Wrong mixture of common cleaning supplies produced chlorine gas?
Fumes at McDonald's leave 2 unconscious, sicken 9
Nine people were taken to a hospital after firefighters found two customers unconscious inside a bathroom and others struggling to breathe at a McDonald's restaurant outside Savannah, authorities said.
One of the customers who was found unconscious in the restroom was listed in critical condition Wednesday afternoon at Memorial Medical Center in Savannah, Pooler Fire Chief Wade Simmons said.
Simmons said the firefighters who first arrived smelled an unusual odor, and the restaurant was evacuated. He said people were complaining of difficulty breathing.
At least 20 people, including three Pooler firefighters who responded to the restaurant, were decontaminated by a hazardous materials team as a precaution, Simmons said.
Officials suspect cleaning chemicals in the restroom are to blame, but a specific cause had not been determined, Simmons said.
The restaurant is near I-95 and U.S. 80 in Pooler. The town is about 10 miles west of downtown Savannah.
A McDonald's representative at the company's Illinois headquarters was trying to obtain further information about the incident.
We peons will never know.
Mixing two common household/bathroom cleansers WILL generate poisonous gas;we had a new janitor nearly kill himself that way.And the management of an upscale restaraunt removed and banned one of those from their stores,because if only one of the two are used,either is perfectly safe.Mixing the two is disastrous.
Michael Moore farted?
Hope it wasn’t the special sauce.
There are other similar reports out there. Too early to tell with this story, it could be an accident, I certainly hope it is.
An 80-year-old Florida woman died Thursday after falling victim to fumes at a McDonald's restaurant in Pooler, Ga., the Associated Press reports. Anne Felton and her husband were customers at the restaurant, from which 10 people were taken to a hospital.
Where is Pooler?
Location near a port. Someone testing a shipment? If this is not an accident, a real problem is traveling away from this region. Hope there is a handle on what happened quick.
Custodian poured bleach on top of Drano? Phosgene is a bitch!
Hope this is a cleaning accident and nothing more...
Haven’t eaten at a McD’s in years. If they brought back the Big Mac For $1 special they used to have (what...10yrs ago?), I’d head there on foot right now.
Another link for this incident ... http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/08/2396439/woman-sickened-by-fumes-at-ga.html