Skip to comments.Australian school curriculum to force acceptance of multiculturalism
Posted on 09/06/2011 4:58:06 PM PDT by Altura Ct.
SCHOOL students are being targeted in a major new push to force acceptance of multiculturalism by "embedding" it in the national curriculum.
Young Australians will be trained in "cultural competency" during classes as part of the Gillard Government's plan to boost support for multiculturalism and outlaw negative attitudes.
Thousands of teachers have been surveyed about how the policy is working and to uncover racism under special research entitled "Rethinking Multiculturalism/Reassessing Multicultural Education".
The Government's multi-pronged plan also involves sending 40 "People of Australia Ambassadors" into the community to spruik the benefits of multiculturalism and a new offensive against racism.
The Gillard Government, responding to 10 recommendations made by the Australian Multicultural Advisory Council, has agreed multiculturalism should be infused in the high school curriculum.
Australian teenagers should "understand and appreciate the value of other cultures", the Government has decided.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.com.au ...
That lowering of ones self does not work, a healthy society the smart and strong always rise to the top unfettered,except here .
The Dumbing down By Government force has had negative results across the board,Affirmative Action has done more to push the destruction of this place than anything else ever devised by man.
I can’t wait until they start putting missionaries into pots.
I hope Aussies fight that tooth and nail. Brainwashing children is never a good idea. It’s led to our downfall (the election of Obama).
In the end, they will love Big Brother.
Cultural Marxism alert!
The Marxist have succeeded. I used to think that once people saw it for what it was they would revolt and stand up to protect their hearth and heritage. However what I didn’t ever contemplate was that the indoctrination could be so complete as to convince most whites to willingly destroy themselves and the civilization they built.
They have convinced most whites that we have no right to exist and in fact don’t exist.
How do you "outlaw negative attitudes?"
Send people with "negative attitudes" to the gulags?
Oops. That's probably next.
A great opportunity for the political opposition. Simply make a promise that if they become the new government, schools will be used for education, not political indoctrination. Then add, if the left wants to indoctrinate their own children, fine, let them do it with their own, not the taxpayer’s money.
Schools should be for learning, not propaganda. What an easy sell.
Hey, it’s working out great in England!
Pinging our resident Australian teacher...
Outlaw negative attitudes, what?
In all honesty, this isn't going to make much difference to what goes on in Australian schools. At the moment each state and territory already has its own curriculum and most of them already contain these types of statements and they have for years. For example, Victoria, where I am, uses a curriculum called VELS (Victorian Essential Learning Standards) and it has this tho say on the issue of multiculturalism.
Multiculturalism is an integral part of the VELS and covers a range of knowledge, skills, values and behaviours including:
* The diversity of Australians
* Changing Australian identity
* Intercultural understanding
* Cultural similarities and differences of people in Australia, the Asia-Pacific region and globally
* The histories of cultural groups which make up the Australian nation
* The histories and cultures of other peoples in a range of other places and times
* Increasing global interconnections of people and nations
* Principles and values which underpin a harmonious, pluralistic democracy including equality, fairness and respect
* Changing Australian policy and values over time in relation to immigration, citizenship and rights
* Social and cultural factors which influence the development of identity
* Initiation and maintenance of positive social relationships with a range of people in a range of contexts
* Exploration of a range of perspectives and review and reflection about beliefs and assumptions
* Recognition of a range of opinions and using evidence to justify opinions
* Connections between language and culture and the influence of culture in students lives
* Culturally appropriate values, responses and behaviour
* Exploration and creation of various forms of cultural expression.
Examples of the elements of the standards that can be addressed through the teaching of multiculturalism is provided in a table for each VELS level.
So the reality is, what's going to happen under the new National Curriculum isn't new at all. It's just going to be mandated at a Federal level, instead of a State level.
Take a look at this page - which gives more practical advice to teachers about the way the VELS statement and others like it that I just posted should be translated into the classroom.
Most of what is there, I don't find particularly objectionable as a conservative (I don't like the constant mention of specific cultural groups when they could just say 'all people' and the specific examples they use of groups such as 'trade unions' when they could just as easily use the Australian Defence Force as an example) but most of it is fine. It actually leads to a pretty decent civics curriculum.
The problem is not the curriculum. It's the teachers. Most of our teachers are left wing and while not all teacher politicise their classroom a lot do. And they'll do it whatever the curriculum says.
Wonderful.....and they can use our very own Zero as a prime example of how well it all works.