Skip to comments.Darrell Issa: DOJ's ATF 'Mexican Grenade Scandal' mirrors "Fast and Furious"
Posted on 09/09/2011 3:10:17 PM PDT by marktwain
Congressman Darrell Issa, a Republican from California who chairs the House Committee of Oversight and Government Reform, was on hand at Fox News to provide details this afternoon, September 7, of an operation referred to as the Mexican Grenade Scandal. It was described by Issa as yet another operation in the ongoing scandal ATF - with troubling similarities to "Operation Fast and Furious. "
Issa acknowledged that, "It's good to rack up the higher rankings," adding, "but you can't do it on the back of dead Americans or Mexicans."
The facts of the Mexican Grenade Scandal as explained by Issa:
* ATF had in custody a dangerous explosives expert, "up to his neck in grenades and explosive devices, 116 grenades and parts; supplying explosives to a cartel."
* ATF wanted to arrest him.
* The DOJ and senior prosecutor allowed the man to go, with the intention of watching him in the hopes of catching someone higher up.
* ATF wanted to rearrest him before he crossed the border.
* The DOJ wanted him to cross the Mexico border
* The man was lost on the Mexican side of the border, outside of the ATF's jurisdiction, and ultimately sold grenades to the Mexican drug cartel.
(Excerpt) Read more at examiner.com ...
” The DOJ and senior prosecutor allowed the man to go, The DOJ wanted him to cross the Mexico border”
I wish I could believe it was incompetence.
Who was calling the shots on this one. Of course, no one in the DOJ or Obama Administration knew anything about supplying grenades to terrorists. Oh, I forgot, there are not terrorists to the democrats, they are comrades.
The list, ping
Let me know if you would like to be on or off the ping list
Ah yes, the famous “Angry white religious male former military” types that Napolitano says are the ‘real’ threat.
They slipped up by saying that they were aware of an ‘unspecific but credible threat’ for this Sunday from “two groups of middle easterners” that had flown in.
If they’d stuck to their own memo...
ty 4 da ping
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.