the cliff of world history.
Please forgive me.
I don’t think we have made much progress here. If there has been progress, I haven’t seen it. What is progress? Don Lemon on CNN? Al Sharpton on MSNBC? Barack Hussein Obama in the White House?
Every single city in America has named a damn highway after Martin Luther King, Jr. He has been given his own federal holiday. The Confederate flag and Christianity are attacked 24/7/365 days a year.
The black family has been shattered under LBJ’s welfare state. Black Run Amerika is so racist that black people benefit from affirmative action, mandatory diversity training, speech codes, TANF welfare, the EBT card, the WIC, free government cell phones, Section 8 housing, the Pigford settlement for the non-existent black farmers.
Please let me have a debate with this idiot on the floor of Congress. I would bury him under the House of Representatives.
“Tea party wants blacks ‘hanging on a tree’”
Congressional Black Democrats are talentless, ignorant, semi-civilized, parasitic, racist thieves.
Now, which of those two statements contains more truth?