How about we don’t play games and we vote for what we believe in.
Not a totally awful albeit cynical idea, FR would errupt and could backfire bigtime. I am of the mind getting rid of Obama is job #1, it’s that improtant, more important than even the economy.
Believing his goal IS to crash the economy and end capitalism, I wouldn’t pass it and give him the chance to sign it.
Not a bad idea. What would he use to bash Republicans in his campaign?
These tax increases along with all the taxes in obamacare would totally shut down the economy.
I agree with Obama. It is not “fair” that Buffet pays a higher rate than his secretary...
...We should cut HER taxes to 15% and make them permanent. We should then adjust government programs based upon THAT amount of revenue.
We know if you want more of something, cut the cost.
send buffet an army of IRS auditors
screw the corporate jet industry (how’s that workin’ for Nevada tourism)
impose mandartory double withholding on all theose hedge fund traders in NY and New Jersey
(Schumer and Lautenberg’s people)
I wonder why he isn’t going after the liberal trust babies? ;-)
I was thinking the same thing. Why don’t his tax increases go into effect until AFTER 2012? epublican’s should call the coward’s bluff.
And you know what happened then.
Be sure to hold the vote while the stock market is open and watch the market crash as the vote approaches majority.
“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”
- H. L. Mencken
It’s tempting. He gets his paltry $0.035T increase in annual revenue and $0.150T in already-absorbed “cuts*”, then has to deal with the remaining $1.400T deficit. To wit: “fine, you get what you want, you reduced the deficit by 10%, now what about the remaining 90% which can’t wait 10 years to resolve?”
(* - Medicare/cade reductions are just an already-planned transfer to Obamacare, and military reductions are already underway. There’s no “cuts” here that weren’t already in place.)
But ... we can’t go there. We have to stand and fight it. Calling bluff on someone who is always bluffing and has nothing to lose destroys you. You can’t fix stupid by pointing out “fine, we tried it, it didn’t work” when there’s always another stupid plan to try.
THIS is the problem with the Right wing: we keep trying to reason with the Left, keep giving in to reach “see? it didn’t work”, when they don’t care about reason and success, only implementation of their latest whim. Giving them what they want does not dissuade them from asking again.
I believe that was the rationale when campaign finance reform passed.
But the president will veto it.
But the Supreme Court will knock it down.
But, but, but!
And the rationale when Obama was elected. Now there will be no more excuses for screaming racism.
And the rationale when we shared power in the Senate.
And we get stuck with more stupid policies that further destroy us.
You could not possibly have thought this through. Can’t you just see this? The REPUBLICAN House passes enough new taxes to destroy this country once and for all. THEN, the DEMOCRAT senate accuses them of trying to destroy the country and refuses to take it up. The DEMOCRATS get all the credit for “saving” us poor tax payers an small businesses, and the Pubbies are OUT OF THERE in a tidal wave of anger. And if you think that isn’t exactly how they would frame it, you are nuts.
some of the GOP members might have this crazy little hang-up though about being responsible or something