Skip to comments.Poll: 81% say Obama economic policies not working
Posted on 09/06/2011 5:17:01 AM PDT by markomalley
There's a lot of terrible news for President Obama in new polls by the Washington Post-ABC News and the Wall Street Journal-NBC News. The number of Americans who say the country is on the wrong track has risen to its highest level since just before Obama took office -- into what one commentator calls the "incumbent death zone." His job approval rating is down. The number of people who disapprove of his handling of the economy is rocketing upward. And then there is this question, asked by the Post-ABC:
Do you think Obama's economic program is making the economy better, making it worse, or having no real effect?
Just 17 percent say the president's program is making the economy better, while 34 percent say Obama's program is making the economy worse and 47 percent say it is having no real effect. Combine those last two numbers, and 81 percent say the Obama economic program is not working -- a devastating number in a country in which economic concerns top all other issues in voters' minds.
As far as the traditional right-track/wrong-track question is concerned, 77 percent of those surveyed by the Post-ABC say the country is on the wrong track, while just 20 percent say it is on the right track. The last time that number was so high in the Post-ABC poll was January 16, 2009, on the eve of Obama's inauguration, when 78 percent of those surveyed said the country was on the wrong track. If Obama does not reverse the trend in the wrong-track number, it could approach the levels it reached in the last months of the George W. Bush administration, when it topped 80 percent.
As for opinion on how Obama is handling the economy, 62 percent disapprove of his job performance on economic issues in the new Post-ABC poll, while just 36 percent approve. In the Journal-NBC poll, those numbers are 59 percent disapproval versus 37 percent approval. Finally, on the question of general job approval, Obama is down to 43 percent approval in the Post-ABC poll and 44 percent in the Journal-NBC poll. His disapproval ratings are 53 percent and 51 percent, respectively.
All that adds up to a president in major trouble as he faces re-election next year.
They will change their mind when he gives that speech.
Don't forget that liberals at MSNBC are claiming that the high unemployment is proof that the stimulus worked, except all those Obama 'tax cuts' in the stimulus maybe.
Dead Man Walking ....and Talking
And the other 19% understand that they are indeed “working” just as they want them to.
So, 81% of Americans recognize failure when it’s in their faces.
What planet are the 19% who think they are sitting on?
This is remarkable.
There were, previously, 19% of Americans who are delusional beyond hope (Rasmussen poll). Obama is their boyfriend, thus Obama can do no wrong in their eyes.
The fact that Obama has lost 2% of this type of person is huge. It moves the delusional factor back to 17%.
The planet of inner city.
At what percentage does it become irrefutable that they are working AGAINST the will of the people?
Alex, I’ll take “The Bleedin’ Obvious” for a thousand...
The 19% likely consist of hard core Marxists, minorities who support Obama solely because he is Black, those who still believe it is still all George Bush’s fault, labor union leaders and total idiots.
DJIA down 270 out of the gate and they’re bound to run out of fake good news and or PPT money to prop it up eventually.
This poll is a set-up. After Obama’s ‘incredible’ and ‘historic’ speech Thursday, a poll will show that now 81% believe he is on the right track. The LSM will carry on and on over this remarkable turnaround.
They’ll try, but, we’re about to the point where reality overtakes bullshit.
Despite their accurate assessment of Obama’s policies, about 43% still approve of him. Apparently, successfully being diverse is far more important than being competent.
Simple...the Planet of the Bloodsucking Leeches.
“PowerPoint” money? Is that like Monopoly money?
More or less, yes.
What? Half of the American people think Obama's crazy spending and socialist policies are having no effect on this dreadful economy?
We're doomed. With so many economic morons, it is impossible for the republic to survive!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.