Skip to comments.Erekat: PA Won't Attend Quartet's January 23 Confab
Posted on 10/13/2011 2:10:01 PM PDT by Eleutheria5
Palestinian Authority chief negotiator Saeb Erekat denied on Thursday that PA and Israeli representatives would meet in Jordan to discuss restarting peace talks on January 23.
"It was said that there are meetings and calls for meetings in Jordan between an Israeli and a Palestinian delegation with the Quartet. This talk is not true. We did not receive anything from them," Erekat told Voice of Palestine radio on Thursday.
"My view is that anyone who tries to get around the point that Israel must halt settlement and accept the '67 borders is only wasting their time," Erekat added.
The Quartet for Middle East Peace - the European Union, Russia, United States, and United Nations - last week announced January 23 as the date for the meeting without consulting officials in Jerusalem or Ramallah.
Quartet officials previously submitted a plan wherein Israeli and PA officials would resume talks without preconditions with the aim of concluding a final status agreement by December 2012.
(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com ...
"My view is that anyone who tries to get around the point that Israel must halt settlement and accept the '67 borders is only wasting their time," Erekat added.sidebar:
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.