Skip to comments.Occupy Wall Street: The draft manifesto
Posted on 10/17/2011 12:28:26 PM PDT by Mr.Unique
With the Wikileaks-style disclosure of emails from the Occupy Wall Street movements private listserv, observers and critics of the movement got their first look at the movements early internal history including a previously unseen draft manifesto.
The collection of emails emerged Monday morning, apparently collected and placed in the public domain by a movement insider.
The manifesto, written by Micah White of the Canadian Adbusters Media Foundation, betrayed the beginnings of a more ambitious social agenda than one merely concerned with banking and Wall Street regulation.
Included among its first demands was the forgiveness of all student loan debt. But even among the 18- to 25-year-old set that populates much of the Occupy movement, not everyone could agree.
In a followup email, an activist named Gail Zawacki wrote that while student loans are outrageous, a culture clash inside the movement would ultimately preclude homeless protesters from identifying with college graduates.
Im not sure, she wrote, that university students unhappy with tuition will look anything other than elitist to squatters in tents.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...
So when the US Gubmint trades in currency or issues overnight loans to banks, they are to be charged an extra 1%? By whom? And if so, the 'cost' will be simply passed on to the 'consumer'....i.e...higher taxes.
WTF?!?! Based on WHAT?!?!?!?
>>We demand profit sharing in big business.
Yeah, that’s why they’re called SHARE-holders.
Unseen? Really? It has been thoroughly "seen" here on FR for a couple of weeks. I just posted a copy, again, on some other thread, this morning.
These people are imbeciles. God help us if even one of their “demands” are met.
Maybe they should watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVh75ylAUXY&feature=player_embedded
These “kids” knew what they were doing when they borrowed all that money for their university educations. Some of them made a career out of college, and lived it up with the bank’s (and mommy and daddy’s) money. Now they want to squawk about the debt they ran up.
Our son owes a college loan that would choke a horse. We asked him, “How do you eat an elephant?” He didn’t know. - Our answer was, “One bite at a time.” Which is how he will pay it back. He wasn’t raised to freeload and not pay his just debts. (Oh, I know, they “talked” them into it . . blah . . blah . . blah.) We DID help pay at first, but were tapped out when it came to getting a doctorate for all those years.
However, it is NOT “rich” people’s responsibility to pay these kids’ college loans. - It’s a good lesson for them and they should be thankful for a lesson learned sooner rather than later.
I wonder what they expect to do for the people who actually paid their student loans back? SOL while the deadbeats with newly minted liberal arts degrees get a free ride?
That’s very good. I think I actually saw that one as a kid and I’ll save it for the nieces and nephews.
I especially like the line about suspecting those who preach disunity.
Here is their demand:
1. We demand the union of all free social people in the world on the basis of the principle of self-determination of all peoples.
2. We demand that the downtrodden people have rights equal to those of other classes; and that treaties, laws, and regulations that oppose such rights in favor of corporations and banks shall be abrogated.
3. We demand land and housing. Large landowners and landlord holdings must be broken up and distributed to the underprivileged.
4. All peoples of the world may become citizens, but only those who agree to redistribution can become citizens. No capitalist may be a citizen.
5. Those who are not citizens may live in the USA as foreigners and must be subject to the law of aliens.
6. The right to choose the government and determine the laws of the State shall belong only to citizens. We therefore demand that no public office, of whatever nature, whether in the central government, the province, or the municipality, shall be held by anyone who is not a citizen.
7. We wage war against the corrupt parliamentary administration whereby men are appointed to posts by favor of the party without regard to character and fitness.
8. We demand that the State shall above all undertake to ensure that every citizen shall have the possibility of living decently and earning a livelihood. If it should not be possible to feed the whole population, then aliens (non-citizens) must be expelled.
9. All citizens must possess equal rights and duties.
10. The first duty of every citizen must be to work mentally or physically. No individual shall do any work that offends against the interest of the community to the benefit of all.
Therefore we demand:
11. That all unearned income, and all income that does not arise from work, be abolished.
12. Since every war imposes on the people fearful sacrifices in blood and treasure, all personal profit arising from the war must be regarded as treason to the people. We therefore demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
13. We demand the nationalization of all trusts.
14. We demand profit-sharing in large industries.
15. We demand a generous increase in old-age pensions and pensions for the unemployed.
16. We demand the creation and maintenance of a sound middle-class, the immediate communalization of large stores which will be rented cheaply to small tradespeople, and the strongest consideration must be given to ensure that small traders shall deliver the supplies needed by the State, the provinces and municipalities.
17. We demand an agrarian reform in accordance with our national requirements, and the enactment of a law to expropriate the owners without compensation of any land needed for the common purpose. The abolition of ground rents, and the prohibition of all speculation in land.
18. We demand that ruthless war be waged against those who work to the injury of the common welfare. Traitors, usurers, profiteers, etc., are to be punished, regardless of creed or race.
19. We demand that capitalistic system, which serves a materialist ordering of the world, be replaced by a modern a living law.
20. In order to make it possible for every capable and industrious citizen to obtain higher education, and thus the opportunity to reach into positions of leadership, the State must assume the responsibility of organizing thoroughly the entire cultural system of the people. The curricula of all educational establishments shall be adapted to practical life. The conception of the State Idea (science of citizenship) must be taught in the schools from the very beginning. We demand that specially talented children of underprivileged parents, whatever their station or occupation, be educated at the expense of the State.
21. The State has the duty to help raise the standard of national health by providing maternity welfare centers, by prohibiting juvenile labor, by increasing physical fitness through the introduction of compulsory games and gymnastics, and by the greatest possible encouragement of associations concerned with the physical education of the young.
22. We demand the abolition of the regular military and the military-industrial complex and the creation of a peoples army.
23. We demand that there be a legal campaign against those
who propagate deliberate political lies and disseminate them through the press. In order to make possible the creation of a free press:
(a) Al editors and their assistants on news stations or sources published in USA (including web sites) shall be citizens.
(b) All financial interests in or in any way affecting USA news sources shall be forbidden to non-citizens by law, and we demand that the punishment for transgressing this law be the immediate suppression of the newspaper and the expulsion of trangressors.
25. We demand legal action against those tendencies in art and literature that have a disruptive influence upon the life of our folk, and that any organizations that offend against the foregoing demands shall be dissolved.
26. We demand freedom for all religious faiths in the state, insofar as they do not endanger its existence or offend the moral and ethical sense of the modern citizen, but we must fight against the Judeo-Christian materialist spirit within and without, and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our folk can only come about from within on the principle:
COMMON GOOD BEFORE INDIVIDUAL GOOD
In order to carry out this program we demand: the creation of a strong central authority in the State, the unconditional authority by the political central parliament of the whole State and all its organizations.
The formation of professional committees and of committees representing the several estates of the realm, to ensure that the laws promulgated by the central authority shall be carried out by the several states.
The leaders of the party undertake to promote the execution of the foregoing points at all costs, if necessary at the sacrifice of their own lives.
Bill Ayers, far from killing his parents - like most of the leftist communist ‘man of the people’ leaders from history - was a trust fund kid.
IIRC his daddy, far from fearing for his life, used his connections and money to help little Bill out of trouble and into a cushy gig “teaching” impressionable skulls full of mush.
They now have their state-run media, MSNBC, calling for names of the rich. I think Hank Williams, Jr. was dead on.
Where did they post this?
I got it by email.
Plagiarist! The National Socialist German Workers’ Party will sue you for appropriating their intellectual property.
“Obama Endorsed #OWS”
Lots of pix.