Skip to comments.Aimless Obama walks alone
Posted on 10/09/2011 5:39:39 AM PDT by COUNTrecount
The reports are not good, disturbing even. I have heard basically the same story four times in the last 10 days, and the people doing the talking are in New York and Washington and are spread across the political spectrum.
The gist is this: President Obama has become a lone wolf, a stranger to his own government. He talks mostly, and sometimes only, to friend and adviser Valerie Jarrett and to David Axelrod, his political strategist.
Everybody else, including members of his Cabinet, have little face time with him except for brief meetings that serve as photo ops. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner both have complained, according to people who have talked to them, that they are shut out of important decisions.
The presidents workdays are said to end early, often at 4 p.m. He usually has dinner in the family residence with his wife and daughters, then retreats to a private office. One person said he takes a stack of briefing books. Others arent sure what he does.
If the reports are accurate, and I believe they are, they paint a picture of an isolated man trapped in a collapsing presidency.
(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...
That’s just his public persona. Deep in his core he is the abandoned infant that just doesn’t measure up hence the absolute obsession to double down on the most ridiculous policy ideas that his kitchen cabinet of menopausal lesbians vomit up.
Obama is a little boy in search of approval by the mouldering corpse of his mother.
This affirmative action installed college dropout couldn’t get hired to sweep floors at a Piggly Wiggly.
His only real ability is being able to disarm white folk with his amiable chatter and cosmetically enhanced smile.
Hopefully, the fewer hours he works, the less damage he does.
Or maybe like Germans who claimed not to have supported the Nazis.
I was getting death threats in 2008 because I was pointing out this guy's failings.
And then when the whole thing crashes and burns, and the liberal leaders are gone, they say “OK, it didn’t work because we had the wrong people in charge. Next time, we’ll put the right ones over us.”
Consider this. For the all the years as a community organizer, I doubt that he ever had a true forty-hour work-week. As a state legislature representative? I doubt that he ever had more than thirty hours a week of any serious work. As a US Senator? He probably got through twenty five hours from Monday to Thursday, and likely put in two hours on Friday before leaving for the day (like most Senators who work there anyway). So you finally come to a sixty hour a week job after years and years of great hours.
Unlike most CEOs or governors....who all face face various hurdles and occasionally toss in an extremely long week every month....he’s never had that thrill. I’m guessing that he truly needs the weekend golf business and the weekends at Camp David, because he is running out of energy. This isn’t the job that community organizer would typically raise their hand for.
I wish he were aimless.
I said (and probably posted on FR) during the election in ‘08 that I figured BO was going to get elected just to make someone like Hillary! look good.
Makes me think of the line from the Eagles' hit Life In The Fast Lane, "There were lines on the mirror, ...".
Apropos of this admin, right before this line, they sing, "They threw outrageous parties, they paid heavenly bills"!
Actually, he *was* a lousy community organizer - Byron York did a good story a couple of years back that summarized his community-organizing “career”.
His major accomplishments were getting a jobs center moved from a white neighborhood to a poor black neighborhood, and instigating an asbestos removal initiative at Altgeld Gardens, a housing project disaster at which asbestos is pretty far down on the list of life-threatening conditions.
And then at midnight he plays basketball.
Heres a partial checklist. You decide.
1. Common to malignant narcissism is narcissistic rage. Narcissistic rage is a reaction to narcissistic injury (when narcissists feels degraded by another person, typically in the form of criticism).
2. When the narcissists' grandiose sense of self-worth is perceived as being attacked by another person, the narcissists' natural reaction is to rage and pull down the self-worth of others (to make them feel superior to others). It is an attempt by narcissists to soothe their internal pain and hostility, while at the same time rebuilding their self worth.
3. Narcissistic rage also occurs when narcissists perceive that they are being prevented from accomplishing their grandiose fantasies.
4. Because narcissists derive pleasure from the fulfillment of their grandiose dreams (akin to an addiction), anyone standing between them and their (wish) fulfillment ... may be subject to narcissistic rage. Narcissistic rage will frequently include yelling and berating of the person narcissists believe has slighted them, but if strong enough could provoke more hostile feelings.
5. Individuals with malignant narcissism will display a two faced personality. Creation of a false self is linked to the their fear of being inadequate or inferior to others and this mask becomes ingrained into their personality so as to project a sense of superiority to others at all times.
6. Narcissists gain a sense of esteem from the feedback of other people as it is common for malignant narcissists to suffer from extremely low levels of self-esteem. [I don't buy this for a second. Their problem is not low self-esteem but malignantly high self-esteem]
7. The ... false self of malignant narcissists is created because the real self doesnt meet their own expectations. Instead, they tend to mimic emotional displays of other people and create a grandiose self to harbor their internalized fantasies of greatness.
8. The [false self] is used by narcissists to present to the outside world what appears to be a normal, functioning human being and to help maintain their own fantasies of an idealized self. Narcissists constantly build upon this false self, creating a fictional character that is used to show off to the world and to help them feed off the emotions of other people.
Did you ever see the area that he “Community Organized”? It is on a fast trip to desolation. The only thing his “Community Oragnizing” skills ever did was make his friends rich.
Isolated man trapped in a collapsing Presidency is one possible interpretation.
Sounds more like Lenin to me, but YMMV.
At this point, the safest hypothesis is not trapped isolated man, it’s committed Marxist-Leninist working in secret with unnamed third parties to overthrow the government of the United States.
“others aren’t sure what he does”
He meets in secret with other members of the Central Committee of CPUSA to design the next steps in their revolution.
I imagine that his somewhat mysterious BlackBerry and other modern tools of communication are involved.
I guess he really, really needs to talk with ... somebody.
“caused many in his party to step aside from the man”
One correction, if I may. The boy maybe, there’s not one cell of a man in this lousy example of human flesh. He’s a narcissistic pantywaiste at best, not a man.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.